Muswellbrook X poms!!

Guest kennmikp

Guest Mark and Katie Singleton

That's good you get to keep your job and live in oz, best of both worlds, I won't be working till maisie starts schoo...not surr if I will retrain over the next few years or go back into admin/ education, my last job fitted round the school holidays which was great! Who knows eh!

Right off to get some beauty sleep x

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kennmikp
Dudes had a call from damian, once our visas are stamped we will need to have a medical for hitachi.They will cover the cost of the medical. Also there seems to be a shortage of accommodation for our first month.

Yeah think we all got that mail Mark :wink:, no biggy i suppose, unless we have to bend over and cough :wideeyed: lol.

Damian never said anything about an accommodation shortage to me the git :mad:. Not sur ewhen you guys are looking at going out there, but for me and Mik & Sasha it wont be till mid Oct early Nov.

Guest kennmikp
The guy from Pickfords told us if we find a flight online and then ring them saying we are 1st time migrants and buying a one way ticket we are entitled to an extra 25kg per couple but he said it depends on the airline. I guess we just have to wait and see when we actually book, if we ever get these visas! x

the guy who did ours said the same :biggrin:

Have read on here on loads of different threads that as long as you tell the airline your on a sponsored 457 visa, one way flight you can get upto 40kg allowance :wink:

Guest MarcandSarah
the guy who did ours said the same :biggrin:

Have read on here on loads of different threads that as long as you tell the airline your on a sponsored 457 visa, one way flight you can get upto 40kg allowance :wink:

Hi Ken,

Sent you an email earlier in response to the one you sent over to Marc regarding the haulage costs being paid up front, horray!:jiggy:

I think we're looking at early September to get to Oz, fingers crossed!

Guest kennmikp
I was looking online 'opodo.co.uk' flight centre use this too aswell as last minute.com....I think I remember my brother saying something about that, they also beat the quote you have found even if by a £.

I need to know like yesterday ref the visas, I have to give my daughters school a weeks notice for her leaving and for them to get all her school docs together for them to give to us, she has a week and a half left in school.....I don't want her docs being mailed to us I want them in my possession. I don't want to say we're off for definite now cos she'll lose her place for next september, what to do eh! She's gutted she is leaving the school and her friends :sad:, I feel like a meany mummy! its just a good job she's only 4 and not 14, cos I'd probably have slammed doors and teenage tantrums at leaving her boyfriend behind lol....gonna be positive and hope we'll know sometime next week or perhaps by the end of this week, fingers crossed! x

Sick of looking for well priced flights :mad: and we have decided to treat ourselves and go Business class :jiggy: might as well as its not as if we are gonna be doing it every week lol.

Im in the same situation for letting ppl know. I cant do bugger all until my visa is approved, which is a mare as i really want to get the ball rolling with other stuff (bank account, removals, flights, saying goodbyes).

We have decided not to sent Sasha to school in Sept. We have given her space up for another lucky child (got her in to a really good school too lol). She is going to stay on at nursery until we leave, then look at getting her in to nursery/pre school out there maybe. we are defo looking to get her in to the Muswellbrook Kindergarten at the start of the school year (January), assuming they have a place for her :unsure:

Guest kennmikp
Hi Ken,

Sent you an email earlier in response to the one you sent over to Marc regarding the haulage costs being paid up front, horray!:jiggy:

I think we're looking at early September to get to Oz, fingers crossed!

Sarah hi.

Im guessing you replied to my work email addy. Is there any chance you could forward it to my personal email address please :wink:

Yeah BIG hooray ref getting the removals sorted (yet to be finalised mined you, but Damian seems very sure it will happen).

Ken & Mikala

Guest MarcandSarah
Sarah hi.

Im guessing you replied to my work email addy. Is there any chance you could forward it to my personal email address please :wink:

Yeah BIG hooray ref getting the removals sorted (yet to be finalised mined you, but Damian seems very sure it will happen).

Ken & Mikala

All sent, Like you we are sick of trying to guess our flight dates so we have given up for now. I know we are going to end up with loads to once the visas are approved but there isnt a lot we can do about it!

Check this one out.....we think its a fake but we'll let you guys decide! google : 'king brown in Branxton NSW' and see the picture that comes up.......sorry Sarah! (eek)

Having read some feedback from a site showing this picture I don't think we have anything to worry about! PHEW x

Guest MarcandSarah
Check this one out.....we think its a fake but we'll let you guys decide! google : 'king brown in Branxton NSW' and see the picture that comes up.......sorry Sarah! (eek)

Having read some feedback from a site showing this picture I don't think we have anything to worry about! PHEW x

That made me giggle, it's just as well it wasn't a spider! Just as well it is a hoax, snakes don't phase me at all but if I saw one that big i'dleg it! :shocked:

Guest chris and deb k

hi all

just had my quote from pickfords and its a bit of a shocker. they said i would need a container and a half where the other 2 said a container would be plenty. alot of the over estimation was for tools as they said tools cannot be shipped in toolboxes as they distort them with the weight so there own insurance, that they quote you for will not pay out.(load of crap if you ask me) after explaining thats what they are designed to do it still didnt matter. so we wont be using them!! i am still waiting for 1 quote to see which firm ill use.

keep you posted

Guest kennmikp
hi all

just had my quote from pickfords and its a bit of a shocker. they said i would need a container and a half where the other 2 said a container would be plenty. alot of the over estimation was for tools as they said tools cannot be shipped in toolboxes as they distort them with the weight so there own insurance, that they quote you for will not pay out.(load of crap if you ask me) after explaining thats what they are designed to do it still didnt matter. so we wont be using them!! i am still waiting for 1 quote to see which firm ill use.

keep you posted

Hi chris.

Was that a quote, or did the estimator come round???? How many tools you taking with you????

Will wait to hear from you ref your preferred removals provider. Iv started to put together a pread sheet for Damian, so if you could let me knoe your 3 removals providers in preference then i can give him the data ASAP.

Im hoping that if there are enough (maybe 3-4) people for different removals providers then he can secure a deal with each provider for all who want to use them.

Just a heads up, iv got 3 for Pickfords at the moment.

Has anyone looked at getting their own marine insurance (removals providers ask between 2-3%). i know it can be gotten for less.

Cheers, Ken & Mikala.

Hi Ken

Reference the removals, we are in contact with our Pickfords estimator and we will let her know what the score is with a possible discount, Im sure she can find it out at her end. I presume the insurance cost will come out of our allowance so Im happy to go with Pickfords..one less thing to think about.

Laters

Guest kennmikp
Hi Ken

Reference the removals, we are in contact with our Pickfords estimator and we will let her know what the score is with a possible discount, Im sure she can find it out at her end. I presume the insurance cost will come out of our allowance so Im happy to go with Pickfords..one less thing to think about.

Laters

How do Mark/Katie.

I had an email from a guy from Pickfords (thing he is a regional manager or sumit) it was in the mass email i sent to everyone. I think he is the guy Damian is dealing with regards to the discount (at 10% so far :wink:) so im not sure if your estimator will be aware of what is being discussed.

We too are happy if the with the 3% marine insurance with Pickfords if ita an all in 1 price coming from our allowance :wink:

Im just busy trying to look for decent tool boxes :eek:. Need 1 too take with me (tool too but i will source them out there). Dont suppose you know anywhere decent do ya???

Cheers, Ken n Mik

Hi Ken, if you google 'toolbox 37' you can get good deals on tools and boxes, ebay has some good deals also, you can find deals on US Pro tools etc. Machine mart isnt necassary the best for tools but it does sell some ok boxes. I suppose its 50/50 if its cheaper to buy tools here or over there. Be good to here what deal Pickfords pull off.

Guest kennmikp

thanks for that info mate.

been looking around most of the evening (amongst other stuff :arghh:).

Looked on that machine mart site. Some good stuff on there (well seems ok).

Yeah be interested wat other discount they can come up with for the removals :wink:

Guest chris and deb k

hi ken

the both quotes i have gone for are from there estimaters visiting my house.not happy with the tool box stuff as i have loads of tools to go over and they just didnt understand that toolboxes are designed to carry tools. pickfords where not a very good company(watch the telly program tonight).and the insurance which they offer is from one of there own companies so its a bit of a con as well. i wil;l poberly go with anglo pacific if the quote is about the same i dont need the discount if they are overestimating by so much £2500.good luck with the tools if you dont have any some of the seally boxes on ebay come with about 150 tools in them. might get you started.

catch you later

Guest chris and deb k

hi guys

check out the transport and shipping forum on this sight good info and very helpfull

cheers

Guest kennmikp
hi guys

check out the transport and shipping forum on this sight good info and very helpfull

cheers

Just checked out that part of the forum.

Looks like http://www.insure-your-move.com/ could be the best place for shipping insurance :wink:

Gonna get a few quotes over this week.

Guest kennmikp
muswellbrook has a prison nearby and you do get a few strange people hanging around

I live inb Stockport in the UK and there aint a prison near here for miles, but its still full of STRANGE PEOPLE hanging around :laugh:.

In regard to toolboxes, sounds a load of nonsense to me.

I have moved twice (UK to Melbourne) and never had any issues with my tools.

I have a vareity of tool boxes, from small plastic through to Metal drawer systems. All travelled with tools inside.

Each box was individually export wrapped.

Hope this helps

Peter

Guest MarcandSarah

Is it me or has it all gone very quiet on the visa front? The last time we heard anything Damien said that we should have approval in the next week or two and that was well over a week ago.

Plus our application doesn't even say 'processed further' on DIAC, all this waiting and no news is driving me mad!:err:

Guest chris and deb k

I know where your coming from just had another request for police checks, army discharge papers and yet another form 80 to ask me every time i have been out of the country in the last 10 years as well of all my jobs since i left school in 1983. all the info they require has already been given to damian it is starting to get on my nerves. seems to me they are not communicating with globe 24/7 :frown:

Guest MarcandSarah

I feel really silly for moaning now, i've just checked our progress on the immigration website and it says applicant approved! :biggrin:

I'm sure yours won't be far behind, it's just such a pain in the backside having submit so much stuff! Fingers crossed it won't be long now.

I feel really silly for moaning now, i've just checked our progress on the immigration website and it says applicant approved! :biggrin:

I'm sure yours won't be far behind, it's just such a pain in the backside having submit so much stuff! Fingers crossed it won't be long now.

YEY you guys! :biggrin:

I hope ours isn't too far behind yours.....its getting well frustrating! :frown:

Archived