register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest pinkcera

document certification?

Guest pinkcera

Right, we have our application ready to go back to the agent tomorrow but I have just come back from an unhelpful meeting with the local police. The agent said that I could get a police officer to certify my documents, the local police say they wont do that........Any ideas please??

Also, I have to include 4 photos with the visa application, do these have to be signed individually, or can I just get one signed??

Have I missed anything out, I have copies of all birth certificates (full), copies of passports, copies of trade qualifications, copies of trade membership certificates and 4 photos per family member (there's 7 of us eek!) and the visa is a RSMS subclass 119.

Sorry to be asking questions, but I think I am going a little crazy today!!

thanks in advance

Right, we have our application ready to go back to the agent tomorrow but I have just come back from an unhelpful meeting with the local police. The agent said that I could get a police officer to certify my documents, the local police say they wont do that........Any ideas please??

Here you go - this should help:

http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/certification.html

Good luck with the app! :biggrin:

309 visa granted and moved to Adelaide from Brighton UK in 2012. 100 visa and PR granted 2013. Became a citizen on Australia Day 2017. 

Guest jamtart

We asked our local Justice of the Peace to certify our documents. He was more than happy to do it. Scotland has a list online so there must be one for England etc.

Guest LB2011

Also, I have to include 4 photos with the visa application, do these have to be signed individually, or can I just get one signed??

Have I missed anything out, I have copies of all birth certificates (full), copies of passports, copies of trade qualifications, copies of trade membership certificates and 4 photos per family member (there's 7 of us eek!) and the visa is a RSMS subclass 119.

Sorry to be asking questions, but I think I am going a little crazy today!!

thanks in advance

Hello,

We got a solictor to sign all our documnets. They charged £1 a document I think it was. You will have to check but we didnt have to get our pictures signed for the visa on the advice of our agent.

Laura

Hello

You can also send colour copies which do not need certified, much easier and cheaper :)

Guest pinkcera
Hello

You can also send colour copies which do not need certified, much easier and cheaper :)

Really?? The agent never mentioned that, the copies are all colour

Really?? The agent never mentioned that, the copies are all colour

Hi Pink, yes that is what we've done, it is on the immi site, really shocked with your agent, that is why you pay them, we did not use one so really had to search this wonderful site and sister site for info plus the immi site.

Good Luck, let me know how you get on

We have just recently purchased a colour scanner for a great price so defo worth it, saves you having to get someone to certify them :)

Guest popkins

Hi pinkcera,

I don't know if this helps but I had a parish councillor sign ours, another one to consider is the local health visitor.

We had a solicitor do ours. It cost £10 and they even had their own stamp to say it was a certified copy! Easy peasy.

Pos Skills Ass 7/2/11, TRA passed 28/3, NT SS applied 29/3, NT SS approved 31/3, 176 Visa lodged 14/4, CO 10/5, PCC's rec 18/5, meds done 27/5, VISA GRANT 6/6:biggrin: