176 lodged May 2011 Gang

Hi May gang,

Well thats us booked our flights with Singapore airlines and we fly out on 14th September and we are all very very excited. Had a bit of a nightmare with the airlines call centre staff but eventually got there in the end and got a smashing deal. Also got our 40kg baggage allowance just need to check connecting BA internal flights gives us the same. Next on the list is to arrange shipping quotes.

Gillian

Hi Gillian

WOW no wonder your excited, just to let you know there is a thread quite near the start where some kind person has put a list of about 8 quotes from lots of shipping companies so make sure to check that out, hope it helps :)

Hi thread is called shipping costs from top 8 companies methinks :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a VISA !!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: am in shock only had meds last thurs, we have had such an emotional day as my son left primary school so i

let him have his day so this info is burning a hole and almost feels if I tell someone it's all really real, sorry babbling on good luck to all waiting hopefully not long now xxx

Congratulations, bet it's a nice feeling, we have our meds at the beginning of August :unsure:

Guest papasmurf

Had medicals weds just checked on line all been recieved and finalised........! Just waiting for Visa grant come on c/o put some overtime in lol

Hi May gang,

Well thats us booked our flights with Singapore airlines and we fly out on 14th September and we are all very very excited. Had a bit of a nightmare with the airlines call centre staff but eventually got there in the end and got a smashing deal. Also got our 40kg baggage allowance just need to check connecting BA internal flights gives us the same. Next on the list is to arrange shipping quotes.

Gillian

Hey Gillian,

How exciting for you, I just want to wish you all the luck in the world for the new journey ahead. :jiggy:

I'm sure i'll be in touch for some advice when we're ready to go.

Take care and keep in touch

Clare x

Guest sjmmdm

Hi HelenaOz2B

It's quite a surreal feeling, the meds really are fine we went to maidenhead and they were lovely people.I know it's been mentioned before but especially the women take on plenty of water it took me a couple of bottles of water while I was there, but they were very patient and gave me a few goes and got it right in the end or else it has to go the lab which costs and delays a few more days.

Hi HelenaOz2B

It's quite a surreal feeling, the meds really are fine we went to maidenhead and they were lovely people.I know it's been mentioned before but especially the women take on plenty of water it took me a couple of bottles of water while I was there, but they were very patient and gave me a few goes and got it right in the end or else it has to go the lab which costs and delays a few more days.

Hya, off to Maidenhead ourselves soon, so thanks for the advice, appt is in the afternoon, so yes we will be drinking lots of lovely water :laugh:

Guest lexylou
Morning may gang!! Great news on everyone wi visas. Dont think it's long now for a few of u.

We had t same problem wi Singapore airlines yesterday. I called them an he said we wld only get 20kilos an I mentioned we were emigrating an heard bout 40kilos etc he put t phone down on me......... Cheeky chap!!! So I emailed an got a v nice response sayin we wld get 40k on a 176PR We r flying t Perth on the 19th Oct. It's been quite stressful trying t find somewhere t live. Any suggestions wld b great. Also how r u al Workin it wi ur furniture as sm hav said 10-14 wks t get there??

Any help wld b great.

Hope u all r ok best of luck wi al ur plans. It truly is t best feeling lol Linsey xxx

Hi Linsey, how exciting for you all but shame about Singapore airlines althgough glad it worked out for you in the end. I have emailed them a 2 page letter of complaint so who knows if they will even respond. We are really fortunate as we have a friend in Perth and we are going to stay with her and her OH for around 4 weeks when we arrive. We are renting our house here and will move out 4 weeks before we leave for Perth and will stay with my sister. So in total that is 8 weeks so hopefully our furniture will have arrived by then. Who am I kidding nothing ever works out as smoothly as that but that is the plan anyway lol.

My friend from Perth is home on holiday just now and stayed with me the other day so you can imagine her eas were burning with all our questions. She advises to take as much as you can squeeze into the container e.g. beds, bedding, towels, plates cutlery, furniture etc. She also said to bring our winter clothes boots, jackets etc. because it does get cold in the winter there. She also mentioned to bring factor 50 suncream for the wee ones as it is difficult to source there and also lots of piriton for prickly heat. I am going to start organising shipping quotes so I will keep you posted. Check on Perths in Poms for rentals. Let me know how you are getting on.

Gillian:biggrin:

Guest lexylou
Hi Gillian

WOW no wonder your excited, just to let you know there is a thread quite near the start where some kind person has put a list of about 8 quotes from lots of shipping companies so make sure to check that out, hope it helps :)

Hi thread is called shipping costs from top 8 companies methinks :)

Hi Helena, lovely to hear from you and hope your are well. Thanks for the info and I will defo have a look for the thread. Yes it is all go at this end and starting to feel a wee tad stressed lol (just over 7 weeks to go). Do you know I say the date often to people but it still hasn't sunken in yet. Will keep you posted.

Gillian

Guest lexylou
Hey Gillian,

How exciting for you, I just want to wish you all the luck in the world for the new journey ahead. :jiggy:

I'm sure i'll be in touch for some advice when we're ready to go.

Take care and keep in touch

Clare x

Hi Clare, it's so lovely to hear from you and I hope you are well. I will defo keep in touch and share our journey (highs and lows). I have just replied to Linsey which might be helpful to you. Trying to arrange shipping quotes at the mo so will defo keep you posted. I've been on annual leave for the past two weeks and I am returning to work on Tuesday to hand my resignation in. I am really not looking forward to this but at the end of the day I am only a number and the management have offloaded some pretty difficult pieces or work onto me lately and not giving a sh**t. Anyway will defo speak soon.

Gillian:hug:

Guest rex123
Any one here still without a CO...?????:sad:

Hi anitk,

Did u confirm with DIAC about recieval of your form 1100?

Papr based or online application?

Rex

Guest girlinOZ
Hi Clare, it's so lovely to hear from you and I hope you are well. I will defo keep in touch and share our journey (highs and lows). I have just replied to Linsey which might be helpful to you. Trying to arrange shipping quotes at the mo so will defo keep you posted. I've been on annual leave for the past two weeks and I am returning to work on Tuesday to hand my resignation in. I am really not looking forward to this but at the end of the day I am only a number and the management have offloaded some pretty difficult pieces or work onto me lately and not giving a sh**t. Anyway will defo speak soon.

Gillian:hug:

Hey there Gillian,

The best to you! I handed in my resignation a few weeks ago and just recently finished my last day! it was a very good feeling! they will miss us when we are gone, eh? Just 3 DAYS until I leave with my b/f to head to Townsville, QLD. we will be meeting up with steveinoz and his family as they are moving there too. I am very excited and somewhat nervous too. The hospital there that is hiring me has been nothing but helpful and kind. They are putting me up in a nice modern apt nearby for 3 weeks while i look for a car.

take care and good luck! girlinOZ

Guest Anitk
Hi anitk,

Did u confirm with DIAC about recieval of your form 1100?

Papr based or online application?

Rex

Yes they have recieved my form 1100

i applied online on may 26

Thanks

Hi Helena, lovely to hear from you and hope your are well. Thanks for the info and I will defo have a look for the thread. Yes it is all go at this end and starting to feel a wee tad stressed lol (just over 7 weeks to go). Do you know I say the date often to people but it still hasn't sunken in yet. Will keep you posted.

Gillian

Hi Gillian, we are all well, have meds at the beginning of August so really need to be :laugh: dreading them though :unsure: You are allowed to feel stressed with all that is going on :swoon: yes keep us all posted how things are going :)

Medicals finalised!!!! Omg, I was just watching top gear and thought I'd have a quick look online and see if anything had changed and.... Bingo 25 Jul my medical status has now changed to 'finalised'. It's taken just over 3 weeks from being referred. Fantastic news for a Sunday night :)

Guest annerichard

Hi All

Just checked mine and all is referred except the first one that says medical finialised....Dont know whether this is good or not....Can anyone help me out...

Guest bowow2011
Medicals finalised!!!! Omg, I was just watching top gear and thought I'd have a quick look online and see if anything had changed and.... Bingo 25 Jul my medical status has now changed to 'finalised'. It's taken just over 3 weeks from being referred. Fantastic news for a Sunday night :)

Fab news Yoyo!!!!!! You should have your visa tomorrow good luck really hope tomo is your day x

Hi All

Just checked mine and all is referred except the first one that says medical finialised....Dont know whether this is good or not....Can anyone help me out...

Hi,

It's good news for the first one as that it done and dusted. For the remainder, unfortunately it's a bit of a wait. Referral could be only a couple of days or like mine, just over 3 weeks. Good luck

Guest Vleighw

Just got the email I have been waiting for - CO appointed! I am beyond excited and releived at the same time!!

Medicals are all finalised and just waiting for my UK police certificate (OH received so hopefully mine is in the post!)

Guest Vleighw

I applied on the 28th May and just got my CO today

Yes they have recieved my form 1100

i applied online on may 26

Thanks

Guest Vleighw

And it is done - CO email at lunchtime today, uploaded police checks this afternoon and sure enough - visa "pregrant" letter - aka go on holiday to Fiji, get passport stamped and I am done

Can't believe after stressing so much it is now done

Guest LB2011

Congratulations to cjdrum & vleighw, looks like another great start to the week.

As of this morning my sons medical is all done, think we were luck as only took a week in the end from being referred. Have had to call about my police check today as it never arrived in sydney and have had to wait 26 days before they will send another out. Would be great if we had some good news by the weekend.

Guest papasmurf

Congratulations to ya on getting your Visa.............. EEEE BY BLOOMING ECK i CANT BELIEVE IT WE GOT OURS TODAY TOO over the blinking moon.