176 lodged June 2011 Gang

Guest SUZY
The Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead charges £200 per adult and £85 per child under 10 so beats Birmingham by £15 for the 5 of us plus less spend on fuel to get there !

Hep B is £50 extra though......lucky I have no ink !

After 1st July fine for us as not in a hurry to get to the selling house etc stage !

Heyy Thats Great Justin ,

Good news for you wish we had more time but time is against us bloody husbands :mad:.

Im ok with the price and it gives us time to stay over night with my mom as she lives near worcestershire so happy smiles all round :cute:.

So do you think selling your house will be quick or you havnt put it on the market yet or are you waiting for the visa then start selling ..

susan .. :biggrin:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SUZY
Hi All

Can anybody see what docs you have uploaded... When i go into load documents more is nothing listed.... I have spent hours uploading all my docs and 2 form 80 and 2 form 1221 and i can't view any of them!!! anybody any ideas??

Is everybody booking medicals before you have a case officer??

niamh

Hi Niamh,

I have booked our Medicals about half hour ago reason being my oh is in the Army and is away quite alot so speaking to our agent we were advised to get them done before he gose away , as he will be away quite a while .:eek:

But i wldnt have bothered otherwise would have been quite happy to wait for co to ask us.

susan x :jiggy:

Heyy Thats Great Justin ,

Good news for you wish we had more time but time is against us bloody husbands :mad:.

Im ok with the price and it gives us time to stay over night with my mom as she lives near worcestershire so happy smiles all round :cute:.

So do you think selling your house will be quick or you havnt put it on the market yet or are you waiting for the visa then start selling ..

susan .. :biggrin:

Not sure how to take the "bloody husband" bit as I am one ! :biggrin:

We'll put it on the market once we have the visa and hope we get a good price 1 :eek:

Guest SUZY
Hi all, another new joiner!

We (well our agent!) lodged our 176 SS application today 3rd June.

Hi Woodster ,

noticed your from Midlands where abouts im originally from Stourport On Severn worcs

susan x :wubclub:

Guest SUZY
Not sure how to take the "bloody husband" bit as I am one ! :biggrin:

We'll put it on the market once we have the visa and hope we get a good price 1 :eek:

Sorry didnt mean to offend just meant it for mine :notworthy: always away !!!

Guest mandi1971

Hi we lodged our 176 on 1st June. OH is a Plumber.Just sitting waiting now to see what happens. Should we be booking meds etc yet or is it best to wait for a CO and can anyone tell us the closest to Newcastle please?

We are hoping to go to Perth, Rockingham area, we have 3 kids aged 8,15 and 19 and a ****zu which we are also taking.

Be great to meet people in the same boat so we can all help eachother along the way :wink:

Mandi x

Guest SUZY
Hi we lodged our 176 on 1st June. OH is a Plumber.Just sitting waiting now to see what happens. Should we be booking meds etc yet or is it best to wait for a CO and can anyone tell us the closest to Newcastle please?

We are hoping to go to Perth, Rockingham area, we have 3 kids aged 8,15 and 19 and a ****zu which we are also taking.

Be great to meet people in the same boat so we can all help eachother along the way :wink:

Mandi x

Hi Mandi ,

Most people wait for a co to tell them to get medicals & police checks done, our case is a little different as you can read from my posts , but to be honest if not in a hurry just wait for a co ..

When are you looking to go to perth we are going there as well not sure areas yet , but like the look of butler an upcoming suberb so ive been told , we have two kids 10 & 9 so as you say would be great to keep in touch along this journey :jiggy:

susan x :wink:

sorry would manchester be nearest to you i think it was waltzing matilda on here just posted it was a good price aswell !!!

Guest SUZY
No worries, none taken ! The joys of being a forces wife eh !

Thanks Justin the joys have been for many years now :twitcy: but there have been some great times, i should be used to it the going away as im ex forces meself :biglaugh:

susan!!! :goofy:

Guest mandi1971
Hi Mandi ,

Most people wait for a co to tell them to get medicals & police checks done, our case is a little different as you can read from my posts , but to be honest if not in a hurry just wait for a co ..

When are you looking to go to perth we are going there as well not sure areas yet , but like the look of butler an upcoming suberb so ive been told , we have two kids 10 & 9 so as you say would be great to keep in touch along this journey :jiggy:

susan x :wink:

sorry would manchester be nearest to you i think it was waltzing matilda on here just posted it was a good price aswell !!!

Hi Suzy

Yes manchester is fine only a coupke hours drive or so, thanks.

We are hoping to go after Xmas if all goes to plan, depending on when or if we get the visa of course :eek:

Ive looked at Secret Harbour so far but to be honest i havent really got a clue.

I heard Rockingham was a great place so im quite happy to settle anywhere in that area to start off with.

We are just going to rent a holiday home for the first 2 months till our container arrives etc so that gives us plenty time to look about.

Keep in touch though, its great talking to people in the same situation as you as i dont really talk to my family about it yet if i can help it :rolleyes:

Take Care

Mandi x

are you uploading certified copies of just the originals???

uploaded scanned copies of certificates and anything in colour- its been said a few times if there is colour on the docs its ok to upload without certification. got certified copies of everything else used for TRA so loaded thoses too.

If there are any issues once CO is assigned we will get more copies certified then :-D

soz later reply been a bit busy today :v_SPIN:

Mandi x

Welcome, up to you if you book meds yet, it could speed up the visa app if you do.

Panel doctor list here: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/u/united-kingdom/panel-doctors.htm

Looking forward to supporting each other.:biggrin:

Justin.

Hi There saz71,

I didnt get a price from Manchester as its abit of adrive for us were in Salisbury wilts, so looked at and spoke to Brentwood & birmingham clinics . Birmingham was the best for price it was for a family of four broken down !!!

ADULT full medical & x rays £275.00

Hep B £35.00 will need this if you have tattoos

10 year old £70.00

9 year old £ 70.00

any child under 11 years old the above price after that it gose up not to sure in how much !!!

Im off to smack that money tree at the bottom of garden to drop me some more money lol :cry:

hope this helps

susan :wubclub:

Thanks Suzy - it's good to have an idea and I'll compare with Manchester. I'll be smacking the money tree myself!

Mandi x

Hi mandi

we are also looking to start out in Rockingham - mainly becuase we spent 5 weeks there over Christmas & New Year this year. Its like a home from home and our son (3) will hopefully recognise it when we get there. We also have a daughter who is 9 months (we are not expecting her to remember it LOL)

Est & Rich

Welcome, up to you if you book meds yet, it could speed up the visa app if you do.

Panel doctor list here: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/u/united-kingdom/panel-doctors.htm

Looking forward to supporting each other.:biggrin:

Justin.

Justin - thanks for adding this link we were just thinking about checking out the cost of medicals. Although like you we are in no real hurry not aiming to head out there until about this time next year

Est :-D

Guest waltzing maltida

Hi All

Its offical none of my documents uploaded!!! just did two now and they are on the list we i go to add another document.

I checked with an agent about documents and they said if they are original docs scanned in that's fine but if it is a photocopy of an original they have to be certified also Form 80 and Form 1221 are required for all applicants over 18!!

Fingers crossed all my docs will upload tonight!

I use this link https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/attachment/start.do?attachType=VISA_APPLICATION&group=travel

to log in and all the docs I have already uploaded are listed but you can't actually open/view them. I can click the "Add supporting document" button to upload more.

Does this help ???

P.S. We're not booking medicals until requested by the CO to try to slow things down a bit. Only been working on the process for 2 months and expected it all to take a year at least but it's looking like a lot less than that !

Exactly what we're doing as we're not planning to make the move for a few years and will need to do a validation trip next year so I'd rather they were slower for us in some ways!

Hi All

Its offical none of my documents uploaded!!! just did two now and they are on the list we i go to add another document.

I checked with an agent about documents and they said if they are original docs scanned in that's fine but if it is a photocopy of an original they have to be certified also Form 80 and Form 1221 are required for all applicants over 18!!

Oh no, what a shame. Hope they upload ok for you later. I'm just uploading the rest of ours now. What's the 1221 form?

Guest mandi1971
Hi mandi

we are also looking to start out in Rockingham - mainly becuase we spent 5 weeks there over Christmas & New Year this year. Its like a home from home and our son (3) will hopefully recognise it when we get there. We also have a daughter who is 9 months (we are not expecting her to remember it LOL)

Est & Rich

Hi, you,ll have to tell me all about it. Ive got a lad at work that gets based in Perth for 4 months a year and loves Rockingham. He says the area is amazing, has a great social life :biggrin: and is great for raising kids.

Ive read up as much as i can and it just keeps getting better.

It'll be great if we all keep in touch and we have some friends when we first get there, I know from experience how hard it is in a new country for the first year or so.

Take Care

Mandi x

Guest mandi1971

I take it that my agent would have done all this uploading as ive not been asked to do anything? :confused:

I hope so coz it all sounds very stressful lol, good luck to those of you trying to do it alone though, im dreading starting form 80. I worked on the airlines so im gonna have fun trying to fill that in :rolleyes:

Mandi x

Hi All

Bad luck, they must have got lost in the maintenance work over the weekend, at least they are going on now !

That's what I thought with the certifying etc, and thanks for clarfying the form 80 and 1221.....................a late night coming up for doing those ! :frown:

Is the form 80 just for me (the applicant) or for the missus as well ???

Guest waltzing maltida

Hey

Yeah Form 80 and Form 1221 for both yourself and your wife! Ours was straightforward enough just holidays for us so wasn't that painful!

Niamh

Hey

Yeah Form 80 and Form 1221 for both yourself and your wife! Ours was straightforward enough just holidays for us so wasn't that painful!

Niamh

They will be virtually identical then, unless she has left the country without me knowing ! :laugh:

Cheers:notworthy:

Hi, you,ll have to tell me all about it. Ive got a lad at work that gets based in Perth for 4 months a year and loves Rockingham. He says the area is amazing, has a great social life :biggrin: and is great for raising kids.

Ive read up as much as i can and it just keeps getting better.

It'll be great if we all keep in touch and we have some friends when we first get there, I know from experience how hard it is in a new country for the first year or so.

Take Care

Mandi x

I would definately like to keep in touch - I'm a little concerned about being isolated until we make new friends, so to have people we are already in touch with is before getting there can only be a good thing :-D

We really did love Rockingham. We literally stayed on the beach (well the bbq green and a road was in between - but we had nothing to complain about) there is a large ex-pat community - probably more British then Aussie there LOL. it is a lovely stretch along the promenade and the links to the city by bus and metro were fantastic. there is also a massive Westfield shopping centre & entertainment complex a bus ride away as well. I don't think it is a bad place to start out from :wink:

Est