Guest fatpom

Is it just me who thinks this?

Guest fatpom

To be accredited as a skilled tradesman you need to have done a structured four year apprenticeship and not a day less. By structured I mean it must include day release night schooling in relevant academic subjects together with proof of quality practical training by the relevant industry training boards (EITB/CITB). And that means being able to present both types of certificates on request however dusty they may be:smile:

Sad to say I knew the british apprenticeship system was under a cloud but I didn't realise just how badly it has fallen apart over the last 25 years or so?

To be accredited as a skilled tradesman you need to have done a structured four year apprin that trade after completing itnticeship and not a day less. By structured I mean it must include day release night schooling in relevant academic subjects together with proof of quality practical training by the relevant industry training boards (EITB/CITB). And that means being able to present both type of certificates on request however dusty they may be:smile:

Sad to say I knew the british apprenticeship system was under a cloud but I didn't realise just how badly it has fallen apart over the last 25 years or so?

Correct. You do not have to take that path. If you have done a shortened vocational national training course, and have worked in the relevant trade afterwards to gain experience, you can, or used to be able to take a trade test, and if passed OK, you would be issued with a Tradesmans Certificate giving you the right to work within Australia in that trade. I would not say that the system had fallen apart, just that it has evolved, recognising that some people learn a lot faster than others, and that why is there a need for a 4 year apprenticeship if someone has the ability to get to that stage in 2 years or less.

It is not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

This thread is 8 years old

....I Actually Live In Australia....And I'm Enjoying Life On The Gold Coast....It Is Possible You Know....

Guest guest30085
yep.. just you..

Simmo, this is nearly 8 years old, I'm curious as to why you dragged this back from the dead?! :rolleyes: