To Oz or not to Oz

Gazbaz1

Firstly I am new to this and thank you for reading my first post.

I am currently employed within the UK as a construction site engineer, as everyone will know the construction industry has suffered over the past few years and I am absolutely fed up of living to work in the UK.

I have a friend who is currently working and living in Brisbane, I received a phonecall from him a few weeks ago with reference to a possible job offer with the company that he works for.

I am engaged (to be married in July) we have 2 great children my son is 6 nearly 7 & my daughter is 5. We have booked some flights for March next year to visit Brisbane and hopefully my Fiancee will enjoy Oz and say yes to a move out there.

I have asked my friend a good few questions and also his boss. but whilst on here I have come across a lot of different terminology.

My fiancee and I currently earn approx £36000 per annum (incl Tax credits/Child Benefits) we are soon to lose our tax credits due to the childrens ages. If I were to receive a job offer It would be on a 457 Visa and my package would be approx $90000 inc car,gym,phone,laptop and other benefits. I have been told it would be approx $70000 after taking these things into consideration.

I am after advise as to wether we would be able to manage on my income to start, would it be possible for my fiancee to get a job. Is their anymore information that people can provide me with. any questions that they have had answered themselves that they think I should be asking.

Thank you again

Firstly I am new to this and thank you for reading my first post.

I am currently employed within the UK as a construction site engineer, as everyone will know the construction industry has suffered over the past few years and I am absolutely fed up of living to work in the UK.

I have a friend who is currently working and living in Brisbane, I received a phonecall from him a few weeks ago with reference to a possible job offer with the company that he works for.

I am engaged (to be married in July) we have 2 great children my son is 6 nearly 7 & my daughter is 5. We have booked some flights for March next year to visit Brisbane and hopefully my Fiancee will enjoy Oz and say yes to a move out there.

I have asked my friend a good few questions and also his boss. but whilst on here I have come across a lot of different terminology.

My fiancee and I currently earn approx £36000 per annum (incl Tax credits/Child Benefits) we are soon to lose our tax credits due to the childrens ages. If I were to receive a job offer It would be on a 457 Visa and my package would be approx $90000 inc car,gym,phone,laptop and other benefits. I have been told it would be approx $70000 after taking these things into consideration.

I am after advise as to wether we would be able to manage on my income to start, would it be possible for my fiancee to get a job. Is their anymore information that people can provide me with. any questions that they have had answered themselves that they think I should be asking.

Thank you again

Hi there, Im also in the construction industry in Brisbane as a QS. I found it very difficult to get work at first so you are lucky in that respect that you have a job. I earn roughly the same as what you are being offered I can get by fine, although im single no kids etc. I cant really say on yur situation if you would be fine as Im unsure of childcare costs, schools etc. but hope this may have helped a bit

Hi there, Im also in the construction industry in Brisbane as a QS. I found it very difficult to get work at first so you are lucky in that respect that you have a job. I earn roughly the same as what you are being offered I can get by fine, although im single no kids etc. I cant really say on yur situation if you would be fine as Im unsure of childcare costs, schools etc. but hope this may have helped a bit

Thank you Hilton

It helps slightly, concerend about my family more than myself as they have never been before and don't know what to expect.

Just would'nt want to let them down if we decided to move over after our holiday.

Thanks

Archived