176 lodged May 2011 Gang

Guest tarchik
hi katie

our time line

Positive skills test sep 2010, applied ss 27th march 2011, granted 7th april 2011, 176 subclass visa apllied for 13th May, Case officer 27th may 2011, medicals booked for 1st July 2011

Looks like our visas were lodged on the same day. When you check your documents checklist on DIAC, what does it say? Mine still says 'required' for everything. I do not know whether we have a CO yet, the agent has not said anything yet.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest summerbabe69

My Hubby and I are hoping to start the migration process. However, we are in need of some advice. What is the best way to do it, on your own or using a migration expert?

My Hubby and I are hoping to start the migration process. However, we are in need of some advice. What is the best way to do it, on your own or using a migration expert?

We used an agent but after talking to people on here and getting to know your way around, we could have done it without and saved a lot of money.

julie

Hi summerbabe

we did the whole process on our own and although at the start of the process the whole thing seemed very daunting and confusing, once you sit down and go through it and get your head around the information tey are after its quit straight foreward and the money you save can always go towards flights etc

Guest Vleighw

We did it all ourselves and the hardest part was working out which type of visa we should go for (currently in Vic on a 457 that expires soon). Once we worked that out, it was pretty straightforward working our way through the steps (skills assessment and Vic sponsorship first, then visa application). Good luck!

Guest morris75

we did it ourself too, its actually quite easy after researching and gettin your head around what you do, saves a lot of money too. Everyone who has been allocated a CO, what does it say on your documents required? Ours still says required for things like passport pics, passport, birth certificates etc, ours still says required but we have lodged all the relevant documents and do not have caseofficer as of yet only lodged 27/05/11

Hi guys

A new week for us all & hopefully some case officers for you.

Just to update we had medicals on saturday & they were really sraight forward apart from our tattos being put down as abnormal so think this may mean they will get refered. im sooooo glad there out the way now, been told they should be signed off by the doctor next week so just waiting for police checks to come back & then we play the waiting game......

Guest annerichard

We have used an agent as it is the easiest thing for us, but everyone is different.

Good luck with what you decide.

Anne

Guest annerichard
Hi guys

A new week for us all & hopefully some case officers for you.

Just to update we had medicals on saturday & they were really sraight forward apart from our tattos being put down as abnormal so think this may mean they will get refered. im sooooo glad there out the way now, been told they should be signed off by the doctor next week so just waiting for police checks to come back & then we play the waiting game......

So how long do you have to wait for the results for both medical and Police checks?

Cheers

Anne

Guest Natalie1981

Hi Clare,

We've been looking at near Berwick or over by point cook, cant really decide! Its so difficult from over here! So i think we will just rent for a while when we get there (prob right near melbourne cbd) then investigate the areas.

Congratulations Helen on getting a CO. Good for you. Still waiting for a CO, hopefully not for long.

Thanks, I am sure you will hear soon, they sent our email through the night, still in shock :)

Congratulations Helen on getting a CO. Good for you. Still waiting for a CO, hopefully not for long.

Congratulations!! So they are taking about 3 weeks now. I guess they will get more and more busy up to the end of the month with the changes coming in and people losing points if they don't submit. It doesn't stop me logging in to check even though I know there will be nothing different to look at!

Congratulations!! So they are taking about 3 weeks now. I guess they will get more and more busy up to the end of the month with the changes coming in and people losing points if they don't submit. It doesn't stop me logging in to check even though I know there will be nothing different to look at!

Hi, I think so, our status has now changed now also on the site, and no harm looking :wink: then they send you the email confirming CO and team number,

Guest lexylou

CONGRATULATIONS Helena, that's fantastic news. I'll let you know how our meds get on on 27th June in Edinburgh.

Guest summerbabe69

Hi,

My hubby and I are thinking about applying for a 176 visa. I have noticed a lot of posts regarding the 176 Visa application. What agents are you using? We have no clue what to do or how to do it lol.

We are very confused.com lol :confused:

Hi,

My hubby and I are thinking about applying for a 176 visa. I have noticed a lot of posts regarding the 176 Visa application. What agents are you using? We have no clue what to do or how to do it lol.

Hi

We did not use an agent, but got some very useful advice from GO MATILDA, who were very helpful in giving advice before you decided. Don't get me wrong the process is hectic, but if you have the time try do it yourself as there is sooooo many useful threads on this site that should help you :)

Hi,

We used an agent but to be honest, I could of just come on here to ask the questions we needed answering. We then had a medical issue after we'd started the process and ended up seeking advice from a medical expert too! It all works out expensive paying for advice. Have you looked on the DIAC website for info?

Guest katie0499
Hello all, got our CO this morn :swoon::jiggy: soooo pleased :biggrin:

Good news, I still dont have a CO and I applied before you :(

did you confirm beforehand to DIAC if they received the Form 1100 from WA?

Guest morris75

I did not ask DIAC about recieving that form about ss, i recieved an email from ss saying they will be in touch with DIAC, take it you do not need to do anything and they will do it automatically???? Also does anything change on your log in screen using your TRN number to track before you are allocated a case officer or does stay the same until you have been given a CO? So exiciting

Good news, I still dont have a CO and I applied before you :(

did you confirm beforehand to DIAC if they received the Form 1100 from WA?

Hi Katie

Thanks, no did not have to do that as it was all done by them, they just confirmed it in an e-mail, so did not have to chase it up. Then another e-mail yesterday confirming CO and Team :) it really is happening so quick for us :swoon: we are so delighted :smile:

Guest morris75

Helena

This is getting me so excitied reading all your comments, keep checking emails every 5 mins ha ha. Did anything change on your log in page on DIAC b4 CO? :)