176 lodged June 2011 Gang

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Everyone,

Wow 6 weeks goes to fast. Finally starting to settle. We managed to get a private rental in Port Kennedy, If you can go Private it is alot easier, as I have found with an agent some as for a % up front for each application, so if u applied for two places and got them both you could lose money,they also do rental home opens, so it could be a week or two before you view a property you like.

Sorted out a car and driving liscense really easily, and medicare is also easy to do.

My husband got a job before we left the Uk, but I have to say, there is alot of construction work going on in perth, if you need good quick money fly in fly out is a really good way to go, It is not ideal but it has set us up nicely before Bubba is due.

Our furniture and Dog Arrive this week, I cannot wait it feels like forever and to have our own things around us will make this feel like home. If you do need furniture check out Gumtree it is huge over here, and you can get the prices down and be really cheeky some people will deliver. I have also mangaed to get prices down in shops, as they are good at over pricing. Shop around!!!

Weather has been good, had the odd days of rain, and evening can be cold. I didnt think i would need one but a gas fire has been a god send.

Hope your all okay, would be lovely to hear from you all to see where your at, And I am happy to help if you have any questions.

Takecare

Katy :cute:

yes we are in our 6th week now and same as you sorted most things out like medicare,family assistance,rental,my husband is in his 3 week at work and kids are in there 3 week at school,had a email from crown on friday to say our stuff is here just waiting on quarantine so looking good no regrets its all good.

• 1 month later...
Hello Everyone,

Wow 6 weeks goes to fast. Finally starting to settle. We managed to get a private rental in Port Kennedy, If you can go Private it is alot easier, as I have found with an agent some as for a % up front for each application, so if u applied for two places and got them both you could lose money,they also do rental home opens, so it could be a week or two before you view a property you like.

Sorted out a car and driving liscense really easily, and medicare is also easy to do.

My husband got a job before we left the Uk, but I have to say, there is alot of construction work going on in perth, if you need good quick money fly in fly out is a really good way to go, It is not ideal but it has set us up nicely before Bubba is due.

Our furniture and Dog Arrive this week, I cannot wait it feels like forever and to have our own things around us will make this feel like home. If you do need furniture check out Gumtree it is huge over here, and you can get the prices down and be really cheeky some people will deliver. I have also mangaed to get prices down in shops, as they are good at over pricing. Shop around!!!

Weather has been good, had the odd days of rain, and evening can be cold. I didnt think i would need one but a gas fire has been a god send.

Hope your all okay, would be lovely to hear from you all to see where your at, And I am happy to help if you have any questions.

Takecare

Katy :cute:

Hello Katy

You say there is a lot of construction work which is good to hear and the fifo you say is good can i ask what you OH does for a job as i am thinking of getting into the mines if poss.

Thanks

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, another little update,

We all must nearly be in oz now as the end of the year is approaching. Myself and OH are settled, and have our first visitor arriving this week.

We have also welcomed our beautiful son, two weeks ago. We now have our own Aussie.

Our furniture was with us, within a week of it arriving, and our dog is settled and out of quarantine, where she was looked after amazingly.

I would love to hear how you are all getting on.

take care

katy :biggrin:

Hello everyone, another little update,

We all must nearly be in oz now as the end of the year is approaching. Myself and OH are settled, and have our first visitor arriving this week.

We have also welcomed our beautiful son, two weeks ago. We now have our own Aussie.

Our furniture was with us, within a week of it arriving, and our dog is settled and out of quarantine, where she was looked after amazingly.

I would love to hear how you are all getting on.

take care

katy :biggrin:

hi katy weve been here 3 months now and we are all settled,our furniture was the same 1 week from it arriving,kids settled in school and they love it OH likes his job,weve settled in safety bay its a great area.CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your son.

hi katy weve been here 3 months now and we are all settled,our furniture was the same 1 week from it arriving,kids settled in school and they love it OH likes his job,weve settled in safety bay its a great area.CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your son.

Thank you, I am not far from you in Port Kennedy.x

It's great to hear how everyone is getting on! Feels like yesterday we were adding our name to the June 2011 list.

Been in Perth 7 months today. Getting on well, make some lovely friends. In the middle of buying a house, which I think will make everything feel perfect! Never been a fan of renting, and that continues here!

Donna

Hi Katy and Rob (congrats on the new baby) and everyone else !!

Well finally we complete our house sale on Friday after a long 8 months, just right now waiting for the packers to turn up now ready to fill the container on Friday morning

We are going to live in a local Hoseasons caravan for 10 days (kids in school until the 12th) then we fly off to Orlando for 20 nights then on to Brisbane (via Dallas) for 4 nights before finally arriving in Perth on 12th November (12 days before our validation date!!)

My sister has organised a leaving party on the 14th so the tears will be done before we leave I hope !

See you all soon, can't wait ! :wink:

Justin, Emma, Izzy, Kieran and Grace

• 3 months later...
Hi Katy and Rob (congrats on the new baby) and everyone else !!

Well finally we complete our house sale on Friday after a long 8 months, just right now waiting for the packers to turn up now ready to fill the container on Friday morning

We are going to live in a local Hoseasons caravan for 10 days (kids in school until the 12th) then we fly off to Orlando for 20 nights then on to Brisbane (via Dallas) for 4 nights before finally arriving in Perth on 12th November (12 days before our validation date!!)

My sister has organised a leaving party on the 14th so the tears will be done before we leave I hope !

See you all soon, can't wait ! :wink:

Justin, Emma, Izzy, Kieran and Grace

Hello guys,

hope you had a good Christmas, new year and Australia Day.

How are you all settling in?

its been over 7 months now and I am so happy, we have settle so well. Would be lovely for a another little update from you and everyone else on here....

We have all followed each other shame for it to dwindle out now we all arrived.

take care

katy x

• 6 months later...

Hey all, long time no post !!

Just to let you know it's been a hectic 9 months settling in with a change of job for me after the first 4 months.

Still renting in Lakelands near Mandurah but our house is about to be started in Baldivis and the kids are registered at the school 200m away although they have loved it at Meadow Springs Primary.

Loving it here although the winters are hard in these ridiculous houses with single glazing and no heating, can't wait for summer.

Find myself saying "back in the UK" but never "back home"................Perth is my home now and it's great !

Anybody wants to meet up just drop me a PM :wink:

Hi Chardy!

Just got a ping when you wrote your update! Feels like yesterday we were talking about moving to Perth!

From memory you were telecoms? That's right isn't it?

How long till your house is ready?

We have rented, bought, sold and now renting!

Never a dull moment!

Donna x

I got an update from tapatalk. Must admit I've not been on this thread for years but good to see you're settled both of you

We're still in the uk after visas granted nov 2011 but ours was always a long term plan plus second baby arrived in between. So we did a recce to activate visas last year and house has been on the market since Jan. Really slow in our area despite reducing our price so we're starting plan b which is to save every penny now I'm back at work and rent this place out. Target date to move Sept 2014 at the latest. Job number 1 - child visa for the new arrival :)

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Hey all, long time no post !!

Just to let you know it's been a hectic 9 months settling in with a change of job for me after the first 4 months.

Still renting in Lakelands near Mandurah but our house is about to be started in Baldivis and the kids are registered at the school 200m away although they have loved it at Meadow Springs Primary.

Loving it here although the winters are hard in these ridiculous houses with single glazing and no heating, can't wait for summer.

Find myself saying "back in the UK" but never "back home"................Perth is my home now and it's great !

Anybody wants to meet up just drop me a PM :wink:

Hello,

Chardy, your not to far from me, I am in port Kennedy? Is your wife still doing cakes???

nothing much has changed from my previous post, looking to go back to the Uk end of the year so my parents can meet our little man who is nearly 1... Where has that time gone.

i am just enjoying being an at home mummy, going swimming and clubs, drinking coffee.

It is great to finally start living the life that we dreamed of.

where in Baldivis did you build?

were all living the dream xxx

Ah we know PK quite well, spent a few evenings on the jetty !

Emma hasn't started the cakes other than for us and friends as she'd want to have premises and that is $$$$$$$$$$ !!!

Maybe we should catch up when the weather gets better, PM me your email/phone if you like.

Our build is only just starting up in Highbury Park.

Wow Justin 9 months that's gone quick. We have been here 2 years in November already! Our house was finished in April and the pool goes in hopefully soon. I to changed jobs in march and wife has been promoted so all good here. High bury park is nice bit hilly but a nice area were on Harrington waters in Waikiki.

It's really a pleasure to read from 'my' lodged gang again! Now it's over 2 years ago since we all started our visa adventure.

We've also settled in well in Adelaide.

Hubby found a job quickly in his field as an industrial mechanic, for me it was more difficult (South Australia is more complicated in terms of securing a 1st job due to lack of job opportunities). But after obtaining a Certificate III under the 'Skills for All' initiative I could also secure a decent job in home and community care.

But now we got a life here and besides work we both are doing our Certificate IV.

Adelaide offers a life style we didn't have in Europe. Now we even started bicycling again!!! South Australia has a great infrastructure for bike riding in particular, whereas the roads for cars and trucks are in worse conditions.

Have also visited relatives in Sydney over x-mas und have been to Uluru/Ayers Rock in January (45 Degrees, feeling like flame-grilled, but fantastic experience).

We really love Australia.

All the best to you all:smile:

Well guys just a quick update from me but it's nice to see you're all doing well.

Sorry I've not been on much but it truly has been a manic year and 4 months since moving to Perth!

The family and I are loving things in WA and are living in Jindalee at the moment. Taken a time to get settled but we're well underway now and about to build a house in Yanchep.

I've been doing a few security based jobs to tide me over until my police application got processed and finally, after many hoops and 8 months of waiting, I start with WA Police on 30th September!

Things have progressed well for us and we have no regrets whatsoever. Even have my inlaws coming over next week so I may even get back to writing comical anicdotes as a stress outlet for me dealing with the mother-in-law!!

Well guys just a quick update from me but it's nice to see you're all doing well.

Sorry I've not been on much but it truly has been a manic year and 4 months since moving to Perth!

The family and I are loving things in WA and are living in Jindalee at the moment. Taken a time to get settled but we're well underway now and about to build a house in Yanchep.

I've been doing a few security based jobs to tide me over until my police application got processed and finally, after many hoops and 8 months of waiting, I start with WA Police on 30th September!

Things have progressed well for us and we have no regrets whatsoever. Even have my inlaws coming over next week so I may even get back to writing comical anicdotes as a stress outlet for me dealing with the mother-in-law!!

Its a funny world, we have just sold up in Yanchep, where are you building?

Donna x