You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Hi,

My names tommy and ive recently returned from a 2 years trip in oz and loved it i planned to only go for a year to travel ended up in a job i loved (not joinery) n by the time i knew it i was onto my second yr. I didnt look to hard for work whilst i was there i just wanted to see as much as possible.

Having seen a migration lawyer whilst over there i fell short by 5 points on the skilled migration visa. I really want...and frankly need to go back there i hate the UK so much ive only ever been held back here whereas in oz i flourished!!

My question is, how do you go about getting a sponsorship set up i imagine by emailing employers your CV but how successful is this and are there any tips to making yourself stand out?? are there any scheme's or any other ways ways of getting out there!!! Im 24 and a fully skilled Lv 3 Bench Joiner. I fell short with points because i haven't worked in my trade in the last 12 months (because i was to busy living and travelling oz)

Any help with this would be incredibly appreciated as the UK offers nothing to people who wish to work hard and its become a very depressing place in the 2 years ive spent over in Oz!!

thanks

tommy

Hi Tommy

Welcome to PIO, unfortunately I'm not qualified to advise on the visa process, but in regards to employment, unfortunately the only way to get by is to hire a company like "Hire a Migrant" or contact the companies direct yourself. I wouldn't bother with agencies as most of them will just want to harvest your CV.

Kate

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Thanks for your swift reply, i haven't heard of 'hire a migrant' but i will be sure to look into this. I appreciate you taking the time to relpy!!

kind regards

tommy

Guest iDane

Hi Tommy, any news on visas sponsor?

Guest Billy

Hi Tommy, its a shame youve already finished your working holiday visa, that is the best time to look for a sponsor as you can show them how valuable you are to them before you hit them up for sponsorship.

There are lots of jobs here for joiners advertised on seek.com.au but i think you'll be lucky to find a sponsor from the UK to be honest.

My advice to you is, book your vetassess test and get your work experience sorted by hook or by crook, then go for permanent residency.

good luck mate,

thanks billy,

I havnt looked into vetassess so i will be doing so shortly,

im startin to get abit down with it all to be honest havin spent so long there i met many people

who to be blunt 'were arse holes and lazy workers' and seem to be gettin sponsered very strange

so i think my best bet would be to continue to travel ...new zealand next stop at some point and try n get sponsered there (if i like it)

thanks for your replies to this thread ive saved the websites and will continue to use em to further my research into the subject.....i just hope one day i will be in a warmer climate with a kinda population than britain!!! lol

thanks everyone