Sponsorship nomination approved

Guest suey

At Last! We got our sponsorship nomination approved. It's just a matter of us completeing the online 457 application. Anyone know what the turnaround for this once completed and submitted to Melbourne??

Why can't anything ever be straightforward, me and my hubby have wanted to live in Oz since we met nearly 10 years ago but something has always stopped us wether it be baby after baby after baby it was never a good time. Then last year we decided to try for it again, just as we started a business opportunity came up for my hubby, so we postponed Oz again to make a go of a new business. Anyway early this year things started to go wrong with the business and my hubby started looking for sponsorship in Oz again, and this time we got it! Only now he's just started an amazing job (what he's really always wanted) and in the same week our nomination is approved ! The job he's be going to in Oz is like a step back again career wise and part of me is thinking the whole reason for wanting to start in Oz was for a better family life and not focusing on work and money all the time and really enjoy time with our three young boys. I think just by reading through what I've wriiten my answer is there we must try our new life in Oz ( if we get the visa) we're all only young once. God, but what if he's unhappy in his job there and resents going to Oz (aaaarrrrggggg) stop worrying about what if's.

Anyone going through a similar thing?? :)

Thanks

Suey

Hi Suey,

I think we all go through 'what ifs' at some point. We're also all after a better family life. If you dont go you'll always regret not giving it a chance, It'll be an adventure if nothing else!

hays x

An Adventure, I like to sound of that! and I love the piccy you've used.

Thanks for your advise, it's just what I needed to hear, it is normal to have all these doubts then.

Thanks

Suey

totally normal! if you didnt have any doubts at all, it would be worrying!

My oh has spent the last 5 or 6 years drip feeding me OZ info in the hope i would change my mind. It worked, but i still have worries and even he did a month or so ago.

We dont own our home so we have no equity to use when/if we get to OZ, and our savings are quite small if you consider how much it costs to move a family over with visa, flights, shipping and animals etc. So we're going at it slowly, saving as much as possible so we can apply this time next year hopefully.

God luck with it all, you can always come back if you want to.

hays

Guest latics4carol

HI

we initially came on a 457 visa and also applied online. The application was submitted on the 4th October and visa issued on the 19th Dec. There was a delay as the forms for the kids medicals didn't get sent online so had to arrange independently (delay of 3 weeks). Can be arranged in 6-10 weeks. Good luck with the application. If the children are of school age they will need medicals though before decision made

Carol

Just awaiting my sponsorship nomination I'm a midwife and have been looking what needs to be attached to on-line application for 457. What a ball ache all those certified copies. I had to do all that when applying to be registered as a midwife in Australia and did't realize I'd have to do it all again. Also not sure about the police checks as i sent my clearance when registering as a midwife and wonder will I have to get another one? I'm sure all this red tape is to make you give up and stay at home!!!!

Archived