nurse (odp) and scaffolder need help on visa route!! please

Guest suggd9

Guest suggd9

Hi all

We are new to the site and we are looking for some advice on migration.

i am an advance scaffolding supervisor in the oil and gas field and my wife is a anestetics nurse of 4 years.

why wifes farther passed away in january and he was the only reason we could not go ahead with our plans to migrate but now we wish to do so and have saved up some money we have not got a clue were to start.

we know my wifes job is on the skilled wanted list but we dont know which visa aplication will be best for us. i am 28 and she is 27 and we have a 1 year old son.

should we apply for full usponsored visa aor sponsored visa? which is quicker? how much money will we need? is their any thing we should know about that will block us?

we are both hard working and fit an well, and would like to start wich ever procces we need too as soon as possible, is their a certaint agent we should use?

so many question!!:wacko:any help would be much apreciated as we have done a little research be have been told this is the best place to get good advice

many thanks

danny karen and tommy

ps we are looking to migrate to the perth area

Guest siamsusie

Welcome to Poms In Oz SuggD9.

We have many members who are nurses over in Perth who will be delighted to assist you , it shouldnt take too long to get a response.

With very best wishes

Susie x

Hi,

For peace of mind especially with a little one I would look into the 175 or 176 permanent residency visa. They do take longer, approx 12-24 months but at least you will not have the worry of if your job falls through you will either need to seek another sponsor urgently or leave Australia. You can find out lots of information about these visas on the DIAC website and on this forum.

I am a surgical nurse and am applying for the 175 PR visa as the main applicant.

Firstly i needed to sit the IELTS exam

and score at least 7 in all 4 areas. This cost £115

At the moment I am waiting for my skills to be assessed with the ANMAC which is costing approx £440 for the full assessment though I think the charge has just gone up. The waiting time for this is up to 16 weeks.

Once I have my letter of determination from the ANMAC I can then apply for 175 visa which costs approx £1700. Towards the end of your visa process you will be allocated a case officer and you will each have to have Medicals and police checks. I believe these are around £600-£900 for your family but I have not really looked into that part of things too much yet.

Hope some of this helps

Kind regards