176 lodged June 2011 Gang

I would definately like to keep in touch - I'm a little concerned about being isolated until we make new friends, so to have people we are already in touch with is before getting there can only be a good thing :-D

We really did love Rockingham. We literally stayed on the beach (well the bbq green and a road was in between - but we had nothing to complain about) there is a large ex-pat community - probably more British then Aussie there LOL. it is a lovely stretch along the promenade and the links to the city by bus and metro were fantastic. there is also a massive Westfield shopping centre & entertainment complex a bus ride away as well. I don't think it is a bad place to start out from :wink:

Est

Count us in on the keeping in touch, Rockingham sounds great for us if we can afford it !

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mandi1971

Sounds great. Ive saw homes there from as little as $350 a week upwards. I think theres a mixture of affordable and expensive homes so its perfect.

If we all keep up to date with our visas and help eachother along the way, im sure we'll make some good friends for when we get there :biggrin:

Heres my email address Butchera1971@yahoo.com

Mandi x

do I need to get all my familys passport numbers in the upload section?.....Ihave 13 brothers and sister:yes::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: (half and step) it would take me a million years to get them all to respond to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only if they are going with you!!

Just you and your dependants you need to upload the passport biopages for.

well am family sponsored so will be a while, will hopefully go sometime after the olympics, as will prob be going,(though not taking part LMFAO!!!) and want our second baby to be at least a year old!!!! so can't even get meds done till after Nov this year as the misses is due early oct, obviously no x-ray can be done, you in a rush? also do you know if you need to have all your family's passport no's???

Count us in on the keeping in touch, Rockingham sounds great for us if we can afford it !

Sounds great. Ive saw homes there from as little as $350 a week upwards. I think theres a mixture of affordable and expensive homes so its perfect.

If we all keep up to date with our visas and help eachother along the way, im sure we'll make some good friends for when we get there :biggrin:

Heres my email address Butchera1971@yahoo.com

Mandi x

Yes I've been on the real estate agents website and found some fairly priced houses for furnished and unfurnished lease at reasonable prices. We aren't bothered about pool etc as the beach isn't far away. r u on facebook?

Est

Well just waiting for a copy on my birth certificate and OH to get more passport photos don't coz forgot to scan one in before we used them for TRA etc (DOH!)

Have even done the form 80's and 1221 - I know I'm just a swot.

nowt else to do but wait now .....

Jimi - I paniced when I saw those rellies come up on the application I thought I'd filled form in wrong and that we were intending to take all OH's family on our visa too! I've just ignored it for now if DIAC want them when CO assigned will get them then :-)

good luck all

Have found form 1221 and filled most of it in for both of us. Just need my cousins address and work info and it'll be completed. Everything else including form 80's now uploaded. I've not had an acknowledgement email yet - should I be worried?!?

Have found form 1221 and filled most of it in for both of us. Just need my cousins address and work info and it'll be completed. Everything else including form 80's now uploaded. I've not had an acknowledgement email yet - should I be worried?!?

We lodged on Sunday night and we got our confirmation email from DIAC this morning. Also see on the email that they state that we need to upload the form 80 and 1221 so it looks like it is a standard request now. still all done just waiting for WA to sent through the SS to DIAC ....

Spose I ought to get on the 80/1221 then :confused:

So glad I have got my 176 lodged now as my occupation is off the SOL from 1st July. Just got to hope that doesn't change my priority when I get a CO.

fingers crossed you get a CO before then.

Hi There saz71,

I didnt get a price from Manchester as its abit of adrive for us were in Salisbury wilts, so looked at and spoke to Brentwood & birmingham clinics . Birmingham was the best for price it was for a family of four broken down !!!

ADULT full medical & x rays £275.00

Hep B £35.00 will need this if you have tattoos

10 year old £70.00

9 year old £ 70.00

any child under 11 years old the above price after that it gose up not to sure in how much !!!

Im off to smack that money tree at the bottom of garden to drop me some more money lol :cry:

hope this helps

susan :wubclub:

Does Birmingham charge extra for E-health and HIV tests?

Ta Est

did anyone upload docs and put them under the wrong header....

I uploaded our marrige cert and put it under *Evidence of relationship to sponsor*

help!!! there is no delete or edit button!!!

ideas anyone???

I did see an Errors form on the immi site somewhere but can't remember the number.

Don't worry too much, I'm sure your CO will spot it and ask for clarification.

did anyone upload docs and put them under the wrong header....

I uploaded our marrige cert and put it under *Evidence of relationship to sponsor*

help!!! there is no delete or edit button!!!

ideas anyone???

I feel your pain. I realised last night that we'd ticked a wrong box on page 1 of our form 80 so have just attached new ones and put in the comment about the others being incorrect. Fingers crossed the case officer will understand what I've done!

I put my marrige certificate as relationship to my sponsor, my sister!!! :wacko::biglaugh::biglaugh:

sorry i shouldnt laugh - but that is quite funny. I'd just upload it again under marriage certificate. Hopefully it will make them have a chuckle you could explain to CO when assigned too - but then I am definately no expert:nah:

Hiya

Can we join the thread!!! Lodged 176 on 5th June. Its taken nearly 2 years to get to this point so we are so happy at the mo. Haven't uploaded any docs yet as we are picking up our new printer/scanner tomorrow, so will get going on that ASAP.

We are hopefully heading to Melbourne area. No family there, but best friend met and married an aussie and moved there 9 years ago.

Our families are sort of aware of the situation but won't even talk about it!

Anyway it will be great to hear about everyones progress on here and good luck to us all

Rachel

Guest mandi1971
Yes I've been on the real estate agents website and found some fairly priced houses for furnished and unfurnished lease at reasonable prices. We aren't bothered about pool etc as the beach isn't far away. r u on facebook?

Est

Sent you a PM.

We thought the same about the homes being so close to the beach but kids would love a pool.I don't think it would be essential though,just nice lol x

can anyone tell me if they uploaded all docs via PDF, did you reduce the DPI to the recommended 96 DPI, just realised I uploaded all mine at 200 DPI and the DIAC webite states all PDF's must be set to 96 DPI!!! all I seem to be doing is messing up this doc uploading.... does anyone know if this matters??? the DIAC must think im right inbread messing up this uploading stuff!!!! :wacko:

Any help much appriciated

can anyone tell me if they uploaded all docs via PDF, did you reduce the DPI to the recommended 96 DPI, just realised I uploaded all mine at 200 DPI and the DIAC webite states all PDF's must be set to 96 DPI!!! all I seem to be doing is messing up this doc uploading.... does anyone know if this matters??? the DIAC must think im right inbread messing up this uploading stuff!!!! :wacko:

didn't even know there was such a thing as different DPI's - a PDF is an PDF to me - explains why it took me so long to upload docs!!!:confused: most people must do the same

I've not changed mine so I'll be in the same boat.

I've not changed mine so I'll be in the same boat.

At least were in the June boat!!!! dont fancy the July boat one bit, I would defo sink if I was in that one!!!! 115 points pre july and I would need and IELTS 8 to get 65 post July!!! not happening!!!

Were so close to the wire submitting now I feel that they are going to, for some reason put ours back for incorrect spelling, or something!!!!

COME ON PADDLE FASTER!!! :jimlad: