pet carriers from ireland

Guest donnie

Guest donnie

Hi everyone

could i get some recommendations on pet carriers from Ireland to Australia please also after the 30days when dog finished quarantine in sydney how do i organise flying him to brisbane ? any help appreciated.

Hi everyone

could i get some recommendations on pet carriers from Ireland to Australia please also after the 30days when dog finished quarantine in sydney how do i organise flying him to brisbane ? any help appreciated.

Hi donnie

I'm a Vet ..so fussy! just shipped back a dog and two cats...DOGS

I used ..for flight - Heathrow to Sydney..'Petair' http://www.petairuk.com/ They will guide you through the process.

***Please note**..Whilst in quarantine, your dog will be in a smallish cage with no run. You must arrange a dog walker to walk your dog a few times a week otherwise it will remain in the cage for the whole duration....We used ('dogs get physical') for this. They will send you photo's and keep you updated after they walk your dog..We found them excellent.

email: petsgetphysical@gmail.com.....(SYDNEY)

We used Dogtainers to fly them from Sydney to Brisbane. Excellent!

http://www.dogtainers.com.au

Hope this helps

Rach

Oh I can't help with costing as dogs prices vary on size. they will make a bespoke crate to fit you're dog.

Pretty sure petair can arrange from Ireland. run by 'Luke Gamble' the TV vet, fellow vet and friend.

petsgetphysical will give you a cost via email.

Oh dog was fine! arrived happy healthy and in one piece!!!

Guest MontyClaude

Hi Donnie,

I'm in Ireland and sending 2 dogs and 2 cats to Melbourne in October. I found it quite hard to get quotes from here and any I got were ridiculous. We're bringing them over to the UK ourselves and sending them from there. This is also what my vet recommended! If I can help with anything just give me a shout.

Guest donnie

Hi Montyclaude

are you bringing dog on same flight as you then. We are going end of june but would not bring dog over for about 6 mths later. There is a lot involved isnt there.

Guest sallyhen
Hi everyone

Try Pets on the move, they have been great dealing with our friends dog from Ireland, they are collection and delivering to Heathrow, this saves on the cost of a flight and overnight quarantine in heathrow.:biggrin:

Admin Note: This post originates from the same static IP address that 'Pets on the move' use. The same IP address has also been used by another member to promote the company in question. Members are free to draw their own conclusions.

Guest MontyClaude

Hi Donnie, they are going about a week before us. There is some amount of paperwork to fill in, probably more than our visas! Can't wait for us all to be there.

Guest CarlyG

We are also in Ireland and using K International for our dog to travel to Sydney next week. So far everything is on track and they have been good to deal with. I agree there is a lot to think about. We did not use our usual vet as they were not familiar with the process and I would definitely recommend, he's in Swords, I can root out the phone number if you're interested in that. Will let you know how our dog gets on in the next few weeks. Not sure about internal flights in oz. Best of luck.

Hi donnie

***Please note**..Whilst in quarantine, your dog will be in a smallish cage with no run. You must arrange a dog walker to walk your dog a few times a week otherwise it will remain in the cage for the whole duration....We used ('dogs get physical') for this. They will send you photo's and keep you updated after they walk your dog..We found them excellent.

They do have an outside run although not very big (4.5 by 1.5m or 4m by 2.2m for bigger dogs) so if you can afford a dog walker sounds a good idea, I have 2 Jack Russels who are going to go crazy in that small space. Hope they give them some toys to pass the time!

• 6 months later...
Try Pets on the move, they have been great dealing with our friends dog from Ireland, they are collection and delivering to Heathrow, this saves on the cost of a flight and overnight quarantine in heathrow.:biggrin:

Admin note: The above member works for Pets on the Move (confirmed by registration IP address) so the impartiality of this post *may* be in question.

Guest The Pom Queen
Admin note: The above member works for Pets on the Move (confirmed by registration IP address) so the impartiality of this post *may* be in question.

Another one, jee business must be slow if they have to pretend to be satisfied customers, I wouldn't like them shipping my pets.

• 3 weeks later...