Visa Medical needed for daughter I haven't had contact with for 6 years

Guest Nat Rennie

Guest Nat Rennie

Hi

Having just come back from an initial consultation with the emigration group to start the Visa process, we were most shocked to be told that my husbands daughter from his first marriage will also need a full medical. Only in the last 3 weeks have they finally exchanged emails after no contact for 6 years. She is 12 and the divorce and contact has been very difficult. The agent reassured us that as long as we can prove we have tried to get her to have a medical then we should be okay, but can anyone advise if they've been in a similar situation? Not sure I'd be too keen for my kids to undergo a Xray, blood tests etc for no medical purpose, so I'm pretty sure she won't agree. What kind of proof is needed to show we've tried? :unsure: Thanks Nat

Loads of people will have been in this situation. I guess you have to request and document that you have done so and then you will probably need to make a statutory declaration that mother willnot allow it. I don't think children have blood tests, it is a less thorough medical for children.

Guest milliebooboo

Hi... weve just been through exactly this. The best way is to see a solicitor and ask her to write a letter to the mother explaining the child needs a medical. If the mother signs the form to say she refuses to let the child have a medical then thats ok. Its a legal document so immigration are happy with that. Hope this helps, dont worry, its a resolvable situation.

Millie x

Guest mcginlm72

I applied for residency (de-facto/spouse visa) in 2007 I initally thought I would need to get a medical for my then 14 year old daughter who was living back in the UK with her father. When I explained to our immigration case worker that she was not going to be on our visa they told me she would not need to take a medical and that was that she never did. I gave them her father's details so they could contact him to confirm this they never did.

Hi

Having just come back from an initial consultation with the emigration group to start the Visa process, we were most shocked to be told that my husbands daughter from his first marriage will also need a full medical. Only in the last 3 weeks have they finally exchanged emails after no contact for 6 years. She is 12 and the divorce and contact has been very difficult. The agent reassured us that as long as we can prove we have tried to get her to have a medical then we should be okay, but can anyone advise if they've been in a similar situation? Not sure I'd be too keen for my kids to undergo a Xray, blood tests etc for no medical purpose, so I'm pretty sure she won't agree. What kind of proof is needed to show we've tried? :unsure: Thanks Nat

I could be wrong, but kids dont need x-ray and blood tests. Just a physical medical.