176 lodged May 2011 Gang

Guest LB2011

We are nearly there but am getting the feeling of "so near and yet so far " lol. My police check has been lost in the post and cant ask for a new one to be sent out until Monday as have to wait 26 days!!!!!. Our medicals were finalised today, all except my sons which has been refered. I think i remember seeing that some of the may gang have had medicals refered in the past, does anyone have any idea what happens next or how long we wait or is that like asking how long is a piece of string lol.

He has a heart murmur, he had an echo done when he was a few months old and all ok, they think it will probably close as he gets older and they have included a letter to say this. I knew it would be refered but am nervous now that I can see it has.

Laura

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Natalie1981
Congratulations Natalie, we got ours too this morning great feeling isn't it :0) xxxx

It is a great feeling! Although its still not sunk in! Congrats to you too! We opened the champagne too! (well hubby had beer !) Just got to sell the house now!

Congrats to everyone else! They do seem to be going through quickly now! x

Guest tarchik
We are nearly there but am getting the feeling of "so near and yet so far " lol. My police check has been lost in the post and cant ask for a new one to be sent out until Monday as have to wait 26 days!!!!!. Our medicals were finalised today, all except my sons which has been refered. I think i remember seeing that some of the may gang have had medicals refered in the past, does anyone have any idea what happens next or how long we wait or is that like asking how long is a piece of string lol.

He has a heart murmur, he had an echo done when he was a few months old and all ok, they think it will probably close as he gets older and they have included a letter to say this. I knew it would be refered but am nervous now that I can see it has.

Laura

Hi Laura. All our meds ( mine, OH's and 5 year old daughter's) were referred on 30 June and we are still waiting. Other PIO members seem to have had better luck. So it is difficult to estimate a timeframe for referred meds. Good luck though

Guest LB2011
Hi Laura. All our meds ( mine, OH's and 5 year old daughter's) were referred on 30 June and we are still waiting. Other PIO members seem to have had better luck. So it is difficult to estimate a timeframe for referred meds. Good luck though

Hi Tarchik,

Thank you for replying. I have been having a look at other posts and there really is no way of telling is there!!!!. Good luck with yours and fingers crossed that you have the good news soon.

Laura

Congrats on your meds being finalised, cjdrum! Good luck and hope you hear something soon.

It does seem to be 2 weeks later people get their visa, that would mean next Monday for us, or later if they go by when our boys get finalised (although I was told they were finalised a month ago, but I think they were just cleared). Ours were finalised 9 days ago but it feels like longer. I don't think we'll hear anything until next week now as things only change on our case on Monday and Wednesday (so far). We have Team 2, in Adelaide. I must keep busy and try and stop thinking about it, but it's hard not to.

Laura

Hi Laura, both of my sons got referred, but like you, I thought they would. We got their meds done early hoping to find out before having to submit our visa incase it was a waste of time but as we didn't have a CO then (as we hadn't lodged) it took ages to find out and we ended up lodging anyway! It is a horrible wait but hopefully you'll find out soon as you've already lodged your visa. It's just standard procedure with a lot of medical conditions, I bet you'll be just fine. Some people are only referred for a few days, so fingers crossed for you.

I am still waiting for our nedicals to finaliase. It seems we are not that many from the May Gang who are yet to receive visas. Hopefully it wont be long now

Good luck, Tarchik, hope your meds finalise soon. We plan to go to Perth too - I really can't wait to get some sunshine!

Good luck for some good news for us all tomorrow :yes::yes:

Guest tarchik

Thanks HoneyandTimmy. We are now crazy, you know waking up at night everyday to check our online status only to find nothing has changed.

Guest sjmmdm

Hi I have also been watching with interest at time lines, we had our meds done 14th july and some of it shows met but not all ,just hoping not to see referred .Well done to all who have got there visa's fingers crossed for speedy replies for the rest of us :em3600:

Thanks HoneyandTimmy. We are now crazy, you know waking up at night everyday to check our online status only to find nothing has changed.

Hi,

Like you I'm going crazy. I'm trying so hard not to log-on and check but having been going through this process for the last couple of years it's hard not too!! I was the same with the skills assessment results then waiting for the SMPs when they changed all the lists, then State Sponsorship (6 month wait) then CO and now my medicals.

I check last thing at night, during the night, first thing in the morning and lunchtime! It's so frustrating not knowing when my medical will be looked at. The HOC said 2-3 weeks from referral, but I still check regardless. We are so close but I feel so far from getting the nod. At times it's really depressing, I wish I could go away for a few weeks holiday and forget everything.

Glad I got that off my chest.. Good luck and I wish you all the best xx

Best wishes to all who have your ticket :)

Am I the only one from April still waiting? :( xx

Hi,

Like you I'm going crazy. I'm trying so hard not to log-on and check but having been going through this process for the last couple of years it's hard not too!! I was the same with the skills assessment results then waiting for the SMPs when they changed all the lists, then State Sponsorship (6 month wait) then CO and now my medicals.

I check last thing at night, during the night, first thing in the morning and lunchtime! It's so frustrating not knowing when my medical will be looked at. The HOC said 2-3 weeks from referral, but I still check regardless. We are so close but I feel so far from getting the nod. At times it's really depressing, I wish I could go away for a few weeks holiday and forget everything.

Glad I got that off my chest.. Good luck and I wish you all the best xx

Best wishes to all who have your ticket :)

Am I the only one from April still waiting? :( xx

OMG! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I check during the night a couple of times and during the day a few times - it does drive you crazy!! :wacko: Sometimes I'm excited, sometimes stressed, sometimes fed up! It really is an emotional roller coaster! Hopefully all worth it in the end! Next month we'll all hopefully be moaning about all the organising we need to do once we get those visas! :yes:

OMG! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I check during the night a couple of times and during the day a few times - it does drive you crazy!! :wacko: Sometimes I'm excited, sometimes stressed, sometimes fed up! It really is an emotional roller coaster! Hopefully all worth it in the end! Next month we'll all hopefully be moaning about all the organising we need to do once we get those visas! :yes:

Let's hope so! I can cope with organising as I'll know a date to work to.

What are you waiting for now? I'm on my iPhone and can't see your timeline.

All the best yoyo x

Guest tarchik

Its comforting to hear that I'm not going nuts alone, lol. Thanks Yoyo and HoneyandTimmy for making me feel better. Hopefully good news will be coming soon for all of us.

Guest lexylou

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO LINSEY, BOWOW, NATALIE AND MORRIS.

So delighted for you all guys, what fantastic news, well done and enjoy:hug:

Gillian

Sorry for the late response as I haven't been on for a few days xx.

Guest papasmurf

Congratulations to you all who got your Visa's this week, we had medicals yesterday so another couple of weeks to wait yet !!!! Kids break up Friday so that will keep me occupied while we wait.

Hi, Does anyone knows what does it mean by "Further medical results referred".

Hi,

It means that your medicals have been referred to a medical officer of the commonwealth (MOC) for further checking. This process can take anything between a few days to 5 weeks dependant on what the issue is.

There is noway of finding out the reason for referral. Global Health (formerly HOC) will only give you a estimate as to when they'll be processed by a MOC.

Hope this helps

Yoyo

Guest tarchik

I checked my online status again this morning and found that my daughter's medicals are now finalised. So its just me and OH left now. One step closer...

Guest LB2011
Hi Laura, both of my sons got referred, but like you, I thought they would. We got their meds done early hoping to find out before having to submit our visa incase it was a waste of time but as we didn't have a CO then (as we hadn't lodged) it took ages to find out and we ended up lodging anyway! It is a horrible wait but hopefully you'll find out soon as you've already lodged your visa. It's just standard procedure with a lot of medical conditions, I bet you'll be just fine. Some people are only referred for a few days, so fingers crossed for you.

Thank you, fingers crossed we hear soon. The funny thing is I knew it would be so dont know why I was so suprised when it did lol. I think this whole process has made me a bit :wacko: lol. Fingers crossed you get your visa soon.

Guest girlinOZ
Hi Lee,

We have been advised by our agent that the DIAC are hoping to allocate within 2 weeks of recieving the state sponcer form thats why we have booked our medicals for the 17th of june in the hope she is right but like mevans12 has been told 4-6 so would be interesting to see when people are getting there co.

Laura

I'm a nurse and it took 3-4 months for me to get all my required supporting docs together and notarized, once my VISA was lodged, took 6 weeks for approval.

Good luck to everyone!

Guest lexylou

Hi May gang,

Well thats us booked our flights with Singapore airlines and we fly out on 14th September and we are all very very excited. Had a bit of a nightmare with the airlines call centre staff but eventually got there in the end and got a smashing deal. Also got our 40kg baggage allowance just need to check connecting BA internal flights gives us the same. Next on the list is to arrange shipping quotes.

Gillian

Guest sjmmdm

We have a VISA !!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: am in shock only had meds last thurs, we have had such an emotional day as my son left primary school so i

let him have his day so this info is burning a hole and almost feels if I tell someone it's all really real, sorry babbling on good luck to all waiting hopefully not long now xxx

We have a VISA !!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: am in shock only had meds last thurs, we have had such an emotional day as my son left primary school so i

let him have his day so this info is burning a hole and almost feels if I tell someone it's all really real, sorry babbling on good luck to all waiting hopefully not long now xxx

Many many congratulations

xx

Guest tarchik

Massive congratulations!!! Enjoy the weekend celebrations ;o)

Hi May gang,

Well thats us booked our flights with Singapore airlines and we fly out on 14th September and we are all very very excited. Had a bit of a nightmare with the airlines call centre staff but eventually got there in the end and got a smashing deal. Also got our 40kg baggage allowance just need to check connecting BA internal flights gives us the same. Next on the list is to arrange shipping quotes.

Gillian

Morning may gang!! Great news on everyone wi visas. Dont think it's long now for a few of u.

We had t same problem wi Singapore airlines yesterday. I called them an he said we wld only get 20kilos an I mentioned we were emigrating an heard bout 40kilos etc he put t phone down on me......... Cheeky chap!!! So I emailed an got a v nice response sayin we wld get 40k on a 176PR We r flying t Perth on the 19th Oct. It's been quite stressful trying t find somewhere t live. Any suggestions wld b great. Also how r u al Workin it wi ur furniture as sm hav said 10-14 wks t get there??

Any help wld b great.

Hope u all r ok best of luck wi al ur plans. It truly is t best feeling lol Linsey xxx