Any advice/recommendations on movers used recently?

Guest Nicki Kefford

Guest Nicki Kefford

Although waiting for the house to sell, can anyone recommend movers/shippers and how much notice needed?

Got to get the ball rolling and live in hope!!!

Nicki :wubclub:

Guest Liz and Paul

Hi Nicki,

We put our house on the market in June and had 3 shipping companies come out to quote on a container (free assessments) there was £1000 difference between the highest and lowest quotes and a big difference in the handling and storage costs so I'm glad we had the three to compare. They also each gave different tips on what to take/what not to take/what needs to be cleaned. They are coming out in 2 weeks time to pack everything which will take them 2 days as they wrap and package every tiny thing. All the companies said they wanted about 4 weeks notice of date to collect. As we haven't got our visa yet they are storing our stuff in the UK before we tell them when to ship.

Its handy to know what you want to take before they come out, as they really come to look at the volume of items to ship, they will also advise you whether you need your own container or a shared one.

Hope this helps

Liz

• 6 years later...
Yep Nicki,

It's always best to find several companies and check out their quotes before finally sealing any deal with them. In any case, I see that this has been posted 7 years ago. I wonder if you were able to sell that house. I hope you are having a great time. Thanks!

It seems that the person you were addressing hasn't been on the site for a few years so are unlikely to respond - I am going to close this thread as it is like the information given and the people involved have moved on since posting

NWM

Archived