LRR & Medicals/Police Checks

Arilla

Hi All

My first posting but have been following for a few months and its a great forum with lots of useful information. I applied for my LLR visa last year from offshore and have queue date which would put me in the 1.5 to 2.5 years bracket (based on the table http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/other-family-visa-queue.htm ). Not great but better than the 6 years that it looked like it could be. However I have already done the medicals and the police check (at the request of the CO) before it all went pear shaped around July. So my question is what do you think the likelyhood is of having to do them again - not bothered redoing but at a few houndred quid a time it's not a cheap process. I have asked if there would be a refund but the responce was (understandably) guarded as it said '...as appropriate...'.

Also does anyone know if there will be a queue like the parent visa that tells you how many people are ahead of you? And if I can stretch to one more - when will the immi site be updated to reflect 2011-2012 figures and priorities.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Arilla

Archived