Statutory declaration

Guest csmyth86

Guest csmyth86

Hey guys, so ahpra have got back to me within 4 weeks of receiving my application, they have asked me to sign a declaration to state my secondary and tertiary education was taught and assessed in English, now I'm confused about who needs to sign it, does it have to be a JOP again? Also they have said my university transcript is not in depth enough, I have been to the university to have a look at what they sent and there is nothing else that could be included as it stated all grades, clinical hours, theory hours and how long for each subject, when I asked aphra to clarify what they were looking for exactly they said it dosnt show hours in pharmacology!!! So as my course did not include theory in pharmacology and the uni have assured me this is not a requirement for nursing. What do I do now I cang give them summit I havnt got, I'm confused. Sorry for the long post but hope someone can help? Oh and they gave me 7 days to submit the declaration and new amended transcript, luckily I got an extension

Thanks in advance

Charmaine

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Charmaine

Maybe drop them a line and see if they can advise you further, are you already over here or still overseas?

Kate

Guest csmyth86

Hi Kate, thank you for your reply. I have spoken with ahpra and they want an email from the university I attended stating that I have undertaken the core subjects they require, when I asked the university to do this they said they wouldn't be happy to do this encase it led me to not get registered as they are asking for pharmacology and this was not included in my course. I don't know what to do next for the best.

Also I was under the impression that you only had to send proof that your secondary education was in English, but ahpra have requested proof that my university was taught and assessed in English too so I have to sign a declaration.

I am still in the uk, has anyone else had this problem with ahpra? I am really worried because at the moment I am not going to get registered unless the uni state I have done pharmacology, which they are not because I havnt done it, it's swings and roundabouts.

Hope someone can help

Charmaine

Guest tandcmum

just wondering when you did your training? Pharmacology should have been a part of it as that is part of nursing but it may not have been as a direct taught module called Pharmacology but was part of another aspect of your training. Did you not get assessed on medicines management or anything?

One thing you may be able to do which some people who have not been able to get transcripts have done is get the NMC to write a letter stating thatyour course meets the european regulations for nurse training which is a level that is set and i think acceptable to AHPRA as that means it includes all the aspects or theory and practical that they require

As for your education i have a bit on my transcripts that states english was the language of instruction and examination so that covers me for my uni education , but i wil need to do a statutory declaration for my secondry education as although i have all my certificates the school no longer has records and won't write me a letter

Guest csmyth86

Hey tandc I completed my training 2009. I remember doing drug calculations and What types if medications were for what etc etc, but this was taught in a different class, I don't remember the exact name but say it was in nursing studies class, would this be enough? My uni have said they are nit happy to state I have done this because I have nit done a module called pharmacology, although I did this in theory and practice, it wasn't called this- pharmacology.

Guest robnnic

Hi guys,

i can't help so i'm not gonna pretend i can...i dunno what i would do...what uni did you both go to? i guess the drug module would be the management module (we did the drug rounds on this one) but again it doesn't help if uni won't put their name to it. i haven't got the the stage of AHPRA yet, but do you apply for different things...is that to do with the code thing we had to document?

I would have thought someone else would have come across this if it was a regular issue...unless it is one particular university sending poor transcripts.

Hugs

Nic

Guest csmyth86

Hey guys, I went to Glasgow Caledonian university, I asked the university have they ever had this problem before and they've said they havnt, I'm so peed off lol. hey paddy123 they have asked me for Pharmacology, Microbiology, Anatomy, Physiology, Medical and Surgical Nursing. And my uni have told them how much practical and theory I've done and in what subjects etc they even have all my grades for each exam I did. I think they want blood lol. The thing is I have done all the subjects mentioned, but they were not called that if you know wat I mean/ like in my anatomy and physiology module I also covered microbiology etc. That's why the uni wont confirm this because ahpra want them to state I've done a pharmacology module etc, I'm confusing myself a bit here so I must be confusing others. I've emailed ahpra again to ask wat other options I have if the uni won't send them wat they are looking for. I have never heard of any uk nurses not being able to register, I thot if u were trained in uk you could transfere to oz fairly easy, but hey ho it's just another hurdle.

At least we are all having probs with ahpra and I appreciate all your help xx

Charmaine

Guest Paddy123

Hi Charmaine,

I went to Dundee uni - maybe its a Scottish thing! Anyways the lady who deals with all transcripts says she has done loads for oz and never been asked that before!! She replied to my case officer today at Perth and said that she could confirm that she same modules as you mentioned, were covered in my nurse training. Will hopefully find out Monday if that okay. Here's hoping. Have to do a stat declaration too stating that I was taught and educated in English - although it says on uni transcripts that I have been - they want one for o grades and highers etc (sent all certs too!). What a carry on!!! xx

Guest csmyth86

Hey paddy, it may well be a Scottish thing right enough lol. I hope they accept what your uni have sent them. Let me know hoy you get on.

Hi All,

I have been having this sort of problem with ahpra for months, I trained at Napier university Edinburgh started February 1999, my husband who trained in London at exactly the same time same diploma only less points has already been working here in Australia for 6months.

They would like a breakdown of exactly how many hours of theory and practice I did in aged care nursing, mental health nursing, surgical and medical nursing, I didn't do much if any aged care as I did child health branch, the uni are taking forever to sort it out they promised to post it at christmas but AHPRA still haven't received it yet?

• 5 weeks later...
Guest nadiamurray

Hi guys , I am in the same position as well. I trained at Napier Uni as well. AHPRA received my documents and stateted they need more information regarding anatomy and physiology, microbiology and pharmacology so the Uni sent them more inf now AHPRA are saying they need a letter from napier saying that I have qualified and that my studies were taught and assessed in English!!! I am totally stressed by this all especially when it is other people you are having to rely on. And breathe now!! its good to know I am not alone

Thanks Nadia x

Guest csmyth86

Hey guys, thot I would update this thread on how I'm getting on with ahpra, well after a whole lot of phone calls, letters and trips to the uni, they agreed to send an email to ahpra to confirm I had covered pharmacology, anatomy and physiology, microbiology, aged care nursing, mental health and medical and surgical nursing (I'm convinced they think we got our qualifications in a corn flakes box). After this hurdle came another- I was informed that the stat dec that was sent to me directly from ahpra was infact the wrong one, so after me paying yet another £30 to have it sent by UPS just to make sure it gets there it was a waste of my time and money. I have sent the correct one and they received it over a week ago and I've heard nothing so far but fingers crossed it won't be too long now.

Charmaine