criminal record

mclean

got our case officer and doing our meds i have a criminal record from 1998 our agent said not to worry but it is always at the back of your mind didnt do any jail time but community service it was serious assualt any one else got in with the same charge:frown:

As long as you declared the offence in your application it shouldn't present too many problems. The rule of thumb seems to be that a custodial sentence of one year or more (although I think that people have still got in with this anyway). I'm guessing that it depends on the offence too and e.g. they'd probably frown on someone who didn't get a custodial sentence but whose police check comes up with repeated criminal activity. When submitting your police checks, perhaps also submit a leter from yourself about the offence/circumstances and how you've changed. If your agent has said not to worry then try not too. As long as you've declared it, it should be ok.

Don't worry, you will be fine. Australia is full of criminals, its famous for it :biggrin:

Mmm ... not quite sure how to take this post, perhaps you're just trying to lighten the mood lol.

I'm sure the OP will be grateful for any specific information you have - did you have similar circumstances?

Guest Ph0en1x
Mmm ... not quite sure how to take this post, perhaps you're just trying to lighten the mood lol.

I'm sure the OP will be grateful for any specific information you have - did you have similar circumstances?

Yep, light hearted, DIAC are only interested in criminal records if they atrracted a prison sentence of more than 12 months

Archived