Advice on 173 & 143

Guest wannabeeoz

Guest wannabeeoz

I have 2 daughters,1 of whom is settled in Oz and the plan is for me to apply for a 173 contributory temp visa then if everything works out after 12 month to apply for a 143 permanent visa for both myself and my wife who will have remained in the uk up to this point.

Is this feasible? Advice and comments much welcomed.

Guest siamsusie

Hi Wannabeeoz,

I cant answer your questions but giving this post of yours a wee bump up.

Best wishes

Susie x

What a pity Gil aka Gollywobbler is no longer on this site. She was the font of all knowledge concerning Parent visas.

All I can say is go on the Immigration website, and check it out. For my twopennorth I would say do your sums before deciding. We have been here 4 years on a 143 and with the adverse exchange rate compared to 4 years ago we are finding it very expensive especially with our UK pensions mostly frozen. We were lucky in as much we sold our UK home when prices were high and transferred our assets when the exchange rate was 2.5 AU$/GBP, and bought in Au before the house price surge. If we were thinking about coming out now it would be touch and go whether we came or not.

Mike

Guest wannabeeoz

Thanks for the reply.The reason i want to go the route i described is so i can find a job and start saving.My mortgage will be paid by the time a visa is granted so that makes life a little easier.