How do I set up a standing order from UK to Oz?

Guest jadeyk

Guest jadeyk

My Brother has a Westpac account which he has opened in Perth. I would like to pay some money into it monthly (i'm nice like that!) but how do I do that. I have the "sort code" and account number and all his details. Im with Natwest and I have online banking but can't seem to find out how to set up a monthly payment from my account to his. Any ideas? xxx:err:

My Brother has a Westpac account which he has opened in Perth. I would like to pay some money into it monthly (i'm nice like that!) but how do I do that. I have the "sort code" and account number and all his details. Im with Natwest and I have online banking but can't seem to find out how to set up a monthly payment from my account to his. Any ideas? xxx:err:

I don't know the system specifically for Oz, but I believe that to transfer to an international bank you nee dthe IBAN number which is basically the account and sort code with the banks identifier. You should be able to find that on the website for the bank? If not send them an email.

Guest jadeyk

yeah i have that. I guess i will have to go in to Natwest and set it up. Was hoping to do it online, Banks are such a pain to get to! xxx

Guest jadeyk

Thanks for that. Never really thought it would be such a hassle! Must be an easier way. I only want to pay in about £50 a month as a nice gesture really x

I go out to Oz on the 1st August and my master plan is to have my three pensions paid into my Nat West current account in the UK and set up a standing order to pay a monthly sum to Moneycorp who will send it on to my bank in Oz. Benifits are no charges for PIO members and a much better exchange rate with Moneycorp than with Nat West.

Mamba

Guest jadeyk
I go out to Oz on the 1st August and my master plan is to have my three pensions paid into my Nat West current account in the UK and set up a standing order to pay a monthly sum to Moneycorp who will send it on to my bank in Oz. Benifits are no charges for PIO members and a much better exchange rate with Moneycorp than with Nat West.

Mamba

cheers, do you need to transfer minimum amounts? x

Hi,

I pay money directli into my sis-in-laws's account for birthdays etc... Just go to natwest with the account details of the bank in Oz and they set it up for you. We are with natwest too.

It saves alot of hassle like sending cheques etc which take time......

Hope this helps.

Guest jadeyk
Hi,

I pay money directli into my sis-in-laws's account for birthdays etc... Just go to natwest with the account details of the bank in Oz and they set it up for you. We are with natwest too.

It saves alot of hassle like sending cheques etc which take time......

Hope this helps.

Thanks! I'll pop in this week and see what they say x

Guest boyllba

Hi, I work in the banking industry, unfortunately you can't send $ via your internet account but would have to go into your branch. You can set up a regular foreign standing order and a fee would apply with each payment. The fee varies depending on the speed that you need the $ to arrive with your brother. It is easy to arrange just take the name and address of the westpac branch with the iban and swift/bic code and the staff can arrange this for you.

Guest Guest31881

For relatively small amounts of money I use PayPal, I use this to send Money to my children for birthdays and Christmas, charges are a lot less than banks. We all have accounts and I just transfer to their accounts I have found it quicker and cheaper.