and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest stormgal

has anyone here ever...

Guest stormgal

has anyone here ever gotten re-evaluated for two or more occupations by the same agency?

For instance, I have been working with the same company for many years (since I was a kid, in fact) with many different responsibilities. My duties encompass a lot and have changed over time.

Long story short, I would like to submit my application for assessment, but considering the fact that July 1 is quickly approaching, I am afraid they may replace the SOL to accommodate the new system and my occupation may be removed. If this is the case, I may be able to apply for another occupation, but I'm afraid the agency may look at that with a bit of suspicion.

I want to wait, but my supervisors have already written the recommendations and I dont' want these to be old and dated. At the same time, I don't want to waste money on a useless positive assessment (if that should be the case)

Any thoughts, or opinions?:idea:

What exactly is your occupation at the moment which you fear might be removed from the SOL? It is a line call really at this stage...because we're approaching June, there's no guarantee that all documents would be in order by 30 June...and even then, DIAC's acknowledgement date is usually counted as lodgement...

885 Lodged: 14-Dec-2011, Meds and PCC front-loaded CO: 23-Jan-2012 Grant: 10-Jan-13 Citizenship Lodged: 24-Feb-14 Citizenship Test passed: 14-Mar-14