176 lodged June 2011 Gang

So please you are loving it Donna. I hope everything is going well. It's great to see all us June gang members there or getting there, especially those who have been on the thread since the start. Have you found a longer term rental or anything? xxx

Hi Lucy,

We have been in the long term rental for about a month now. We found it after two weeks, and signed for it, then just moved in!

We had the holiday rental for a month, so just kind of lived between them both till we bought more things.

Husband got a job in the first week, and on his 4th week this week. My daughter is in school, although on school holidays just now, but have fell into the routine quickly!

Spent money like water, but apart from that, everything great.

Are you all ready for the off?- a really random thing, but just bought my husband razor blades, and they we $23, so buy plenty before you leave!!!

Donna xxx

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lucy,

We have been in the long term rental for about a month now. We found it after two weeks, and signed for it, then just moved in!

We had the holiday rental for a month, so just kind of lived between them both till we bought more things.

Husband got a job in the first week, and on his 4th week this week. My daughter is in school, although on school holidays just now, but have fell into the routine quickly!

Spent money like water, but apart from that, everything great.

Are you all ready for the off?- a really random thing, but just bought my husband razor blades, and they we $23, so buy plenty before you leave!!!

Donna xxx

Wow so you got a rental quite quickly then. Where about are you living? We have a holiday let for 8 weeks in Beaconsfield. We will likely start looking for a longer term rental in the 2nd month. We want to check out all the area's first. My OH is planning to look for work in the 2nd week, I currently don't plan to work in May. I will start to look in June I think, just see how it all goes I guess!

Are we ready? Not really lol. People keep asking us but I am not sure what being ready means....we have passport's and visa's....is that ready? We will be shipping oh's car the week after next, we have not even confirmed a date with the shipping company yet. My OH started test packing this weekend to see how many boxes he will fill to go with the car in the container, I haven't with my things. I think it will only be 3 boxes in total for both of us, and we will check in a couple of cases each on the flight...and that's us! I only have one more week left at work, so I have 2 weeks off before we go.

Razors hey, I guess that's the same for women's too? Thanks for tip. xx

Wow so you got a rental quite quickly then. Where about are you living? We have a holiday let for 8 weeks in Beaconsfield. We will likely start looking for a longer term rental in the 2nd month. We want to check out all the area's first. My OH is planning to look for work in the 2nd week, I currently don't plan to work in May. I will start to look in June I think, just see how it all goes I guess!

Are we ready? Not really lol. People keep asking us but I am not sure what being ready means....we have passport's and visa's....is that ready? We will be shipping oh's car the week after next, we have not even confirmed a date with the shipping company yet. My OH started test packing this weekend to see how many boxes he will fill to go with the car in the container, I haven't with my things. I think it will only be 3 boxes in total for both of us, and we will check in a couple of cases each on the flight...and that's us! I only have one more week left at work, so I have 2 weeks off before we go.

Razors hey, I guess that's the same for women's too? Thanks for tip. xx

We have sent our car seperately from our personal stuff, so car not yet even on its boat yet, sitting at some warehouse with the shipping guy, our personal stuff is near china apparently!

I have only got our suitcase clothes so to speak, and we are managing just fine! I would say my husband and daughter do seem to have much more than me, when I unpacked everyones things.

I have not started work yet, starting next week, wanted to feel my daughter was settled first.

We have settled in Yanchep, and love it. Its very north, but really what we hoped for.

Have driven around loads of places all mostly NOR, and have seen lovely areas. My husband has been SOR with work, and seen more lovely places, so there will be a place perfect for you I am sure.

Its cooler in the evenings, but we are not really out then, but Id say to pack summer stuff, with cardigans and a zippy top or two. I am a cold fish though, and sit in my pjs with socks on and a zippy top, whereas my husband would have summer shorts on!

Feel bad I am maybe spoiling the thread?? With my rambling on!

The only thing I am missing is british chocolate, there are bristish shops, but hopefully helping my waistline just not eating any!

Donna x

We have sent our car seperately from our personal stuff, so car not yet even on its boat yet, sitting at some warehouse with the shipping guy, our personal stuff is near china apparently!

I have only got our suitcase clothes so to speak, and we are managing just fine! I would say my husband and daughter do seem to have much more than me, when I unpacked everyones things.

I have not started work yet, starting next week, wanted to feel my daughter was settled first.

We have settled in Yanchep, and love it. Its very north, but really what we hoped for.

Have driven around loads of places all mostly NOR, and have seen lovely areas. My husband has been SOR with work, and seen more lovely places, so there will be a place perfect for you I am sure.

Its cooler in the evenings, but we are not really out then, but Id say to pack summer stuff, with cardigans and a zippy top or two. I am a cold fish though, and sit in my pjs with socks on and a zippy top, whereas my husband would have summer shorts on!

Feel bad I am maybe spoiling the thread?? With my rambling on!

The only thing I am missing is british chocolate, there are bristish shops, but hopefully helping my waistline just not eating any!

Donna x

Don't worry about rambling on! I am enjoying it. We are women after all. When we went on a holiday in December 2009 I remember eating Cadburys chocolate. Do they not have that in Perth? In fact I hope not, as I too am addicted to chocolate. The UK is now talking about banning all advertisements on junk food. Too late for me, I am a chocoholic! Supermarkets can no longer have cigarettes on show, they have to be behind a shutter. I'm all for that thought, I hate walking down the street and people's smoke going in my face, I think it should be banned inside and outside, they should smoke in their own homes but what can you do. I am also a cold fish, but hopefully Perth will be warmer then England lol. Which is not difficult seeing as England is cold 365 days a years! xxx

They do have Cadburys chocolate, but it doesnt have the same taste at all. It apparently is something to go with the heat, and it having something in it to stop it melting. Its the same apparently, as the taste in America.

They cigarettes are hidden here in Perth, and expensive, as I have been told.

Think its a certainty that it will be warmer than England. The mums at the school keep laughing when I turn up in shorts and vest top. They claimed one day before easter it was like a winters day, I had on 3/4 lengths and a vest top. The mums had on jeans, cardigans. It rained for honestly 1 min, and they were calling the kids off of the park equipment cause of the rain, this weather was like a lovely summers day to me!

Car said 27c I noticed as we were driving at 230pm this afternoon.

Donna x

Hi all exciting to hear everyones news, just to let u know we have a new edition to the family, zack was born on wed 4/4 9lb 6oz, unfortunatly we learned he has a heart murmur hes hvein tests this tuesday to see if its healed, if not we will find out what treatment he can have. At this moment we are not sure if we can still go ahead with plans as dont know if his heart condition is going to stop us going to oz or not we are just waiting till tues to see what doctors say then i will have to try and find out if he would pass the medicals or not as dont want to spend a grand getting us all done if zack wont pass, so fingers crossed that hes ok and plans can go ahead if not well we will c x

Hi all exciting to hear everyones news, just to let u know we have a new edition to the family, zack was born on wed 4/4 9lb 6oz, unfortunatly we learned he has a heart murmur hes hvein tests this tuesday to see if its healed, if not we will find out what treatment he can have. At this moment we are not sure if we can still go ahead with plans as dont know if his heart condition is going to stop us going to oz or not we are just waiting till tues to see what doctors say then i will have to try and find out if he would pass the medicals or not as dont want to spend a grand getting us all done if zack wont pass, so fingers crossed that hes ok and plans can go ahead if not well we will c x

Hi Lesley,

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE BIRTH OF ZACK!

I wish you luck for Tuesday. If it has not healed your could always ask an immigration agent about the medicals. Lets see what happens.

Lucy xx

Massive congratulations, big boy too. Hopefully it will all be fine. Lots of people have a murmur and it is there, but requiring no intervention for him. Good luck, Donna x

Congrats on your new boy, I'm sure he'll be fine as nice and big and strong. Fingers crossed and keep us posted on what the docs say. :wink:

Hi everyone well we are in heathrow now at the hotel ready to fly at 11.30 Tom for our new life whoop whoop am I excited enervous hell yes but we're looking as its a whole new adventure so go for it . Been great reading all the posts on all the updates .

well guys I will Post when I can in Perth & let u know how the journey went good luck to you all and I will catch up with you soonest x

susan x x

Wow I remember saying 10 weeks to go, it felt like only a couple of weeks ago, time has really gone fast!!! It's my last day at work tomorrow, then I think I will be busy solid for 2 weeks packing up and seeing friends and family. This weekend I am out Friday, Sat & Sun. I am already getting bookings for next week! It's our leaving party next Saturday. Exciting times!

That ten weeks will be here in no time.

Lucy x

we go 10 weeks today yipeeeeeeeee

Good luck too all the Juner's who are on their way in the near future.

We will be going in the first week of June so only a few weeks to go. Just completed on our re-mortgage (buy to let) and we have found a tennant already (someone who my wife knows at the hospital). We are still going through a letting agency for our piece of mind.

We had a couple of quotes for shipping over the last week and are trying to decide which company to use (crown or mason's).

Everything seems to be slowly dropping into place but still lots to do.

Nick.

Guest canadiantooz

Hello Everyone,

I am pleased to advise that we have got our 176 visa finally after 10 months of wait. We are given the intial entry date of June 30. So getting excited for our new life in OZ. We are heading to Hobart around mid of June.

Can someone please confirm if we can travel on electronic visa grant letter without having visa label in our passports? We plan to get visa labels in passports from local DIAC office after landing in OZ as I have heard this is more convenient than carrying a letter.

Cheers!

Congratulations!!!!!!!! :jiggy:

Yes you can travel without the visa labels as it's all electronic on your passport. We had them put in anyhow as apparently it's easier to get your driving licence changed over, plus it was good to be able to see that golden ticket in the passport. If you are planning to have them put in maybe just do them before you leave as we sent them off and had them back within a week. It's a very fast service and save's you doing one job when you arrive.

Lucy x

Hello Everyone,

I am pleased to advise that we have got our 176 visa finally after 10 months of wait. We are given the intial entry date of June 30. So getting excited for our new life in OZ. We are heading to Hobart around mid of June.

Can someone please confirm if we can travel on electronic visa grant letter without having visa label in our passports? We plan to get visa labels in passports from local DIAC office after landing in OZ as I have heard this is more convenient than carrying a letter.

Cheers!