Is there such a thing as a "house-share" in Perth??

Guest jasonh

Guest jasonh

Hi all,

This might sound like a really daft question, but are there such things as "house-shares" in Australia, like there are in the UK?? :biggrin:

Our plan is that I (husband/dad) will go on ahead to Perth, and try get a few things sorted eg: job and a rental home, before the wife and kids come over. I really don't want to have to rent an entire holiday home for just myself, but also don't want the hefty bill of a hotel.

I'm trying to find out if it's possible to rent out a room in a house-share for a few weeks? Are there any websites for this kind of thing, or would something like this be more likely advertised in a newspaper or Gumtree-style website?

Ideally, I'm looking at suburbs NOR in Perth, but seeing as it will just be me, I can be quite flexible with the areas.

Thanks a bunch.

Jasonh

Guest Dinkytwinkle

There sure is! It's a really nice way to meet others and get a good insight into where your moving to if you manage to share with some nice friendly people who don't mind showing you around!

Definitely check out the websites listed above, everyone seems to use gumtree over here same as in the UK! Another option is to check out the local paper for accommodation ads, (I'm not sure what this is in Perth however you may be able to google it).

On gumtree you can select 'short term' rental and also put an Ad out yourself. Check out the price ranges so you can specify what you are willing to pay. There is also a website called 'couch surfing.com' which I think you have to pay a small donation to join, but you can connect with people who are willing to offer a room or some space in their home to you for a couple of weeks.

Good luck and enjoy Perth! x

Guest jasonh
There sure is! It's a really nice way to meet others and get a good insight into where your moving to if you manage to share with some nice friendly people who don't mind showing you around!

Definitely check out the websites listed above, everyone seems to use gumtree over here same as in the UK! Another option is to check out the local paper for accommodation ads, (I'm not sure what this is in Perth however you may be able to google it).

On gumtree you can select 'short term' rental and also put an Ad out yourself. Check out the price ranges so you can specify what you are willing to pay. There is also a website called 'couch surfing.com' which I think you have to pay a small donation to join, but you can connect with people who are willing to offer a room or some space in their home to you for a couple of weeks.

Good luck and enjoy Perth! x

Thanks folks!

That's exactly what I'll be looking for. It will hopefully just be for a few weeks, so don't really want to commit myself to anything too much longer than that...

Thanks again! Cheers.

Jasonh

Guest cazzyzac

Hi Jason, There is a new website called http://www.wheretosleep.com I have an ad on there as I have a double room that I rent out to persons such as yourself. I charge $40 per night. The bedroom has a queen sized bed and all bed linen is supplied. The house is in Mullaloo, a beautiful northern beach suburb of Perth. I have someone renting it at the moment, 3 nights one week and 4 nights the next, for the next 2 to 3 months. When are you moving to Perth? Regards, Carolyn

Archived