176 timeline

I saw another post on here saying 176's lodged before April are being processed within 2 weeks. Does that mean they should still be taking 2 weeks or are we gonna be unlucky and have to wait the full 12 months?

We lodged our 176 online 15th May, WA confirmed SS with DIAC 2 days ago.

xx

Guest mdeejacks
I saw another post on here saying 176's lodged before April are being processed within 2 weeks. Does that mean they should still be taking 2 weeks or are we gonna be unlucky and have to wait the full 12 months?

xx

hello mizz,

cant say for certain but have seen the turnaround times looking pretty quick. i also read that for trades they are flying off the shelf

cheers

jack

Guest mdeejacks
I've noticed too that some trades are getting 176s in 2 months............eeeek, that could be me !

are you a trades person??

Guest mdeejacks
By Australian standards yes, Telecoms Technician is a trade but I am employed as an engineer in the UK ???

hello chardy,

form info i have found it seems they are fast tracking trades personel.

good luck

jack

Guest spela

xx

Hey.

One quick question. You've said that WA confirmed SS 2 days ago (that means after you lodged on DIAC)? You meant that WA confirmed SS to DIAC? Or did you lodge it before WA confirmed SS at all?

I'm asking becouse we are waiting for SS nomination from NT, so we can lodge our 176 before 1st July and we are wondering if we can just lodge it and wait in pipeline that NT confirms SS?

Tnx in advance.

Hey.

One quick question. You've said that WA confirmed SS 2 days ago (that means after you lodged on DIAC)? You meant that WA confirmed SS to DIAC? Or did you lodge it before WA confirmed SS at all?

I'm asking becouse we are waiting for SS nomination from NT, so we can lodge our 176 before 1st July and we are wondering if we can just lodge it and wait in pipeline that NT confirms SS?

Tnx in advance.

You need to state your SS reference in the 176 app so I believe you will have to wait otherwise DIAC will ask for confirmation of the SS and it will fail .......anyone else got a definite on this.?

You need to state your SS reference in the 176 app so I believe you will have to wait otherwise DIAC will ask for confirmation of the SS and it will fail .......anyone else got a definite on this.?

Your right, the state that sponsors you will send notification to DIAC once they have approved sponsorship and you provide the state with your TRN number (you get this when you lodge your app). Unfortunately it makes no difference as to when you lodge your app with DIAC, if you dont have the sponsorship it wont go any faster.

Guest mdeejacks
Hi all

Would a 176 Family sponsored, tradesman get a similar sort of speedy process or do you think it is exclusively for state sponsorship tradies?

Cheers for any info

i expect all trades should expect a quick turnaround as they are so short of trades.

let me know how you get on

cheers

jack

Hello everyone,

I am new on this thread. I needed some advice!

I applied for ACT SS on 1 Feb 2011. on May 6th my SS was refused. Reason being: to get the ACT ss i was to show an amount of $50000 in my account kept there for three months. now i don't have that amount so my agent (who is based in Australia) said in that case i have to show assets in my name which are worth that much and i can prove that i will be able to support myself for the first 6 months in ACT while i am looking for a job. I have a house which i am planning to sell when i will get my visa. so i got my property evaluated and completed all the requirements according to my agent.

My case was filed, now ACT refused the case because of my bank statement and did not give me the waiver.

I am back to square one, i have to go through VETASSESS again, because of the new rules that all skills should be assessed under ANZCO code as oppose to ASCO.

My agents suggest that i should now apply for South Australia SS, as they are not particular about financial capacity.

I am very much confused. Any suggestions ????

Hello everyone,

I am new on this thread. I needed some advice!

I applied for ACT SS on 1 Feb 2011. on May 6th my SS was refused. Reason being: to get the ACT ss i was to show an amount of $50000 in my account kept there for three months. now i don't have that amount so my agent (who is based in Australia) said in that case i have to show assets in my name which are worth that much and i can prove that i will be able to support myself for the first 6 months in ACT while i am looking for a job. I have a house which i am planning to sell when i will get my visa. so i got my property evaluated and completed all the requirements according to my agent.

My case was filed, now ACT refused the case because of my bank statement and did not give me the waiver.

I am back to square one, i have to go through VETASSESS again, because of the new rules that all skills should be assessed under ANZCO code as oppose to ASCO.

My agents suggest that i should now apply for South Australia SS, as they are not particular about financial capacity.

I am very much confused. Any suggestions ????

I'd be inclined to try another state, SA or WA if your occupation is on their list. Bear in mind that SA are not taking any new apps at the moment until the proposed 1st July changes have or not happened.

Thanks for your reply,

My occupation "Project administrator" is only on SA list so i can only try for that state. anyway still a long wait cuz first i have to get through VET ASSESS.

anyway thanks for ur help

Guest lexylou
I submitted online on the 13th May and just got the email confirming I have a case officer and asking me to do medicals/police checks...so that's been 2 working weeks! And I'm not a tradey!

My goodness that was really quick, well done.