RSMS 119 & Employer Nightmare

Meadows73

Hi all

Having taken further advice, through no fault of my own, I am now in a situation that may result in my RSMS visa being cancelled as it looks as though the job contract I have does not match up to the ASCO designation of my visa. For the time being I will still keep working for this employer and pray that DIAC does not investigate this employer in the future.

Guest KrazyCroc
Does anyone know of someone who could offer me advice about my visa and problems with my employer? I only started work yesterday and it is a nightmare already,

I was brought out to work as Medical Administrator and there is no job for that and my employer would not let me start for 8 weeks despite insisting I get here ASAP, I am now working as Assistant in Nursing instead, which is pretty heavy going.

My MIA just says suck it up as I got my visa with an age exemption, and that I should stick out my 2 years, they tell me the pay will be the same, not yet had any pay yet, only just started the job. Is there anything I can do? I am desperate!

Hiya Meadows,

I am very sure that this is out of your control and that you, once again has made a genuine effort to work there as your visa requirements. I wont say that DIAC will not cease your visa , but i am pretty sure that there will be an exception in your case! So dont be affraid to discuss this with DIAC and find out from them if there`s any way to fix this! ANyway, Good luck and all the best!!!

Cheers

• 1 year later...
Hi, I got RSMS visa in August and start my work contract in 1st of September but now my employer is going to close the bussiness from 1 january , so what should i do?. if employer close the business it have effect on me or not. Does DIAC cancel my visa.

You have a permanent visa and you have not broken any of your visa conditions - there is no reason for anyone to cancel your visa. Just find another job and move on with your life, you will be fine.

NWM