and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest everton123

s501 issue of notice of intention co consider refusal s501

Guest everton123

Hi

can anyone shed some light on the proccedure after receiving this notice..

Guest Ph0en1x

Looks like you have failed the character test, i believe you have 9 days to appeal

Guest sivakumar
Hi

can anyone shed some light on the proccedure after receiving this notice..

This direction applies to decision-makers performing functions or exercising powers under section 501 of the Act to refuse to grand a visa to, or to cancel a visa of, a person who does not satisfy the Minister that the person passes the Character Test

For more info..... http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/79-ministerial-direction-41.pdf

Guest everton123

my agent said he was going to contact a barrister and let me know the outcome..

So does this go to a pannel of some sort to decide if i failed or have i alreddy failed. the notice says Notice of intention to consider refusal..

Guest Ph0en1x
my agent said he was going to contact a barrister and let me know the outcome..

So does this go to a pannel of some sort to decide if i failed or have i alreddy failed. the notice says Notice of intention to consider refusal..

Have they sent you any information in regards to what your appeal process might be ? Do you have a substantial criminal record?

I can't answer your question outright and this is something for a skilled migration lawyer. A year or so ago they posted a link on here to the outcome of ministerial appeals which gave a good oversight of successful and unsuccessful cases -try looking at fact sheet 79 on the DIAC site and perhaps doing a trawl through some of the threads on here. could try this if it works....all the best http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinosrch.cgi?method=any&query=bad+character+assessmet&meta=%2Fau&mask_path=au%2Fcases%2Fcth%2FMRTA

Moved back to Perth in May 2013.