Nursing and the cost of living

Guest buttonsmum

Guest buttonsmum

Hi Im a nurse in the UK that is hoping to move to australia, Ive got a partner and a 9mth old son and would like some advice on the best part of australia to move to with regards to nursing salarys and the cost of living? :wubclub:

Guest guest36187

Which aspect of nursing are you looking into?

What sort of lifestyle are you looking for? City? Beach?

Hi Im a nurse in the UK that is hoping to move to australia, Ive got a partner and a 9mth old son and would like some advice on the best part of australia to move to with regards to nursing salarys and the cost of living? :wubclub:

Hi the question you are asking it quite complex. The big cities such as Sydney will probally pay more but then you pay more on housing etc. on my reseach SA pay less than when we were initially going to WA, but again wages are different, public or private hospitals?? agency, your experience?? have a look on the job sites, i would be suprised if anybody can give you specific details on all wages in diff areas. From my reseach SA start from approx $59000, WA $63000 + enhancements. Have a look on aussie move.com ref cost of living. + what do you want, beaches, weather, affordable housing?? it maybe best that you research each state in turn to see what appeals. Personally i have no interest in the East coast but some people wouldnt want SA or WA due to it being quiet so its something you may have to reseach.

Good luck enjoy your looking and planning its part of the fun

Lisa x