Muswellbrook X poms!!

Guest kennmikp

Guest kennmikp

Hi there.

Just wondering if there are any poms living out in Muswellbrooke in here????

Have just been offered a job in Muswellbrooke with HITACHI and would like some info on all sorts of stuff :err:

Thanks kennmikp

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ph0en1x
Just wondering if there are any X poms living out in Muswellbrooke in here

Don't you mean poms :wink:

Good luck with your move

Guest kennmikp
Don't you mean poms :wink:

Good luck with your move

well yeah ok i guess :rolleyes: poms it is lol.

Guest Ph0en1x

You are quite rural but have passed through Muswellbrook on the way to Armidale, you have beautiful countryside around you with Newcastle being the largest nearest city. Lots and lots of coal mining too. You will be between Barrington Tops National Park and Coricudgy State Forest, both absoluely beautiful

Guest kennmikp
You are quite rural but have passed through Muswellbrook on the way to Armidale, you have beautiful countryside around you with Newcastle being the largest nearest city. Lots and lots of coal mining too. You will be between Barrington Tops National Park and Coricudgy State Forest, both absoluely beautiful

Yeah have looked around as to what Muswellbrook has to offer, its location and thi n that.

Me and the OH both like the rural aspect (LARGE town n CITY life is a drag) and we are both looking forward to the move :biggrin:

Im happy with Newcastle being a cuople of hours away (im a geordie :jiggy:) it will make me feel like being at home lol (even if only in name sake).

Guest Ph0en1x

(im a geordie :jiggy:)

And don't worry about that, Aussies will forgive most things :jiggy:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MarcandSarah

Hi Kennmikp,

My OH has also just been offered a job with Hitachi and we'll be making the move as soon as our visa's are all sorted out etc. I've been looking into the area for sometime and although it looks ok (there seems to be a few pubs) nearby Singleton seems a much nicer place to live with lots more amenities and they have an annual carnival thingy that has wife carrying and husband dragging competitions! I'll have to get some practice in! Plus, its closer to Newcastle and the beach but only about 35 mins from the site!

Hope the big move is going ok your end, we still have loads to sort out and we STILL haven't had our police checks back yet!

Marc & Sarah

Guest Mark and Katie Singleton

Hi Im Mark I am also one of Hitachi lot moving to Muswellbrook (probably Singleton)..so hello and no doubt we will meet up soon. Just waiting like you guys for the paperwork to go through. I will be travelling out with my wife and 2 young girls. Apart from checking the internet for local info I have been checking banks out, National Australian Bank(NAB) dosn't charge account fees and is happy to give out a credit card if required, something you can set up from the UK.

Look forward to any info you might have.

Laters

Guest kennmikp
Hi Im Mark I am also one of Hitachi lot moving to Muswellbrook (probably Singleton)..so hello and no doubt we will meet up soon. Just waiting like you guys for the paperwork to go through. I will be travelling out with my wife and 2 young girls. Apart from checking the internet for local info I have been checking banks out, National Australian Bank(NAB) dosn't charge account fees and is happy to give out a credit card if required, something you can set up from the UK.

Look forward to any info you might have.

Laters

Hi Mark & Katie.

And then there were 3 (plus families lol). Good to meet you (figuratively speaking).

Looking at bank accounts is 1 of the things left too do on our list :err: not going too move on that until visa is granted (not much point else really).

So your looking to live in Singleton eh!!!! Any particular reason???

I know Marc & Sarah have looked there too!

The OH looked there and didnt particularly like what accommodation was on offer (unless you know where they hide all the good houses??).

How far through the Visa App process are you????

PS how old are your girls???

Ken & Mikala & Sasha (4)

Hello, my visa paperwork was sent off about a week or so ago and I should here what medical is required at the end of this month. After looking around where to live, taking into consideration schools, amenities and time to the coast Singleton might be the better option, but you get more for your money in Muzzy...and closer to work. Will have to recce it out there. My eldest girl Keeley turns 5 in August and Maisie is 16 weeks old. I have 3 shipping quotes and Pickfords seems the best. I asked Damian what to do about tools whilist they are in transit and he reckons Hitachi can provide us with a box for the mean time.

Guest kennmikp

Yeah more for your money in Muswellbrook thats for sure, and from what we have seen a bigger (not house size) selection, and better quality of house, unless we are looking in the wrong places lol.

It would be nice to be a little closer to the coast, but at what cost??? Another 30-45 mins wont make much of a difference i feel.

Im hoping that due to the nature of our sponsorship we may not need medicals or police checks (waiting for feedback on that). We have our TRN for our visa app so its a case of checking daily to see the situation.

We are just starting the removals stuff now. Have estimator from 1 company coming next month (we aint taking much lol). Erm i certainly aint taking any tools (well not for work).

Have you looked at school for your eldest?? Its a funny system out there. We have made contact with the local pre-school in Muswellbrook.

Are you looking to get out there a couple of weeks before you start work?? I did email Damian about this, but he never replied.

Ken & Mikala

Keeley will finish her first full year in Summer, but due to the age they start in oz she will have to repeat her first year. NSW State there is a $4500 fee for 457 holders but the schools have mentioned to us about sending a waiver off. who knows.. we will be shipping the contents of a house which is fun, we will also consider going out a bit early so we can chill out before it all starts.

Hi Katie here, we have had a few emails from various schools in Muswellbrook and Singleton as we were not sure whether to have Keeley go a year ahead as she'll have already have completed 2 academic school years here in the UK, being Nursery (Reception 1) and the first year of Infant school (Reception 2), and has done extremely well so far. However having thought about it although the children in Oz dont legally have to start school till they are 6, most start kindergarden at 4 and start mainstream school at 5, it would mean at just 5(her birthday is August) she could be in a class of 6 and 7 year olds so we feel it is not appropriate for her, so we will get her to repeat a year starting January 2012. (Their school year starts in January) Also that way Keeley can spend some time settling into her new environment with Maisie, myself and Mark before being thrust into school. All the schools we have been in contact with have happily invited us to go visit them when we arrive and also said they would be happy to assess Keeley to see if she would benefit starting straight away or waiting till the January. I don't think I will bother sending her to preschool, I will just continue home schooling her till January. Has Sasha started school in the UK yet? I know Keeley is going to miss her friends....good job for SKYPE.

Keeley was very happy to hear of another little girl her age moving to Australia this morning when we told her.:biggrin:

We had our tracking number through too so will be watching it now, Mark applied for his police check already regardless, we are waiting to hear from our visa case officer if medicals are required.

I have just been reading about carseats in Oz, the UK ones are not allowed, they have different safety regulations, a booster seat is fine for 4 year olds upwards, so you should be ok if you have one of those....we will have to hire a seat for Maisie as the seat we had planned to take won't be legal when we hire a car for the first few days. We will take keeleys little booster seat and use it.

Theres so much to think about isn't there!

Katie

You guys might already know this, if you go on to YOU TUBE and type Singleton NSW you will see a video called Singleton 2009...its a tourism promo. Theres stuff on Muzzy but mainly personal clips.

Guest MarcandSarah

Woooo! will have to have a look at that! Doesn't look like anyone is going to Perth anymore but we are quite happy with the look of Singleton anyway.

Guest kennmikp

We are still VERY undecided about Singleton.

Its not so much the location and what it has to offer (its bigger than muzzy so it has more). It more the accommodation!!!!

In comparison to what we have seen in Muzzy the accommodation in Singleton is very, very hit and miss, and to be honest there is a lot LESS of it from what we have seen!!!

Has some slight movement on our Visa today :wink:

It now gone to "further processing" lol.

Hows the rest of you guys getting on???

Guest MarcandSarah

Still no news Ken, we have had to send some many documents to prove we are a proper 'de facto couple' because we are still living in sin! lol

Guest kennmikp
Still no news Ken, we have had to send some many documents to prove we are a proper 'de facto couple' because we are still living in sin! lol

Tut tut tut you bad ppl lol :wink:

Dont worry im sure that once all the paper work has been sorted that it will all come together.

So what's all this trade assessment tribunal we have to do now? Will it delay our start date?

Guest kennmikp
So what's all this trade assessment tribunal we have to do now? Will it delay our start date?

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM indeed!!!!! :err:

I take it we all got the same email from Damian then????

And what makes it worse, is that its in a bloody PDF file (more printing off stuff, filling it out, scanning it then sending it back).

Its not linked to the Visa application in anyway (so Damian tells me), so it shouldnt delay our start dates.

Still gonna get mine filled in ASAP and get it sent back.

I dont know about you guys but its a friggin nightmare for me filling it in and supplying some of the info :swoon:

O well, onward and upward so they say.

Any1 had movement on their visa yet????

Yeah visa is at the same as yours now, it seems if you go for residency you need your skills assessed by interview and pratical, hopefully this is just a NSW thing. Headache is trying to get ref. from past employers...more bollocks to do...along with sorting our house out etc. I have emailed Damian asking if this will delay the process,its all good getting our visa but you might have to wait for the trade cert....who knows a.

Guest kennmikp

hi glad visas r at same stage, im hoping every morning it says accepted :laugh: maybe tommorrow. luckily we dont have a house 2 sort out as such, just bloody removals. not been very impressed with the houses over there so far, bit of a nightmare for me, ken quite happy 2 live in a tent in a park :no: lol.

I think Hitachi have a thing for ex forces....we are still looking at August to move if all falls into place.

Archived