176 lodged May 2011 Gang

Congratulations to cjdrum & vleighw, looks like another great start to the week.

As of this morning my sons medical is all done, think we were luck as only took a week in the end from being referred. Have had to call about my police check today as it never arrived in sydney and have had to wait 26 days before they will send another out. Would be great if we had some good news by the weekend.

Brill news on the medicals :yes: so quick :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Linsey, how exciting for you all but shame about Singapore airlines althgough glad it worked out for you in the end. I have emailed them a 2 page letter of complaint so who knows if they will even respond. We are really fortunate as we have a friend in Perth and we are going to stay with her and her OH for around 4 weeks when we arrive. We are renting our house here and will move out 4 weeks before we leave for Perth and will stay with my sister. So in total that is 8 weeks so hopefully our furniture will have arrived by then. Who am I kidding nothing ever works out as smoothly as that but that is the plan anyway lol.

My friend from Perth is home on holiday just now and stayed with me the other day so you can imagine her eas were burning with all our questions. She advises to take as much as you can squeeze into the container e.g. beds, bedding, towels, plates cutlery, furniture etc. She also said to bring our winter clothes boots, jackets etc. because it does get cold in the winter there. She also mentioned to bring factor 50 suncream for the wee ones as it is difficult to source there and also lots of piriton for prickly heat. I am going to start organising shipping quotes so I will keep you posted. Check on Perths in Poms for rentals. Let me know how you are getting on.

Gillian:biggrin:

Hi there Gillian. Thank you so much for this. Sent email off for vacancies in perth........ What a ngtmare eh!!! Didn't realise this part was gonna b tough as well....... My poor heart!!!

This time nxt yr!! Can't wait :)

What a wk we hav had. We hav fin bked r flight in Oct (Singapore airlines) O/H family hav gone bonkers fallen out wi us Sayin we r leavin because we don't care ( they hav known for years) anyway Singapore airlines by email have been much better than calling. We hav been asked t scan our visa and send it t them t waiver our luggage t 40k.

Hav had a few wobbles ie r we really doin t rgt thing etc!! Our house 'for sale sign' went up today, it's such a strange feeling. But Im over the moon. Yipeeeee.

Pickfords removal company hav jus been and quote is fab! £2800 for a 'groupie' means a shared container. This can take 10-14 wks.... Which is a shock!! Trying t arrange furnished propertiesin Perth is a bit tricky as they can b v pricey. Looks like we r sleeping on airbeds for sometime t save cash!!! So another 4 companies to go!! Can't believe this is happening.

Great news on the Visa's guys, Medicals being passed and CO's our gang is nearly there. Soooo pleased for u all.

Hope u hear something soon Anitk wishing u hear this wk my darling I know it's tough.

Lol best wishes to you all

Linsey xxxx

Hi there Gillian. Thank you so much for this. Sent email off for vacancies in perth........ What a ngtmare eh!!! Didn't realise this part was gonna b tough as well....... My poor heart!!!

This time nxt yr!! Can't wait :)

What a wk we hav had. We hav fin bked r flight in Oct (Singapore airlines) O/H family hav gone bonkers fallen out wi us Sayin we r leavin because we don't care ( they hav known for years) anyway Singapore airlines by email have been much better than calling. We hav been asked t scan our visa and send it t them t waiver our luggage t 40k.

Hav had a few wobbles ie r we really doin t rgt thing etc!! Our house 'for sale sign' went up today, it's such a strange feeling. But Im over the moon. Yipeeeee.

Pickfords removal company hav jus been and quote is fab! £2800 for a 'groupie' means a shared container. This can take 10-14 wks.... Which is a shock!! Trying t arrange furnished propertiesin Perth is a bit tricky as they can b v pricey. Looks like we r sleeping on airbeds for sometime t save cash!!! So another 4 companies to go!! Can't believe this is happening.

Great news on the Visa's guys, Medicals being passed and CO's our gang is nearly there. Soooo pleased for u all.

Hope u hear something soon Anitk wishing u hear this wk my darling I know it's tough.

Lol best wishes to you all

Linsey xxxx

Hey Linsey

Glad your getting your plans in place for the big move!!!! Good luck with the house sale - we have an offer on our today (a v checky one but EA did say it was an 'opening' offer :biglaugh:) hopefully they will come back with a decent one tho coz they are going to rent it out so potentialy we could stay in it til we go which would be easier.

Good luck with the job hunt too - sounds like the work def doesn't stop when the visa is granted - LOL :swoon:

Big :hug::hug::hug:

Est

Hey Linsey

Glad your getting your plans in place for the big move!!!! Good luck with the house sale - we have an offer on our today (a v checky one but EA did say it was an 'opening' offer :biglaugh:) hopefully they will come back with a decent one tho coz they are going to rent it out so potentialy we could stay in it til we go which would be easier.

Good luck with the job hunt too - sounds like the work def doesn't stop when the visa is granted - LOL :swoon:

Big :hug::hug::hug:

Est

Hey Est g8t t hear from u. Yeah it's been bonkers here alright. As soon as that visa is granted we r off. Feel so sorry for my hubby as he is getting some grief from his fam poor thing that's defo not easy on him.

Soooo pleased uv got a offer wow!! Don't think we Wil although people hav been walkin past lookin at it!! Think we r goin t rent it out also an wait for the price.

Best of luck Est and please keep in touch I miss u guys!!! Funny really wen we haven't met.

Hope work is goin ok for u not long til crimbo now then the fun really kicks off...... I'm totally knackered but couldn't b happier

Big hugs Lins xxxxx

Hey Est g8t t hear from u. Yeah it's been bonkers here alright. As soon as that visa is granted we r off. Feel so sorry for my hubby as he is getting some grief from his fam poor thing that's defo not easy on him.

Soooo pleased uv got a offer wow!! Don't think we Wil although people hav been walkin past lookin at it!! Think we r goin t rent it out also an wait for the price.

Best of luck Est and please keep in touch I miss u guys!!! Funny really wen we haven't met.

Hope work is goin ok for u not long til crimbo now then the fun really kicks off...... I'm totally knackered but couldn't b happier

Big hugs Lins xxxxx

Its definately not easy when your family give you grief - each time we get a step closer everyone gets upset again - but you've gotta do what is best for your own little family - and I think everyone on these thread is pretty sure Oz is that place :laugh::laugh::laugh: give your hubby a big :hug: its not long to go now

Work was ok - for the 3 days I was there - got 6 weeks off now :cute: thats working in a school for ya :wink:

Def keep in touch xxxx

Its definately not easy when your family give you grief - each time we get a step closer everyone gets upset again - but you've gotta do what is best for your own little family - and I think everyone on these thread is pretty sure Oz is that place :laugh::laugh::laugh: give your hubby a big :hug: its not long to go now

Work was ok - for the 3 days I was there - got 6 weeks off now :cute: thats working in a school for ya :wink:

Def keep in touch xxxx

Thanks Est. Hubby happy as we r havin a curry tonight. Says thank u Est xxx It's his bday 2day...... No cards from fam.... Oh well we r thinking how fab crimbo Wil b in OZ!! Wicked!!

Enjoy ur rest. Kids hols wen trying t sell a hse.... Madness or Wat!!

Lol Est catch up soon xxxx

Yipeeeeeee, we got it! This morning :) I'm sooooooo happy.

Like the June applicants, I was not in you gang, however I have been watching, posting and sharing, seemed like I was the only April applicant and a thread on my own would of been lonely . Thank you everyone and good luck. I'm so happy, I'm crying... Love yoyo xxx

Like the June applicants, I was not in you gang, however I have been watching, posting and sharing, seemed like I was the only April applicant and a thread on my own would of been lonely . Thank you everyone and good luck. I'm so happy, I'm crying... Love yoyo xxx[/quote

Congratulations!!! That's wonderful news, best of luck with your plans.

Clare x

Like the June applicants, I was not in you gang, however I have been watching, posting and sharing, seemed like I was the only April applicant and a thread on my own would of been lonely . Thank you everyone and good luck. I'm so happy, I'm crying... Love yoyo xxx

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That's fantastic news! Have a great day celebrating!

Congrats to everyone else that got their visas since I last posted too.

Linsey, it's great to read about what you are doing and all your info and plans. I'm sure your advice will come in handy if we ever get our visa! Sorry to hear your husband's family are being like that - I guess you never know how they will react when you tell them you are emigrating. I expect my in-laws aren't going to be over the moon either, and my poor nan who can't fly. I expect they will come around to the idea and eventually realise that it's what's best for your family to have a great future!

Our boys meds are still not merged to our case despite DIAC saying it will take a few days - it's been 8 days, which feels like forever right now. Everything else is 'met' and has been for ages, so getting quite fed up now. I just want to sleep at night and not have to wake up and keep checking my phone! I am wondering if they are lost after all. The thing is, they were done in April, so we've lost 3 months off the year you get to go already.

Fingers crossed for some more good news for the May gang this morning and this week :-)

Guest bowow2011

Congratulations Yoyo!!!!! Fantastic news, wishing you all the very best for the future, have fun celebrating xxxx

Guest LB2011

Congratulations :smile:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That's fantastic news! Have a great day celebrating!

Congrats to everyone else that got their visas since I last posted too.

Linsey, it's great to read about what you are doing and all your info and plans. I'm sure your advice will come in handy if we ever get our visa! Sorry to hear your husband's family are being like that - I guess you never know how they will react when you tell them you are emigrating. I expect my in-laws aren't going to be over the moon either, and my poor nan who can't fly. I expect they will come around to the idea and eventually realise that it's what's best for your family to have a great future!

Our boys meds are still not merged to our case despite DIAC saying it will take a few days - it's been 8 days, which feels like forever right now. Everything else is 'met' and has been for ages, so getting quite fed up now. I just want to sleep at night and not have to wake up and keep checking my phone! I am wondering if they are lost after all. The thing is, they were done in April, so we've lost 3 months off the year you get to go already.

Fingers crossed for some more good news for the May gang this morning and this week :-)

Hi there Sarah. Thanks for your reply. Great t hear from you xxx yeah re family some people r lucky an some are not so. My family hav been great gonna miss us al.

I can't believe ur meds r not met yet! I know it's really tough is there anyway of calling them t check why? Sorry if u hav done that already... I think ur doin really well. I was goin out of my mind this time two wks ago!! Me an oh defo think we moved ours further up by calling t check. I Hav t say the waitin for t visa is dreadful. Please hang in there Sarah ur nearly there I truly hope it's this wk is ur wk u sooo deserve it.

Keep in touch

Lins xxx

Hi there Sarah. Thanks for your reply. Great t hear from you xxx yeah re family some people r lucky an some are not so. My family hav been great gonna miss us al.

I can't believe ur meds r not met yet! I know it's really tough is there anyway of calling them t check why? Sorry if u hav done that already... I think ur doin really well. I was goin out of my mind this time two wks ago!! Me an oh defo think we moved ours further up by calling t check. I Hav t say the waitin for t visa is dreadful. Please hang in there Sarah ur nearly there I truly hope it's this wk is ur wk u sooo deserve it.

Keep in touch

Lins xxx

Thanks Linsey, really hope you are right and we get it this week. Our agent has emailed them this morning, so fingers crossed. The boys meds show as requested on one page and met on the other. I think they forgot about us! I'm impatient but just want to know what we are doing and can't wait to get the house on the market!

Did you say you'd booked your flights already? How much stuff can you put in the shared container? I think we may send a car but not that much furniture. I'll miss our bunny rabbits - I've not seen anyone sending rabbits on here. Actually, I'll miss them more than certain people, lol.

Thanks Est. Hubby happy as we r havin a curry tonight. Says thank u Est xxx It's his bday 2day...... No cards from fam.... Oh well we r thinking how fab crimbo Wil b in OZ!! Wicked!!

Enjoy ur rest. Kids hols wen trying t sell a hse.... Madness or Wat!!

Lol Est catch up soon xxxx

Hope Oh had a lovely bday - sounds alot like my OH happy with a curry for his bday LOL :cute:

Shame about his family but still if they don't come round you'll have a fab christmas in Oz - barbie on the beach????

We agreed a sale for our house today and got a bonus in that they are buying to let so have given us a fantastic discounted rate for 6 months which should see us pretty much through to when we go to Oz - hopefully I'm counting too many chicken here still got to get that visa!!! other wise we'll be homeless in February :huh:

Est

Thanks Linsey, really hope you are right and we get it this week. Our agent has emailed them this morning, so fingers crossed. The boys meds show as requested on one page and met on the other. I think they forgot about us! I'm impatient but just want to know what we are doing and can't wait to get the house on the market!

Did you say you'd booked your flights already? How much stuff can you put in the shared container? I think we may send a car but not that much furniture. I'll miss our bunny rabbits - I've not seen anyone sending rabbits on here. Actually, I'll miss them more than certain people, lol.

Gosh this is a tricky one alright. In it?!?!? Our agents were great we Cldnt fault them but wen it came t chasing up DIAC they sat on t fence. I'm normally quite a patient person as I work wi kids but al this emigrating/waiting for a CO drove me nuts.

I really admire ur patience Sarah ur doin so Wel. Keep goin hun ur nearly there. Let me know wat ur agents says 2morrow. Hav u asked bout calling them.

Whoops didn't answer ur question bout flights. Yes we booked wi Singapore airports they r fab. Also re container our shared container is looking at £2800 for a 700cubic feet at the min wi pickfords.

Poor Honey&Timmy v glad we didn't get any pets phewwww I'm defo a sucker for animals love them. I can imagine how u feel. Can u not ask pickfords or who u go with,how much it wld b t take them? Also money mayb an issue etc. Jus a thought. I know people who took dogs an they went in quarantine for 6wks roughly. I know Wat u mean bout people spot on wouldn't miss a few of them that's for sure!!!

Big hugs pls let me know if I can help in any way

Lol

Lins xxx

Hope Oh had a lovely bday - sounds alot like my OH happy with a curry for his bday LOL :cute:

Shame about his family but still if they don't come round you'll have a fab christmas in Oz - barbie on the beach????

We agreed a sale for our house today and got a bonus in that they are buying to let so have given us a fantastic discounted rate for 6 months which should see us pretty much through to when we go to Oz - hopefully I'm counting too many chicken here still got to get that visa!!! other wise we'll be homeless in February :huh:

Est

Wow wow wow!!! Amazing fantastic Supa!!! Chuffed t bit Est. Well done!! Bet ur ovr t moon. All that painting certainly paid off good girl. Wld sooo love that.

Now for that visa...... Yippee!!!

Good luck wi meds Est xxx

Guest boots

Many congrats to Papasmurf, yoyo333, cjdrum and anyone else who has received their visas!!! Enjoy all your celebrations xxx

Becks & Boots x

Congrats yoyo, you must be thrilled :)

Hiya ,

Yes I am over the moon, Sorry nudge from OH, WE are over the moon lol. We started Jan 09 and committed to an agent (hindsight would of done it myself) in June 09 2 years and 1 month later the champers is flowing :) xx

Hi Linsey, thanks for your reply. Not heard from our agent yet today and nothing has changed online. Slept better last night after falling asleep listening to Paul Mckenna hypnosis CD! Haha!

Wow! So have you booked your flights before selling your house? It must be nice to have them booked and know when you are going - how exciting! Everyone seems to be using Singapore Airlines, they must be good!

Not sure it would be fair to bring my rabbits as they get terrified of the lawnmower, can't imagine the stress of travelling for them. I think Perth might be too hot in the summer for them too. I'll look into though before deciding. Hoping my brother will have them otherwise.

Good luck with all your planning - great to hear how you are doing! Xx

Hiya ,

Yes I am over the moon, Sorry nudge from OH, WE are over the moon lol. We started Jan 09 and committed to an agent (hindsight would of done it myself) in June 09 2 years and 1 month later the champers is flowing :) xx

Hope you had a good night celebrating, yoyo! When and where do you plan to go? It must be a great feeling after 2 years and 1 month of planning! X

Guest annerichard

:arghh:.......Please can anyone help us we are having issues with the medical centre that we used and we are stuck in the middle. :sad:

We all went for our medicals on the same day 15/7/11 but we are all finalised :wink: apart from our son the E-health tracking system is saying that they are still awaiting all of his health requirements :frown:. We have spoken to the clinic are saying that all the info has left them as they are unable to re enter our med checks on line, we then spoke to our agent and he sent an e-mail to the DIAC and our C/O they have both sent back emails stating that the have not received our sons medical info. The clinic are saying that they have sent them all.

Sorry about the moan but we are getting really frustrated we just want the GOLDEN TICKET!! :laugh: