176 app on hold til baby is born.. How long after?

176 eVisa has been lodged. Case Officer has been assigned. Supporting docs have been uploaded. Had an email from CO confirming that everything we have sent to date is sufficient and that our application will be put on hold until after our baby is born at the end of Sept. If anyone else has been through a similar process, could you share with me roughly how long afterwards did the process take. We plan to register her birth asap. Does a birth cert alone suffice or will we need to get her a passport as well. Once we've notified our CO of her birth, I will then be able to go for my medicals & we'll submit our police checks at the same time. How long should it take after that to get an answer.

Cheers

176 eVisa has been lodged. Case Officer has been assigned. Supporting docs have been uploaded. Had an email from CO confirming that everything we have sent to date is sufficient and that our application will be put on hold until after our baby is born at the end of Sept. If anyone else has been through a similar process, could you share with me roughly how long afterwards did the process take. We plan to register her birth asap. Does a birth cert alone suffice or will we need to get her a passport as well. Once we've notified our CO of her birth, I will then be able to go for my medicals & we'll submit our police checks at the same time. How long should it take after that to get an answer.

Cheers

Hi

We are in exactly the same position we have lodged our visa and awaiting a CO but our baby is due 3 July. At what point did you mention the baby, when you got a CO? How long did it take for you to get a CO after lodging?

Thanks

We got our case officer on 16.4.11 and my baby was already 2 days late! He arrived on 20.04.11. We then had to register his birth and get his passport. We sent these to our agent and completed form 1022 (change of circumstance) who forwarded these onto our case officer. We couldn't do our medicals until we had his passport ( meds were actually completed 21.5.11), so now we're waiting for them to be uploaded so we can get our decision.

Hope this helps.

Natalie

We got our case officer on 16.4.11 and my baby was already 2 days late! He arrived on 20.04.11. We then had to register his birth and get his passport. We sent these to our agent and completed form 1022 (change of circumstance) who forwarded these onto our case officer. We couldn't do our medicals until we had his passport ( meds were actually completed 21.5.11), so now we're waiting for them to be uploaded so we can get our decision.

Hope this helps.

Natalie

Thanks Natalie so you had to have the baby's passport as well before you could go ahead with your medicals?

Hi,

We had ours put on hold while my wife was pregnant as well - having already been assigned a CO.

The little chap was born on 23rd June 2010 and we got him registered the same week. We also had to get a passport for him, which was submitted and returned within a 2 week period (I think). We sorted out police certificates, completed the change of circumstance form and had our medials on 30th July. It was then on 26th August that we received the email saying that our visa had been granted.

Hope all that helped - doesn't seem to be long if you already have a CO assigned.

Nick.

Guest Harry A

Cheers

We was in the same situation, we got assigned CO in Feb this year and my wife was 6 months pregnant.

We done the police checks, but waited till the baby was born before we booked meds.

Got baby registered and applied for passport immediately, scanned details and sent them across to CO, meds booked for the 1st June!

New baby on application now and only a week to go! hopefully get to hear good news soon after.

All the best for the future with the baby!

Thanks Natalie so you had to have the baby's passport as well before you could go ahead with your medicals?

Yes, you need the baby's passport as it's required at the medicals. We did the check and send at the post office and it was back in 9 days!

Hi

We are in exactly the same position we have lodged our visa and awaiting a CO but our baby is due 3 July. At what point did you mention the baby, when you got a CO? How long did it take for you to get a CO after lodging?

Thanks

Hiya. We lodged our visa at the end of March & our CO was assigned at the beginning of May. We received an email from our CO requesting our supporting docs, we uploaded them and responded with an emailing her informing her that I was pregnant and due in September.

Guest firefly1

Hi all,

Just wondering at what point do we mention about the baby. Is it when the CO requests for medicals?

Thanks,

firefly

Yeah, they have a medical, but very basic just to check heart, joints, etc. They don't have an x-ray and I don't seem to remember any bloods being taken.

We told our CO about being pregnant when we found out we had one assigned. They also requested the medicals at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all we've just submitted our 176 application 3 days ago and my wife is 6 months pregnant. Whilst we know we will have to wait until after baby is born before meds are done- what we don't know is how much it costs to add a new baby onto the application?

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks

Ben

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

We were in the same situation last year. We lodged our visa May 2010 and shortly after found out I was pregnant. We advised DIAC when we got to 12 weeks of the pregnancy and when we were allocated a CO in November 2010 we were given 4 months to submit all of our medicals & police checks (including the baby) instead of the usual 28 days. We were advised to send off for our police certificates at the start of the year and we got them back mid January i think.

Our baby was born at the end of January this year and we emailed the CO the baby's full name and DOB so she could be included on the visa app. Think we may have done a Change of Circumstance form too. We registered the birth within the first week and got her a passport by two weeks old. We then went for our meds on 2nd March, our meds were finalised on 7th March and we got our visa on 10th March.

My advice is to get the baby registered and passport done as soon as you can after the birth and book your medicals in advance if you can.

We were due on 27th Jan and therefore we gave ourselves a month after the due date to book the meds just in case the baby was two weeks late. Our baby arrived 2 days later so was only just 4 weeks old when we did the meds. They don't do much with the baby, just a quick check-over, ask you if the birth was normal, any complications, etc.

Cheers

Claire

Hi all we've just submitted our 176 application 3 days ago and my wife is 6 months pregnant. Whilst we know we will have to wait until after baby is born before meds are done- what we don't know is how much it costs to add a new baby onto the application?

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks

Ben

Hi Ben

It doesn't cost anything to add a baby to the visa app if the visa has not been granted.

If the visa was already granted and you had not yet moved to Australia and then had another baby you would have to obtain a child visa which you do have to pay for.

Ta

Claire

You can, but they advise not having the medicals done if you are pregnant - they need to perform an x-ray as part of it.

And also if you did you would still have to go back after the baby was born to have the x-ray and to have the baby meds done. So if you live a long way from the panel doctors you would end up paying for 2 trips, hotels, etc.

Best to wait and all go at once if you can.

we are due to have our medicals next friday but have found out I am now pregnant emailed case officer for her advice but it says 7 days possibly for a reply...do you think the medical centre will charge a cancellation fee?

How deffinate is it that we will get a visa if we wait till after the baby is born? dont want to mess things up as we were told w could prob have visa by sept this year..obv now things have changed..does it just get referred ? we wont lose the case officer will we?

• 1 month later...
Guest firefly1

Hi All,

We have been asked by CO to submit doctor's letter mentioning baby's due date to get extension. Is there any particular format for this letter? What does it need to mention. If anyone has got this letter kindly help.

regards,

firefly