Jump to content
Guest colsha7

secondary app. ENS121 proof that ed. was in english

Recommended Posts

Guest colsha7

Hi, I am the secondary applicant, husband has been offered a job with a ENS 121, and I have recently learned that I may have to take the IELTS!!!!!!!!!


How is it poss. to provide evidence that you were educated in English???? I have contacted my old school, no records... Also no teachers who remember me (was a while ago). I have asked my mum if she has my school qualifications....she will look but doesn't think so. I know I can have tem re sent at a cost of £40 but don't want to pay out anymore money.....paying enough!!!!!!! It is so frustrating.


How did your secondary app. provide evidence of schooling?????Is it poss. to do a statutory declaration for this.


Please help.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have a UK passport, if so that and the fact you have lived in UK should be enough for functional English requirement see here:


Functional English

A ‘functional’ level of English is required of secondary applicants. Some methods of

demonstrating this level of English language proficiency include:

• you have an IELTS score of at least 4.5 as an average over the test components

(speaking, reading, listening and writing). You must have taken the test no more than

12 months before applying for the ENS visa. Your nearest test centre can be found

by contacting IDP Education Australia, the British Council or an Australian overseas


• an Occupational English Test score relevant to your nominated occupation which is at

least equivalent to IELTS 4.5.

• you have a qualification or experience for which Part 3 of Schedule 6 of the Migration

Regulations 1994 has awarded 10 points or more.

• evidence that you have been assessed by an Adult Migrant English Program provider

in Australia as having functional English.

• you are a native English speaker, that is, your first language was English and you hold

a current passport from the United Kingdom, United States, New Zealand, Canada or

the Republic of Ireland.


So send a copy of your passport and explain that you wre schooled here etc. You should not need to sit the test.

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now