Old medical issue - should i say anything???

Guest hrimmer3011

Guest hrimmer3011

Hi there, just a little question for you all on this bright and sunny morning in the UK :biggrin: We are going for meds in June, I was born (along time ago now!!) with a small VSD (small hole in heart) have never had any problems at all, no medical treatment etc etc, I was formally discharged from being an outpatient when I was 16 (no longer had to had check ups) as the hole had closed and I therefore had a normal healthy heart like all other people. Now that was back in 1984. I have never seen a doctor etc since, so since being formally discharged in 1984 there are no records/medical reports as we have moved alot and my current gp does not have records etc for me going back that far, so my question is to you more experienced people out there - on my medical form which I will be filling in over that the weekend, on the question "do you have a heart condition?" what should i put?? I was going to put NO to that question as I do not have a heart condition...... what do you guys think????? Cheers for any info/advice in advance Helen

Well it doesn't say 'have you ever had a heart condition' the question is posed in the present so answer honestly. If you don't have a heart condition now say no.

They are looking for things that might cost OZ a lot of money to treat especially in the first few years, ie before you have paid into the system.

I honestly don't think you need to declare it now.

Archived