176 lodged June 2011 Gang

Guest lucyn

Hi matimage

Have you heard anything yet? I applied for 176 family sponsored on 26th June and hadn't heard anything. I emailed them yesterday and they responded this morning to say thanks for bringing it to their attention. I think that means they had lost it!

I would like to think they would rush it through now.

Good luck with yours

Lucy

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucy, keep us posted and I will do likewise.

i have a friend who applied 2 months before me and he has his visa. He said the first thing that happened was that all the files that said were marked required on the website were cleared. I keep checking everyday but all my files are all still required. how about you?

good luck.

M

Hi guys, not posted on this thread for a while so i thought i would give a quick update. Since being granted our visas last year my wife has been accepted by APHRA (6 weeks from start to finish). We had our house on the market for six months with only 1 potential buyer so we have now changed to a buy to let mortgage and we are going to rent it out for a while. I finished work last Friday (30th March) and my wife is handing in her 2 months notice tomorrow.

I have just got off the phone to Crown Relocations and John Mason who are both coming next week to give us quotes for relocation.

So, with any luck, we will be on our way in the next 10-12 weeks. Flights and arrival accomodation is next on my list.

Nick.

Well guys, 4 weeks today until we get on those one way flights to Perth. :jiggy: I am spending this Easter weekend clearing through the house. However, I plan to go to Warwick Races on Monday so it's not going to be a totally dull weekend. My partner is doing stuff to his car before we ship it to oz, him and his Dad spent this week respraying his car. He loves his car and it's cheaper to get stuff done this end. He's also getting a bit stressed as a couple things not going as planned with his car so shipping will likely be delayed for a couple of weeks yet (Men!):wink:.

It's free insertion fees on Ebay this weekend so I may pop a couple of things on there to sell, we are trying to take as little as possible. We don't really have much worth taking. Just the OH's car and maybe just a couple of boxes of personal things to go with the car in the container. We are not shipping any furniture etc...

I already handed in my notice Monday of last week. My boss was surprised, I think they were just expecting me to say I was going to another job. I handed in the notice for the house earlier this week to the letting agency so we will have people viewing soon which won't be fun but oh well. I also rang up a few household companies this week to give notice for things like our media package.

The other thing I need to sort is ordering some Ozzie decoration online for our leaving party in 3 weeks time.

Well that's us. There is likely loads of things I have not thought of which need doing! Last month I brought a magazine from Whsmith called Australia & NZ. At the back of each one there is a check list for those moving down under for things to do, so I can compare against that.

Take care all,

Lucy.

P.S. I AM MOVING TO AUSTRALIA:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Guest lucyn

Hi just to let you know I have finally received an email from a case officer. Yeah!

W applied for 176 family sponsor in June 2011. I thought they had forgotten about us.

I just need to upload the police documents and get our medicals booked.

I guess we need to start making some decisions about when and where?

Lucy

Yes! Got the email!

Got to sort out the meds and police checks now.

quick question: the detailed checklist states that they want the original police certificate. Do we pay for the police service to send it direct to them or do we send it or will a colour scan suffice?

Guest lucyn

Hi matimage

Great news about getting the email. I think scanned colour copies of the certificates, I uploaded them onto the website, but after re reading the email I think I will email them straight to the case officer. I booked medicals at Edinburgh, earliest was 20 th April.

Well done matimage!

Yes! Got the email!

Got to sort out the meds and police checks now.

quick question: the detailed checklist states that they want the original police certificate. Do we pay for the police service to send it direct to them or do we send it or will a colour scan suffice?

Thanks Lucy, police checks are being done atm and meds are booked for Wednesday. Can't wait! I can't believe your nearly flying out xxx

Your getting closer! I know....3 weeks on Saturday when we fly out!!! We can't wait! We are so excited. We can't wait to see the back of this country and start living our lives together in Oz. I wish you all the best and I can't wait to hear the good news when you get your visa's. xx

YAY......................we have accepted an offer on our house so all systems go now. Looking to arrive mid September !

Justin fantastic new soo pleased for u & your family , bloody brilliant news . Well me dears we have only 6 days left now until we fly excited & nervous but in a good way .well im off now as soo bloody tired will hopefully post before i leave .

TTFN

SUSAN X:biggrin:

Justin fantastic new soo pleased for u & your family , bloody brilliant news . Well me dears we have only 6 days left now until we fly excited & nervous but in a good way .well im off now as soo bloody tired will hopefully post before i leave .

TTFN

SUSAN X:biggrin:

Good luck Susan. I hope you have a safe flight. We fly in 2 weeks and 6 days! We are so excited. One more week left at work for me.:biggrin:

Lucy x

Just to add to the excitment, it is so amazing!!!!

Spent lunch today at Yanchep national park, cooking a bbq on the free bbqs, playing with my daughter, lovely weather.... Could go on and on!!!

Donna x x

So please you are loving it Donna. I hope everything is going well. It's great to see all us June gang members there or getting there, especially those who have been on the thread since the start. Have you found a longer term rental or anything? xxx