brain dead!!!

Guest vinny80

Guest vinny80

hi all i'm yet another newbie invader :wub:

been reading loads of posts and think you are all doing a great job helping others out with info.

well, me and my OH have been talking about oz for a while now, its still a while off for us as we need to save but there are some things i need to clarify, if anyone could help that would be brill.

im 31, occupational therapist with 6 years experience, my OH 23 (cradle-snacther i know:yes:) an electrician with 2 years experience. i have looked into the visa and i qualify for 175 skilled, this is where i get confused....:arghh: does OH have to have a separate visa or do we apply for me and he goes on mine? i also have a 12 yr old dtr, does she need separate visa too???

we are looking to go in around 18 months, this gives me time to save enough pennies to ride the storm when we get there.....anyone tell me how much they set off with?

with the 18 month mark in mind when would you suggest we apply for visa? will it run out/expire, do i have a certain amount of time to get out of uk??

i know this has all prob been answered but i cant find all my answers?:goofy:

any new starting from scratch advise will be a great helpxxxxx ty guys xxxxx

Firstly you need to check that your skills are on the SOL and then do the points test,if you pass, you then need to have your occupation assessed, and once that is done apply for your visa. I have maybe over simplified the process as I'm sure others will point out. If you do not pass the points test there are method to increase your points e.g State sponsorship. Try here first http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/ If you get stuck just ask, there are loads of us that can help. Oh yes also note the points test is expected to change 1st July 2011

Guest vinny80

thanks, i have done to points test and do qualify, do you know how its going to change on july 1st?

how do you get your occupation assessed? sorry to be a pest im just clueless :-/

thanks, i have done to points test and do qualify, do you know how its going to change on july 1st?

how do you get your occupation assessed? sorry to be a pest im just clueless :-/

We don't exactly know yet, but this may help!

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/points-fact.pdf

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/points-testfaq.pdf

Guest Lightbulb
hi all i'm yet another newbie invader :wub:

been reading loads of posts and think you are all doing a great job helping others out with info.

well, me and my OH have been talking about oz for a while now, its still a while off for us as we need to save but there are some things i need to clarify, if anyone could help that would be brill.

im 31, occupational therapist with 6 years experience, my OH 23 (cradle-snacther i know:yes:) an electrician with 2 years experience. i have looked into the visa and i qualify for 175 skilled, this is where i get confused....:arghh: does OH have to have a separate visa or do we apply for me and he goes on mine? i also have a 12 yr old dtr, does she need separate visa too???

we are looking to go in around 18 months, this gives me time to save enough pennies to ride the storm when we get there.....anyone tell me how much they set off with?

with the 18 month mark in mind when would you suggest we apply for visa? will it run out/expire, do i have a certain amount of time to get out of uk??

i know this has all prob been answered but i cant find all my answers?:goofy:

any new starting from scratch advise will be a great helpxxxxx ty guys xxxxx

Q Can you prove you have been together for more than 1 year?

Q Consider who's profession is on the 'skills in demand list' that person apply if you cant prove you have been together for 1 year.

Q If the £ is weak against the dollar by the time you leave then I'd leave it in the UK bank or leave as much money as you can in the bank until the exchange rate improves (if), just start from scratch out there maybe with just some money then bring over money from house/savings etc.

Q My friends experience: He had to arrive in OZ within 6 months of his visa being granted just to get his passport/visa stamped but now he his back in the Uk he now has up to 5 years to enter and do 2 years full time work.

hope this helps

Guest vinny80

thanks lighbulb thats really helpful. interesting about the visa times, may be worth me looking into that more.

we are both on the demand list, i should be able to prove living together but OH is an electrician and from what i can gather he would stand more chance of getting a sponser than i would, although occupational therapists do get sponsers. i also have more working experience than OH :biggrin:

i have a couple more questions, can some one tell me how much the visa costs in all, 175/176 visa? i have looked on the site but this is jargon to me, just a rough estimate will do, and even better if you can include with and without agent....cheers guys mucho appreciated :tongue:

Guest Lightbulb

My OH is an Electrician also. I am not sure they really want 'regular' electricians either as your partner (if he is a regular lekky) may find when attempting to fill out the 'Vetassess' form for his assessment, DL it and read the questions.

Also dont take anyones word for gospel on here not even mine as we have followed the advice of a couple of people on here and we wasted £160 by doing so as nothing is clear on the websites, no help and no easy steps to follow!!

Ally

Guest vinny80

thanks ally, i will look at the electrician bits on vetassess.

what type of electrican is you OH?

what did you waste your £160 on? :sad:

Guest Lightbulb

WA wanted us to send in 3 pieces of info and 1 out of the three was wrong so they said too bad and try again when you can submit the correct info. no help whatsoever so make sure everything is right, get things proof read etc.

OH is a regular electrician too but the questions they ask are more specific and quite hard !

If you can go in with your occupation-much easier and it might be cheaper as its about £1000 to be assessed as a lekky in the UK before you even submit your interest for a visa!

Check

NT state gov

WA state gov and all the other states in OZ as the each have their own skills shortage requirments.

My profession has come off of the skills shortage list so our option is via my OH unfortunately!

i have a couple more questions, can some one tell me how much the visa costs in all, 175/176 visa? i have looked on the site but this is jargon to me, just a rough estimate will do, and even better if you can include with and without agent....cheers guys mucho appreciated :tongue:

I'm spending just on £5900 on my 176 visa, But saying that it is £2300 on the agent £200 on TRA, £175 on WA state sponsorship, £1700 for 176 Visa app fee and £1500 on police checks and medicals,but there is 5 of us! I feel in my case and agent is worth the money as I needed to get my application in before 1July.