Nursing Student..trying To Gain Employment In Australia

Guest anilaloop

Guest anilaloop

Hello :smile: can anyone please help with this dilemma??

I am a student NURSE (General) due to qualify Feb 08 and want to gain my first employment in Australia. I have contacted a few agencys but they want at the least 12months experience. I am in an area that has no nursing jobs available and rather than the upheaval of moving my teenage son to another area to gain the experince, I wanted to just try for our dream first off. I am confused as I understood that Australia is crying out for Nurses but cannot seem to gain a position...without experience...can anyone offer any advice:cry: im at my wits end as only a matter of months until I qualify:err:.

Thankyou in advance.

Hi, im a nurse and off to perth with my daughter as soon as visas come through. I am getting sponsored through ramsay healthcare (they have aprrox 68 hospitals across australia) i emailed them direct and luckily they were doing interviews in london within the month (but they also do interviews over the phone) they also gave a good presentation about everything from living/working/getting there and they are taking on newly qualifieds-no experience necessary, it looks like they have a good programme for newly qualifieds too. (also better to go through them direct as you maybe eligible for more relocation assistance than if you go through a nursing recruitment agency!!) google ramsay healthcare and you should be able to find it.

Guest anilaloop

Hi Suzy, thannx for taking time to reply..ive been flapping all over the place with worry!!!. If you dont mind me asking...how will you cope with shifts if its just you and your daughter...I ask because I wont have family to help out with my teenage son if I should be so lucky as to get a post?

Hi, i have a friend who is coming out on a working holiday visa, which maybe extended to 2 years . I have already put my daughters name down on several nurseries i can find on the net but they have long waiting lists, so bit worried about that but my friend is always there as back up childcare till we are settled! And she has said she can take her to nursery etc if im at work. I know what you mean about lack of family/support network though as im wondering if ill ever have a night out again! Im hoping to work nights (pay looks good @ £28,000 and nursery fees are not good!!) but obviously wouldnt be able to do this after my friend leaves, unless i meet a nice young man to share a house with?? Have done all we can from this side and cant do much else till we get there now, will need to look for accom to rent once there, my friend will look for casual work-im hoping it will all fall into place??but still going grey from the worry. I figure the bigger the risk the greater the rewards!

Guest anilaloop
Hi, i have a friend who is coming out on a working holiday visa, which maybe extended to 2 years . I have already put my daughters name down on several nurseries i can find on the net but they have long waiting lists, so bit worried about that but my friend is always there as back up childcare till we are settled! And she has said she can take her to nursery etc if im at work. I know what you mean about lack of family/support network though as im wondering if ill ever have a night out again! Im hoping to work nights (pay looks good @ £28,000 and nursery fees are not good!!) but obviously wouldnt be able to do this after my friend leaves, unless i meet a nice young man to share a house with?? Have done all we can from this side and cant do much else till we get there now, will need to look for accom to rent once there, my friend will look for casual work-im hoping it will all fall into place??but still going grey from the worry. I figure the bigger the risk the greater the rewards!

Well you sound like you are sorted..and the grey hair im sure willmake you appear wise hehe. I really hope that all goes well for you and your daughter...keep in touch and takecare x

Archived