Muswellbrook X poms!!

Guest kennmikp

Guest MarcandSarah

Bloody forms aarrrggghh! Everyday Marc checks his inbox and yet again another form! We were thinking more along the lines of a September or October start date but maybe we are just being pessimistic! I agree about the houses thing, don't think the Aussies go in for much interior design, i've yet to find a house that has wallpaper!

Guest Mark and Katie Singleton

Hi damian replied to an email I sent him,he said there should be no trade assessment needed and all the paperwork we do for our visa should go along way to getting a permanent residency if required. Regards to references try and get the minimum of two.hope this helps.

Guest kennmikp

Mark thanks for that info :wink: bit of a silver lining in the somewhat dull cloud :eek:

Am just busy sorting this bloody Trade Skills Certificate out. Dont want much do they??

Not sure how we are to supply 2 x signed passport pics for the application?? Anyone know???

Will email damian in a bit too see if he can answer the question lol.

Anyone had any joy looking for houses yet??????

Anyone looked into hiring a car?????

We have 1st removals assessor coming tommorrow (Pickfords (he is an Aussy))

Ken n Mikala

Guest kennmikp

hi sarah

cant say iv seen any houses with wallpaper either, its the state of the kitchens that is really putting me off like something out of the 70's, im tending 2 look at new builds they seem 2 be coming up at the same price as the older propertys, ken said u and ur oh r looking at singleton iv not seen anything there that i like :nah: .

hi so only on to this now and glad we are not the only ones taking the big step. my wife and 3 kids will be going Aodán(4 nearly 5) and twins Olivia and Niall (3). My wife has been constantly checking for houses schools shops everything, she is very thorough !! we have heard back from a few of the schools and were just going to wait until we are there to decide, we were also contemplating seeing if we could get Aodán up a grade as he has also done his years at nursery here. we definitely agree that the houses need interior designers as the inside of the are shocking. we look everyday to see if we see something and it always draws a blank, we also checked singleton out too!! i have my police check back and got all my certificates done but just waiting on hearing like the rest of you's. also got our 3 shipping quotes so happy about that now just to try and get the dog over !!

Guest kennmikp

Seamus hi, and thanks for joining the party (beers will be passed round once they have chilled lol).

Its driving us crazy looking at this, then looking at that, then going back to this, then back to that :swoon:

I guess its a case of just being patient and ticking things off the list 1 by 1.

What have you been quoted for your shipping???

Iv even started looking at cars to buy now :chatterbox: they want a lot, for not a lot dont they???

Good to have you here,

Ken & Mikala.

hi andrea here, we got one company called oman but they gave us 2 quotes as they are representing 2 companies, they gave quotes of £4295 without the jeep and £6235 with it. the other company (crown relocation) gave us a quote without the jeep at £5200 :skeptical: both companies quoted for a 20ft container.

definitely think we will all have to get together for a big drinking session when we get over :cool:

Hi there Seamus

Katie here, with regard the schooling for your oldest, my oldest Keeley is 5 in August and she'll have completed nursery and the first year of infant school, she started nursery at 3. I was advised by the principle of Muswellbrook school that they are able to do an assessment of our childrens ability upon arrival, however they are not sure if it would be beneficial having them be placed a year ahead...reason being aussie kids don't legally have to start school till they are 6, although most start at 5, which means if our kids although academically ahead of them, they could end up in classes with 7 year olds.

I was like you thinking of asking for Keeley to be placed a year ahead, as I am sure she could cope academically, as she has flown through the curriculum with flying colours however with the transition to a different school, area and with no immedaite friends, I felt having her placed in a year with peers the same age would be of more benefit to her when forming friendships.

The school year doesn't start till Jan 2012 for our 5 year olds, so we have enough time to look around and see what schools offer the best facilities. I think I am going to have Keeley stay home and me home school her for a bit till the January, just to keep her on track with her phonics, reading, writing etc.

Hope this is of help, its hard to know what to do for the best eh!

Katie :v_SPIN:

hi katie, andrea totally agree you never know what to do to do right. like yourself i have been onto the schools and they also said about advancing on but putting Aodán in with 7 yr olds scares me to be honest :nah:

its just so complicated and frustrating we have spoke to his teachers here and they are making out work book for him until he starts school in oz as he would get very bored otherwise. what school have you been thinking of sending keeley to?

how are you comin along with everything are you as nervous/excited/scared as us ? nice to talk to ppl who are in the exact same position and know what we are goin thru :smile:

Hi there

To be honest theres so much to think about here with moving over there, I have put my female emotional feelings to one side (leaving family and friends). Mark and I have lived in Australia before back in 2002/03 so we aren't too daunted by the renting of properties etc as we have been through that process before, opening bank accounts etc...however now kids are involved theres so much more to consider.

I wrote to Muswellbrook school and 2 schools in Singleton for advise more than anything, all very helpful and keen for us to visit them when we arrive. I need to see the area and also know where we will be living before I can make a decision about the schooling for Keeley...I am sure after the initial upset she will experience from leaving her friends here, she will soon make new ones, she is very sociable and at her age no qualms with making friends, oh to be 5 again lol.

We are plumping for Pickfords shipping they seemed the most professional and cost was reasonable with what we are taking out, 20ft container, door to door and packing service, pickfords are also based in Australia so no change of company when we get there. Estimate 8-10 week delivery and theres a ship leaving 8th August so we are hoping we will have some chance of booking that one provided we have heard about the visas by then...heres hoping eh!

Life at the mo seems very day to day now, it would be good to have a date to work towards, I am just too damn impatient haha :laugh:

join the club everyone asks any word yet, when are you going, any more news on Australia and i just don't have any answers for them, I think that's the worst part. the housing situation is a disaster not much to look at but we will just have to wait until we are there to make any decisions as to where we will live. like you we have looked at muswellbrook, singleton and denman and aberdeen - here's hoping that the dream house will pop up as soon as we arrive (whenever that wil be lol ;)

Guest chris and deb k

Hi

Not very good at this computer stuff but i thought id give it a go.

Im going over to oz with Hitachi like the rest of you so no doubt well be working in muzzy for i while. my visa has just been applied for and i am waiting for my tracking number so i can check it out. im going with my wife Deb and my 2 boys (15&13)

done all my police checks and documentation but im waiting to hear if the visa has been granted before i start sorting out removals .

the money given to help you move is not enough to cover a family move but i have just heard back that hitachi will give you a interest free loan payable back in 12 months starting after 4 months of being there of $1500 per child and spouse so this might help.obviously you have to pay upfront but you can get it within 3 days of arriving.

spoke to mark singleton the other day as we both work on the same contract and he helped me out with a few thngs cheers mate.

hope to hear from you all later

chris

Guest chris and deb k

hi katie, chris hear i spoke to mark the other day at work and he told me about pickfords sounds good but hearing from damian they get to choose which company they want and know doubt they will go for the cheepest one. we will have to wait and see

catch you later

Guest kennmikp
Hi

Not very good at this computer stuff but i thought id give it a go.

Im going over to oz with Hitachi like the rest of you so no doubt well be working in muzzy for i while. my visa has just been applied for and i am waiting for my tracking number so i can check it out. im going with my wife Deb and my 2 boys (15&13)

done all my police checks and documentation but im waiting to hear if the visa has been granted before i start sorting out removals .

the money given to help you move is not enough to cover a family move but i have just heard back that hitachi will give you a interest free loan payable back in 12 months starting after 4 months of being there of $1500 per child and spouse so this might help.obviously you have to pay upfront but you can get it within 3 days of arriving.

spoke to mark singleton the other day as we both work on the same contract and he helped me out with a few thngs cheers mate.

hope to hear from you all later

chris

hi chris.

where did you get this info from mate???? To be honest if you cant get the money until you are over there then i dont see the need for taking out the loan (although those with larger families will find the money handy im sure).

Are you guys all aware that we get paid 2 weeks wages as soon as we get there ;-) how cool lol.

Ken & Mikala.

Guest chris and deb k

Hi ken

got this info from damian this morning as i have to pay full fares for both my kids that would take up half of the allowance alone. also once i get there i have to pay nearly $9000 for the school fees so i thought it would come in handy. where did you get the info about the 2 weeks wage as soon as we get there as they told me we get paid fortnightly a week in advance and a week in arreas

cheers

chris

Guest kennmikp
Hi there

To be honest theres so much to think about here with moving over there, I have put my female emotional feelings to one side (leaving family and friends). Mark and I have lived in Australia before back in 2002/03 so we aren't too daunted by the renting of properties etc as we have been through that process before, opening bank accounts etc...however now kids are involved theres so much more to consider.

I wrote to Muswellbrook school and 2 schools in Singleton for advise more than anything, all very helpful and keen for us to visit them when we arrive. I need to see the area and also know where we will be living before I can make a decision about the schooling for Keeley...I am sure after the initial upset she will experience from leaving her friends here, she will soon make new ones, she is very sociable and at her age no qualms with making friends, oh to be 5 again lol.

We are plumping for Pickfords shipping they seemed the most professional and cost was reasonable with what we are taking out, 20ft container, door to door and packing service, pickfords are also based in Australia so no change of company when we get there. Estimate 8-10 week delivery and theres a ship leaving 8th August so we are hoping we will have some chance of booking that one provided we have heard about the visas by then...heres hoping eh!

Life at the mo seems very day to day now, it would be good to have a date to work towards, I am just too damn impatient haha :laugh:

Katie hi.

We had Pickfords come to our house on Wednesday to do an estimate. Thing the guy who did our survey also did Marc&Sarah's (he mentioned Sarah's name and where he had been). Looks like we could all get a group discount lol ;-)

Guest kennmikp
Hi ken

got this info from damian this morning as i have to pay full fares for both my kids that would take up half of the allowance alone. also once i get there i have to pay nearly $9000 for the school fees so i thought it would come in handy. where did you get the info about the 2 weeks wage as soon as we get there as they told me we get paid fortnightly a week in advance and a week in arreas

cheers

chris

at the interview John and Robbie told me that i would get 2 weeks wages in advance. Guess its a wait and see thing ;-/

yeah the school fees thing is really expensive for you guys who have more than 1 to pay for :-0

suppose it could be a handy pot of loot for a car or sumit lol ;-)

Hows your process going??? Our visa is still "being processed further" lol

ken & Mikala.

Guest kennmikp
hi katie, chris hear i spoke to mark the other day at work and he told me about pickfords sounds good but hearing from damian they get to choose which company they want and know doubt they will go for the cheepest one. we will have to wait and see

catch you later

surely if you pay upfront for your removals then Hitachi have no say in who transports it???

I can understand Hitachi choosing from a list of providers if you give them a few to choose from (the option im hoping to take, via gettin Hitachi to foot the bill).

Guest kennmikp
Hi Ken, are we not paid after two weeks of being there?

Mark im sure i was told that we get 2 weeks wages straight away!!!

No i know im getting on in years, and i do tend to miss hear things, but sumit like that i wouldnt normally get wrong lol.

I will mail Damian just to clarify so we all know ;-)

Any joy looking for houses yet???

The OH is going mad lol. Think she is gonna do some more looking around next week when she is home alone!

Hi, sort of slackened of the house looking for now,cant really do much until we get out there and decide what area suits. Atleast we have a month to find something. On the transport side,if your in Muzzy you only really need one vehicle,I will cycle/run to work..if we choose Singleton then we will need two vehicles..and Im not made of money. Had a call from ANZ bank and they have a promotional offer with emirates airlines for migrants on a one way ticket...50kg of luggage per person.

Guest kennmikp
Hi, sort of slackened of the house looking for now,cant really do much until we get out there and decide what area suits. Atleast we have a month to find something. On the transport side,if your in Muzzy you only really need one vehicle,I will cycle/run to work..if we choose Singleton then we will need two vehicles..and Im not made of money. Had a call from ANZ bank and they have a promotional offer with emirates airlines for migrants on a one way ticket...50kg of luggage per person.

yeah i hear what your saying about the house search thing. I believe that Hitachi will be providing a full brief and re-location package thing when we get there so that may give better leads and info.

i was thinking the same about transport. the workshop aint that far from muzzy, plus its good phys if i bike lol.

oooooooooo and offer with more luggage allowance, may well look into that. Aint moved on bank accounts yet, like most of what we need to do, its all getting left until Visa is granted.

Guest chris and deb k

alright ken just looking at the relocation assistance form and it states the companys discretion at which company quote is accepted, perhaps if we all try pickfords (as they offer the best service ie door to door) we might be lucky.just waiting to get my tracking number from norma. did you all need to take out medical insurance as it was on the to do list

Hey all.

From what I read on Marks contract the pay situation said, you are paid 2 weekly on a friday normally, when you first start you are paid a week in advance so you guys will work one week but get paid 2 weeks pay on that first friday....

With reference the removals, we emailed Damian all our quotes at his request so he had an idea for future reference when recruiting and he also said we were to forward our quotes to Hitachi via him, but its our decision who we choose as we will be paying for it upfront, if we spend more than the $10000 they give you as a family for relocation then we would have to find the difference. At the end of the day I am not going to just send all our belongings off with a company I am not happy with just cos they are cheaper!! else what would be the point in getting more than one quote???:confused: Katie and Mark