Absent fathers permission?

Guest shelly0121

Guest shelly0121

Hi does any one know if i still need an absent fathers permission for me to emigrate? my daughter was born in 2004 and his name is on birth certificate,but hasn't seen her for 6 years and doesn't contribute financially for her.

Many thanks

Guest Guest 47403

You do need his permission if you know where he is and can contact him, however if he hasn't paid any CSA or seen your daughter for 6 years I should imagine you will have no problem in court if he will not give you a letter of consent for her to move, there are a few people that have been through the court process on here I'm sure they'll come along soon enough to give you some good advice.

My sister didn't know where the father to her daughter lived, he hadn't contributed for years or seen her. She wanted to change her name so it wasn't his surname anymore, the courts did it pretty easily. She made attempts to find him to no avail and they were satisfied with this. Then 2yrs later he appears again, nothing he can do now. Not sure if that helps!