and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest andybhoy

visa granted now the hard part !! CV's

Guest andybhoy

Hi all , We have had our permanent residency granted in april this year. looking to move to the Brisbane area before the end of the year .I am a stonemason to trade and have been working on a self employed/sub contracting basis for 11 years now , meaning i have been working on contracts for many many companies over the years and completed loads of smaller jobs as well , I am trying to put together a CV/resume at the moment and pulling my hair out as I dont know how to word my work experience and companies worked for etc , has anyone been in this position before or can anyone who knows about reading or writing CV's advise me on what sort of thing to put in as i cant list every company I have completed work for or list every job I've done as it would take too many pages and I hear companies dont like very long Cv's , this is the first one I have done since leaving school !! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Guest popkins

Hi

My partner is a Carpenter / Joiner / Builder, he too has had his CV dilemmas, but found giving a generalisation of work done from some of the biggest jobs such as new builds and factories down to the smaller jobs such as conservatories, garage bases and stone steps a bit of roofing and the more complex work on listed buildings, he also has a portfolio built and a web site, this seems to be acceptable to most although he intends to go self employed asap, hope some of this has helped, good luck.

Suzanne

Guest mbail

good idea thankyou

Guest andybhoy
Hi

My partner is a Carpenter / Joiner / Builder, he too has had his CV dilemmas, but found giving a generalisation of work done from some of the biggest jobs such as new builds and factories down to the smaller jobs such as conservatories, garage bases and stone steps a bit of roofing and the more complex work on listed buildings, he also has a portfolio built and a web site, this seems to be acceptable to most although he intends to go self employed asap, hope some of this has helped, good luck.

Suzanne

Hi , thanks , it's given me things to think about , I had tried writing one listing main contracts I have been involved in and a summary of other smaller work completed , but I still don't think it looks too good when I don't have any companies listed that I worked for . I hadn't even thought about the portfolio but I'll get onto that one !! Thanks again for your reply , Andy

Guest siamsusie

Hi Andybhoy,

Welcome to Poms In Oz,

Hope you enjoy our forum.

Susie x

Guest The Ropey HOFF
cooltext57386328.gif

Guest andybhoy

Thanks susie , every little bit of info helps

Andy