176 lodged June 2011 Gang

Hi guys hope you are all well!

Life in the Slimming industry has been mental the last two months the expression busy wee bee doesn't even come close!!!!!!!

we've booked our flights for June to validate our visa and are really looking forward to a month looking about and deciding where and when we will move over for good!

Still haven't had time to read the kelobs blog! Hoping tonight's the night! I have a glass of wine poured and an hour to myself

who will be in Perth in june? Would love to meet up!

I'll be checking on here more regularly and I've joined the pert poms thread too!

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend

louise xxxx

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi gang just wanting to know who you chose for your shipping and what a rough cost is starting to look now as we fly on the 28th of june and need to send it middle of may ish

Hi there well back on again we decided to go with doree bonner we had 5 companies all together with all fiiferent quotes..

In total we paid £3952 for sole use os the 20ft container, we also took out maritime insurance with them as we got 2% with them the others were coming in at 2.5% 3% so decided to go with same company. The difference with other companies was roughtly £160 but with dorree bonner so gave us 8 weeks free storage the other side which would help us out whilst looking for more permanent property.

The one who always comes out outstanding on here was jm but i judt like the guy he was in arush and just didnt seem interested didnt ask me any questions at all , didnt give me quote and was out the door , so basically lost our custom .. We sent our goods on the 28th Jan and eta is the 28th march so in hind site glad we sent early as the ship stopped at the same place for a cpl of weeks so journey was longer but its btr for us . we only have weeks left now we leave our qtr on the 30th march then fly to perth 2oth april really hitting home now :wideeyed:..

hope all is well with u all let me know how its all going

sue xxx

8th house viewing today by a proceedable buyer, 2 postive from the weekend at last except both were still unsold on theirs !

The clock is ticking and we just want to get sold so we can make plans..................aaaaarrrrgh !

Hi Justin,

hoz it all going were down to weeks now and counting i hope you have a buyer soon for your house , i can only imagine the stress as you need to sell . if not will you decide to rent it out instead . Plans we are still planing its like some things are last min .com i tell u dean & i have now finished work well deans big 4oth is nxt weeks so a civvie he will be lol .

Dean had been emailing lots of companies ref jobs some have replied but i think it looks like it will all have to be done when he gets there so we will see ah ..

Well be good to here how life is with you & your family

sue xx

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know my first impressions of Perth and how we are getting on. We arrived last Saturday, and we're picked up by the car hire company. They had a really large Mercedes car thing, with tons of space for luggage. Our hire car was in the garage of the short term rented house. My first impressions, was that the suburbs north of river in Perth were a lot larger than I had imagined. Over the first few days we met up with friends and drove around getting our bearings. On Tuesday we registered at Medicare, and husband met up for a job interview. Got some food shopping, and looked around Joondalup. There seems loads and loads of shops, supermarkets are fine.

We have bought a new car on Thursday, collect it from the dealer next week.

Everyone seems friendly in and around the place.

Have not looked into a job for me yet, will do it next week. Need to also sort out a school for my daughter too.

Went to Hilary's marina, it's very pretty, and you'd think you were on holiday.

Money doesn't last too long when using British pounds. Lunch for 2 adults and one child $50 dollars, but once we get wages in dollars am sure it will all be good. X

Hi Donna ,

glad to here all is going ok so perth is what u expected and even more ah , so are looking to sttle in nor suburbs then or are u leaving your options open ,who did you go with on car hite and pick up then sounds great service.We have only weeks left we fly on the 2oth April so its coming round quick . Would be nice to meet up when we get there you will be old pros by then lol , well look forward to hearing from you soon and to your nxt instalment

sue xx

Hi everyone, i applied for our 176 visa on the 9th june 2011. family sponsored. just wondering if any cat 4's around the same time have received a co yet? the allocation time table says 20th june 2011 but we haven't heard anything yet. Thanks!

Hi Justin,

hoz it all going were down to weeks now and counting i hope you have a buyer soon for your house , i can only imagine the stress as you need to sell . if not will you decide to rent it out instead . Plans we are still planing its like some things are last min .com i tell u dean & i have now finished work well deans big 4oth is nxt weeks so a civvie he will be lol .

Dean had been emailing lots of companies ref jobs some have replied but i think it looks like it will all have to be done when he gets there so we will see ah ..

Well be good to here how life is with you & your family

sue xx

Hi Sue,

Can't believe you're off soon, so jealous !

We have no choice but to sell, we are stuck here until we do so it's mega stressful !

Sounds like Dean has had similar responses to me from employers, just have to hang on until he can go see them in the flesh.

We are all good, recently had my boys 7th Birthday and have my youngest girls coming up in June (after mine in April !) - funny to think they will be the last UK birthday parties. Izzys' 9th birthday (end of August) could be in Disneyworld or Oz but we just don't know yet.

Hopefully we have found another good local cake maker to take on some of the July - September wedding cakes so freeing us up a bit to hopefully make plans.

The waiting is really getting to me now..............................will someone PLEASE buy our house ?!?!?!?!?:frown:

Justin x

Hi

We have been here a week and are loving what we have seen so far. We are staying just outside Fremantle in a holiday let, and are taking a couple of weeks to find our way round before we start looking for jobs. The weather has been beautiful and the beaches are stunning. We have a few house sits lined up over the coming months and a few gaps in between. It is a far cry from the stress leading up to leaving the uk, we left both of our cars unsold and the house not rented out (aaarggh) and we started early on all of these. I now have a tenant moving in on 26th March (thank god this was the biggest burden when you're not working). Hoping the cars will go soon, and if not we may look at importing at least one. Public transport is excellent and Perth has a good vibe. Shopping is expensive, particularly for fruit & veg, but meat seems really cheap. I can't wait to settle properly and buy a house!! The kelbos (Lisa & Lee) have been a massive help to us since we arrived too.

Sara & David

Hi everyone, i applied for our 176 visa on the 9th june 2011. family sponsored. just wondering if any cat 4's around the same time have received a co yet? the allocation time table says 20th june 2011 but we haven't heard anything yet. Thanks!

Hi You should have a co by now as all cat 4 applicants up to June 20th have been allocated. We are 30th June 2011 family sponsored and were allocated a co last week. Do you have an agent?? Or you should contact DIAC.

Hiya June Gang, just thought Id write a few lines to say how it's going here. Been here 16 days, but feels loads longer.

Secured a rental, and slept in it for the first time last night. It's a lovely house and so chuffed!

With regard to the rentals, the estate agents were saying around January it was 80 people to one house, but it has eased a bit apparently. New rentals seem to pop up every day or so.

What we gleaned, and used was a letter and prospectus from our house we sold saying we had a well presented house. We also printed out bank statements, showing we had the funds to pay for the house.

On the radio, and when asking estate agents it is common place to offer a little over the rent asking price, to help secure it.

We have only looked at north of the river. We looked at a lot of areas, and ended up deciding on Yanchep. It's the furthest north area, bar Twin rocks. It's lovely, but would not be for everyone. We are so chuffed with the area, but it requires a drive to any shops other than a local Iga.

We have done a lot of shopping to get set up in the rented house till our shipping comes. Kmart has everything you could need, so got loads from there.

Thought I had loads to write, but typing on my iPhone is causing writers block!

Husband and daughter both start back to work and school on monday. Think I'll be spending the next year trying to furnish and accessorise the house!! They are so much bigger!

Forgot to mention about delivery being great. We were in good guys buying big fridge, washing machine and tv, great deals, and delivered next day too.

Ask away if there are any little things, and in my short two weeks we might had tried it/ bought it. Another thing to say, been to a few super parks, yanchep national park. Tried out several beaches. Waves way more fierce than our Scottish beaches. All great so far. Harder more time consuming, getting phone and broadband! Several phone calls required. Also one last little thing. Our short term rental doesn't have broadband, and in hindsight would have been much easier with it.

Donna x

Hi, we phoned immigration as we have still not heard anything. They said the allocation timetable is only a rough guide and to basically ignore it. We were told we should get a co within 4-6 weeks so i'll let you know when we get one. Also they said we might not be told that we have a co, apparently they dont have to tell you until they need to contact you for meds etc. i did our application myself.

Edited by dazla80

Dazla80:

Well done! I emailed them and was told the same thing. I have a CO and was asked to be patient! Guess they're very busy but we are on tenterhooks to get our meds sorted!

u should find this thread useful & busy one, 176 Family Sponsored is CAT4 July 1st onwards

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/138985-new-cat-4-july-1st-2011-part-3-a-106.html

Edited by theworm

We found out because my husbands old work mate said immigration had been in contact with the company. Not sure what was said though, still good to know. Would be nice to hear something official! We just get told they're very busy because of a large amount of applicants around that time.