Overseas Police Clearance Certs

Guest kennmikp

Guest kennmikp

Wanna pick the brains of those out there that have the answers or have had dealings with this issue themselves!!!

My wife previously lived overseas for 7 years (CYPRUS) prior to moving back to the UK in 2008.

Does anyone know just how difficult it is to get the required Police Clearance Certificate from the Cypriot Authorities???????? (dealing with their admin set up in the past have been very long and drawn out :mad:).

We dont want this 1 issue to be the anchor in our 456 application.

Many thanks peeps :notworthy:

• 7 months later...
Guest gstuhlpfarrer

Hi, did you manage to get your Police Certificate from Cyprus? I am in the same position as your wife. I lived in Cyprus for 5 and a half years and am now in the UK. I have downloaded the form, but am wondering if they respond straight away. Any help or encouraging words would be appreciated. Thanks...

We live in Spain and will have the same problem. I assume that Cyprus is similar to here. You will have to "roll with it" and let it take its course.

Have you tried speaking to the British Consulate? This is their link http://ukincyprus.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals perhaps they can help you find an easier/quicker way.

Good Luck