Sign in to follow this  
Guest izzie

Please, please help!! 457 Visa, non-migrating parent.

Guest izzie

Hi all,

Please can someone help. I am in Australia on a 457 visa. My partner is trying to obtain his 457 visa also, he is still in the UK. He will be coming to do the same job as me for the same company, so that is not an issue.

However, we've run into an issue...my partner has a 15 year old son, who he is bringing with him. He has lived with his dad (my partner) since he and his wife divorced 11 years ago. The mum is happy for him to come and has signed form 1229 - however the Migration Agents we are using are asking for more details...he doesn't have anything much else, there are some court papers, but nothing relating to custody as this was agreed informally between them and there was no court order in this respect. He submitted a letter that the mum had written, but for some reason the Migration Agent said he couldn't use that - even though the guidance for the 457 application says you can - very confusing.

Can anybody please give me some guidance about what else we can submit with the application, time is getting tight now and we can't afford to wait much longer.

Appreciate any help or support, I miss him and want him out here ASAP :unsure:

Guest siamsusie
Hi all,

Please can someone help. I am in Australia on a 457 visa. My partner is trying to obtain his 457 visa also, he is still in the UK. He will be coming to do the same job as me for the same company, so that is not an issue.

However, we've run into an issue...my partner has a 15 year old son, who he is bringing with him. He has lived with his dad (my partner) since he and his wife divorced 11 years ago. The mum is happy for him to come and has signed form 1229 - however the Migration Agents we are using are asking for more details...he doesn't have anything much else, there are some court papers, but nothing relating to custody as this was agreed informally between them and there was no court order in this respect. He submitted a letter that the mum had written, but for some reason the Migration Agent said he couldn't use that - even though the guidance for the 457 application says you can - very confusing.

Can anybody please give me some guidance about what else we can submit with the application, time is getting tight now and we can't afford to wait much longer.

Appreciate any help or support, I miss him and want him out here ASAP :unsure:

Hi Izzie,

I am bumping this up for you.. I am sure there are a fair few members that have gone through something similar and will be able to help you.

Best wishes

Susie x