House Prices & House & Land Packages

Alanlisa

Hi all,

Just doing a little research into current house prices within WA and I cam across the house and land packages on various websites. Are they as good as they seem???

What is the average price of a 3/4 bed house within WA?

Thanks Lisa :biggrin:

it all depends on the cost of the land , you add this to the house price also any extras [ and there are always extras !![ plus site costs [ they may allow so much towards site costs but if its over that amount you will pay the difference ,eg if there is clay or sand stone ,

when my daughter was building they charged an extra $2500 for a concrete pipe for difficuly access to site , i told them you can get to the site from the front , the back , and the side [ no neighbours had built yet , they said they would refund if it wasnt a problem so i got up on site at 6 am to watch the concrete pour to make sure , and ,,, they didnt need the pump still tried to charge me for it until i showed them pictures and told them i was there !!!, this is an example of building lol it must be a mothers love to get me there at 6am before i went to work !!

i think her build w,as about 357,000 all up for a 3x2 in butler on a small cottage block although it has great ocean views , less the 21,000 off for first time home buyers , and also less their deposit.

i think their land was about $189,000

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Have a look on realestate.com.au

when we were there the houses themselves were incredible and cheap, but the exchange rate has now made them alot dearer, they were easily affordable and the type of house we could afford then, would have cost us double in the uk, they were houses we could only dream about, but currently with the pound plummetting against the dollar, these dream homes are out of reach for us.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
it all depends on the cost of the land , you add this to the house price also any extras [ and there are always extras !![ plus site costs [ they may allow so much towards site costs but if its over that amount you will pay the difference ,eg if there is clay or sand stone ,

when my daughter was building they charged an extra $2500 for a concrete pipe for difficuly access to site , i told them you can get to the site from the front , the back , and the side [ no neighbours had built yet , they said they would refund if it wasnt a problem so i got up on site at 6 am to watch the concrete pour to make sure , and ,,, they didnt need the pump still tried to charge me for it until i showed them pictures and told them i was there !!!, this is an example of building lol it must be a mothers love to get me there at 6am before i went to work !!

i think her build w,as about 357,000 all up for a 3x2 in butler on a small cottage block although it has great ocean views , less the 21,000 off for first time home buyers , and also less their deposit.

i think their land was about $189,000

A little terrier you are. lol

is the price of $357,000 for everything, you say 'all up' does that mean everything, sounds good to me.

A little terrier you are. lol

is the price of $357,000 for everything, you say 'all up' does that mean everything, sounds good to me.

actually wrong breed

hubbys family call me the rottweiler !!!pmsl

yes that was all up eg of extras between the shower and the vanity there was a small strip of wall i told them to get it tiled as you would never get a paint brush in there [ about as wideas my hand about three foot in height that cost $88.00 extra

it was a first time home buyers package so it had lino floors , carpets and blinds included , plus they had a bonus from satterly who was the developer for the land of $3,500 towards fences and land scaping

xx

Guest The Ropey HOFF
my daughter built with www.celebrationhomes.com.au it is part of the www.daleallcock.com.au group

Cheers for the link .............. the houses are just so fantastic, no one i know apart from my rich sister has an home like these here in the uk, we have a good sized 4 bedroomed newish detached house, but its nothing like these fantastic state of the art houses.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

We could have got the most fantastic big house for about $175,000 and land for about $200,000 to $250,000. So all in about $400,000 and a house like that here in the uk would have cost about £400,000. But ............... with the exchange rate like it is houses are costing alot more if you are buying one in Australia using pounds.

Hi all,

Just doing a little research into current house prices within WA and I cam across the house and land packages on various websites. Are they as good as they seem???

What is the average price of a 3/4 bed house within WA?

Thanks Lisa :biggrin:

what prices were you looking at ?

it would be hard to find any land under 170,000 in my daughters case the land size is roughly 300sm so its cottage block,

south of the river they have some better deals

try www.stockland.com.au

www.homebuyerscentre.com.au

www.relaestate.com.au/newhomes/newland+estatesinwa/map-1

We could have got the most fantastic big house for about $175,000 and land for about $200,000 to $250,000. So all in about $400,000 and a house like that here in the uk would have cost about £400,000. But ............... with the exchange rate like it is houses are costing alot more if you are buying one in Australia using pounds.

have a look at www.satterley.com.au for land

now if you win lotto www.beaumondehomes.com.au when i win ill get them to build me one !!

Guest The Ropey HOFF
have a look at www.satterley.com.au for land

now if you win lotto www.beaumondehomes.com.au when i win ill get them to build me one !!

Good sized land blocks are getting scarcer and scarcer in Perth and further and further away from the city .............. we were recently in Brisbane and it was slighly better there, but Adelaide seems to be cheapest for land and we haven't decided where to go yet, but all 3 places seem great.

Guest chris955

Blocks are getting smaller and smaller and more expensive, some of the blocks they build a big house on are barely bigger than the house itself. Some of the house and land packages are in less than desirable areas, a developer buys a big parcel of lcheap land and subdivides into tiny blocks. Someone mentioned a cottage block 300m, you would fit more than 3 of those on our block.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

The blocks are still big enough to get a huge house on them, most houses in the uk are crammed in together.

Guest chris955

Might be like that up north but not in the south, we have found any number of houses on good sized blocks. Nice big detached houses on good blocks for around 250k.

Might be like that up north but not in the south, we have found any number of houses on good sized blocks. Nice big detached houses on good blocks for around 250k.

As a rule of thumb the opposite is true. Houses are more expensive in the south than the north. There are obviously exceptions to this ie places like Chester and each house is an individual case but... it is generally true.

Guest chris955

Just replying to the ridiculous generalisation that most houses in the UK are crammed together, it certainly doesn't appear to be the case in the South. I wasn't commenting on the cost of housing in either region.

As a rule of thumb the opposite is true. Houses are more expensive in the south than the north. There are obviously exceptions to this ie places like Chester and each house is an individual case but... it is generally true.

Just replying to the ridiculous generalisation that most houses in the UK are crammed together, it certainly doesn't appear to be the case in the South. I wasn't commenting on the cost of housing in either region.

Sorry I misinterpreted you post to mean large plots were cheaper in the south and thought you were in for a big shock! :goofy:

You are right in the north there is more victorian 'workers' housing which tends to be terraces. It's not exclusively that style of housing though - each town /city has it's unique style of housing and the older housing (ie pre-victorian) the smaller it is generally. Again that is a huge simplification!

Guest chris955

No problem, i must admit I don't dislike the old terraces but they just aren't what we want. I love the beautiful period features but like the house we are in at the moment they just aren't big enough.

Guest tandcmum

we had to laugh at a news article we read in the Townsville bulletin about locals protesting about some flats that were to be built (housing association type things i think) They were saying the block was only big enough to build 8 flats not 12 and that the plans they had seen were not suitable for family living as the building would reach the boundry for the land, there was nowhere for residents to store a bicycle, no outside space for children to kick a football or to entertain or have a family bbq, and that the flats themselves didnt have balconies or terraces. I laughed as they described my flat in Scotland exactly !!!!!!!!!

JUst shows how our expectations of houses and space difer so much, what we live in here in Scotkand is the norm and perfectly acceptable yet in Oz they are petitioning it

Guest chris955

To be fair plenty of people here live in flats with no garden and more and more houses are being built with little or no garden as land becomes scarce.

Many are happy to live in a flat or a house with no land, for us we need land and can't imagine not having some land.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
I thought in the region of £200k would get me a nice decent size house over in Perth, it now seems unlikely. I wouldn't be too bothered about being close to the city just a nice suburb someone within the WA region. x

Its the exchange rate thats at fault, due to the uk being in financial difficulties for the last 3 years the pound has steadily declined against the dollar because Australia is booming and the dollar has gone from 2.5 to £1 down to 1.5 to £1 and 2 years ago you would have got $500,000 for £200,000 and could have bought a fantastic big house on a big plot, but now you will only get $300,000 and you won't get alot for that, its not Australias fault that they are doing so well and the uk is struggling.

I thought in the region of £200k would get me a nice decent size house over in Perth, it now seems unlikely. I wouldn't be too bothered about being close to the city just a nice suburb someone within the WA region. x

you will still be able to get a nice house ok you wont be mortgage free but it wouldnt be a huge mortgage , you will get the first time home buyers grant , and the free stamp duty on houses 500,000 or less , a lot of builders are offering freebies like up grade to granite benches in the kitchen and aircon to get your buisness .

or you can watch the suburbs you like and keep an eye out for a bargain , my house is worth 100,000 less than it was 2 years ago , so there are good buys to be had .

block size well the bigger the block the more work i spend most weekends with gardening gloves on and a wheel barrow in my hands

so smaller blocks have a lot going for them as it frees you up to have the life style you want .

my daughters house is lovely 3x2 stretch oven , large island bench nice alfresco area , , they got a bonus land scape package from the developer that paid for the fences and some front landscaping , parks surrounding her nice suburb [ i think so any way

i watch those programs move to the country , and think wow so cheap , but housing estates were not like that where i was from it was four or five different houses mixed up on an estate and you chose the one you wanted to buy , looked like the blocks were average size maaybe 600/ 700 sqm , nothing like i see on move to the country

:eek:the gardens on the new houses make me cringe...but thats because i like working in the garden and space .

Mind saying that few years go when we were looking at houses old blocks were so cheap ! We have had to re think and will be looking at getting a bigger mortgage when we get there / lol we were hoping to be mortgage free when we first started looking many moons a go .

:cute:Mind could all change again when we actually get there lol