Query about 457 sponsership visa

paulette

My son is hoping to get a company to sponser him on a 457 visa in Australia the last company he worked for employed him for 7 months as he didnt realise he could only be employed for the 6 months does any body know if this will effect his application for the 457 visa

My son is hoping to get a company to sponser him on a 457 visa in Australia the last company he worked for employed him for 7 months as he didnt realise he could only be employed for the 6 months does any body know if this will effect his application for the 457 visa

Hi Paulette.

first of all welcome to PIO.

I dont think that it will affect the application, but you will be asked if he has previously overstayed on the 457 application.

Always be honest in the whole application otherwise it can come back and bite you on the bum later!

To be 100% sure, I would however suggest speaking to a migration agent or maybe even send an email to immigration.

Hi Furkew

Thank you for answering my question

Sorry i didnt make it clear he has only been on a working holiday visa previously this will be his first application for the 457 he has never overstayed but on his 2nd year working visa he was only supposed to be employed for 6 months but was employed for 7 months, thats what he is wondering about

He needs to proceed with caution as he has breached his Working Holiday visa condition.

The 6 months work limitation is the main condition on this visa, so simply saying that he didn’t realize is quite a poor excuse.

Archived