The dream is over

B1K3R

Wife booked ticket back to home for next week and she will be taking our daughter.

I really tried my best to make things happen, its been a long journey of sacrifices and financial difficulty but nothing stopped me until now. There was a little probability that wife would not stick to OZ and give it the best try.

Everything was going well, I'm settled and enjoying my new job, moved to a new rental 15 mins from the city, little one really enjoying her school, friends and oz and the weekends were always awesome. If you are wondering why, it boils down to mental, phychological and emotional instability.

I won't be going back, at least not for now. This is one of the sadiest days of my life, I accept it though, it's part if life.

I truly wish all the best luck to everyone and may all your dreams come true.

Cheers

Guest Ph0en1x
Wife booked ticket back to home for next week and she will be taking our daughter.

I really tried my best to make things happen, its been a long journey of sacrifices and financial difficulty but nothing stopped me until now. There was a little probability that wife would not stick to OZ and give it the best try.

Everything was going well, I'm settled and enjoying my new job, moved to a new rental 15 mins from the city, little one really enjoying her school, friends and oz and the weekends were always awesome. If you are wondering why, it boils down to mental, phychological and emotional instability.

I won't be going back, at least not for now. This is one of the sadiest days of my life, I accept it though, it's part if life.

I truly wish all the best luck to everyone and may all your dreams come true.

Cheers

I'm very sorry to hear it hasn't worked out. You are very right its mental, phychological and emotional instability. I have encountered this at first hand.

Having said that there must be other underlying issues, why aren't you returning with your family? As much as i want to return i would never contemplate it without my wife, to me it has to be a joint decision

Guest siamsusie

Dear Biker,

Sending you all my thoughts....its early days.. a bit of space is probably required and take it from there.

:hug:Susie x

Your journey was allways gonna be difficult biker,i think you said as much pre oz,your mrs sort of "went along" with your dreams it sounded like tbh,she tried and its not for her,same thing could happen with me and jan.....who knows?,one might love oz the other might hate oz,IF thats the case we've agreed we'l BOTH come home(thats the plan anyway!).

But anyway.....sorry it hasnt worked out for yer,maybe next time?but your family is more important than countries as you'l agree,BIG compensation in my eyes that,all the best anyway

Guest SunshineSmile

Im very sorry to hear things have not worked out for you and your wife....

Let the dust settle a little, then you may be able to see your way forward more clearly.

I truely hope you can work things through and be together with your wife and daughter

:hug:

So sorry that your family is being split up like this, it must be very difficult - I hope that you can see some sort of compromise in the future, people are so much more important than places in the long run.

Kudos to you for letting your wife leave with your daughter, sadly so many remaining parents are not as magnanimous

Guest The Pom Queen

Sorry to hear this news, there are plenty on here who would be there to support you through if you ask.

However, please don't give up just yet, like someone else said let the dust settle and see how you feel.

Hugs

K

Guest guest30038

Mate, I really feel for you :hug:

Your journey was difficult from the start and you certainly don't deserve more heartache after all the struggle to get here.

If you ever fancy a drive out Northside and an ear to bend, or a beer to sink, I'm here for you. Just shoot me a pm when you're up this way, and I'll enlighten you as to my younger years down Strait St :wink:

Good luck mate with whatever course your life may follow.

kev

Guest The Ropey HOFF

This sounds like my situation, i was a £10 pom in 1977 and cried off at the last minute, but i always dreaned about emigrating, but the wife is only 50/50 and i feel i am pushing her into going, but i don't want her to be unhappy. Really sorry to hear this mate, your story was one that gave me more enthusiasm. All the best buddy, i hope things pick up.

Having said that there must be other underlying issues, why aren't you returning with your family? As much as i want to return i would never contemplate it without my wife, to me it has to be a joint decision

Hi Ph0en1x,

I'm not the type to abandon my family. Never, and I would not want my daughter to be without a father, well at least, these are my believes.

So the reasons why I will stay here until next year are to:

1. Back home, there are no good jobs for me. I have spent all my money to come here and thus will stay here until I save enough, pay my debts and are back on our feet.

2. With my new job in Brisbane, I am learning a lot with new skills. So this is an opportunity for me to up my skills and know the latest technologies. Then, when I go back home ( :cry: ) I wont find a problem finding a good job and support my family.

3. Last, which is not very important really, but its more for my selfish need....I want to at least achieve my goal of being in OZ for 1 year.

For the first 2 really, the 3rd reason just follows as a result of the others, but is welcomed.

Cheers

B!K3R