Submitting bank statements for further evidence

gypsy10

Hello,

I need your help again i'm afraid :goofy:

We need to submit the past 3 years worth of bank statements to our CO. The only problem is that all our statements were accessible online. We do not have any paper copies.

Do you think it's acceptable for us to download all the statements in pdf format and submit them in this way? We have submitted a query to them but haven't heard anything yet.

Look forward to hearing from you

(Love this forum and all the help i've received from all the lovely people.....Thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much)!

I really hope printing from online is acceptable for your sake, and possibly ours if we ever need to. I opted out of paper statements years ago, sick of the paper that was building up each month. However I saw Watchdog (I think) the other night, they were talking about rip off schemes claiming to be 'green' - one of which was opting out of paper statements, then having to fork out a load of cash to get paper ones from the bank when the need arose. Personally, I think if you've opted out they should be free.

Hi Paisleylass I saw that too! What a joke hey? I totally agree with you. We try our best to be green and then get stung when we need to get hold of something.

Hate to think how much they'll charge me for 3 years worth of statements.

Once we hear back from DIAC i'll let you know what they say.

Thanks for your post

I really hope printing from online is acceptable for your sake, and possibly ours if we ever need to. I opted out of paper statements years ago, sick of the paper that was building up each month. However I saw Watchdog (I think) the other night, they were talking about rip off schemes claiming to be 'green' - one of which was opting out of paper statements, then having to fork out a load of cash to get paper ones from the bank when the need arose. Personally, I think if you've opted out they should be free.

Hey gypsy, I just nosied at my bank's website (First Direct), and nearly fainted when I saw that they actually provide paper statements FREE of charge! I suspect this bucks the trend though, having seen that show the other night.

FD have always been great, though not so flexible on our mortgage wrt letting out, I'll be sad to leave 'em!

I bank with HSBC and only get online statements. I too needed some for our application, and just went in and asked the bank manager/assistant for them. He just ordered the ones I asked for (I only needed one month per year for last 5 years) and they came in the post shortly after.

Probably worth asking your bank directly.

S

Guest Sandisonsonthemove

I needed statements from June 2007 to June 2009 and as we went paperless in early 2009 I only had 18 months worth . We bank with the Halifax and the lady said because we are online bankers we can have copies for free. They arrived within a week.

Worth a phone call.

Donna x

Guest sivakumar
Hello,

I need your help again i'm afraid :goofy:

We need to submit the past 3 years worth of bank statements to our CO. The only problem is that all our statements were accessible online. We do not have any paper copies.

Do you think it's acceptable for us to download all the statements in pdf format and submit them in this way? We have submitted a query to them but haven't heard anything yet.

Look forward to hearing from you

(Love this forum and all the help i've received from all the lovely people.....Thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much)!

I have submitted just last six month bank statements and salary slips along with a letter from my employer. Will it be enough? Could you share with us what you have been asked by your CO on employment evidence, please?

Guest hrimmer3011

I'd be interested to know that answer to that as well....our bank statements never healthy!!! especially now with all costs of actually applying for a visa lol !!

I take it the bank statements are to confirm salary payments so are to confirm that you've had the relevant employment in the past 4 years?

I'm about the submit our 176 app online and so far for my husbands employment evidence I've scanned his P60s from the last 6 years which show he's been with the same employer, a detailed employer reference (which was used for the TRA submission) and his latest payslip. As they've not asked for bank statements I've not got them ready and I think my online banking only goes back 6 months or so anyway :confused:

Am I best still submitting what I have and then wait to be asked for bank statements?

Guest NeilanGemz

We are waiting for state sponsorship (SA) I didn't know that you needed to send months worth of bank statements for a 176? What is that in aid of? I realise they may want to see that you have sufficient set up funds but surely that would only be 1 statement??

I have the choice now to put in either a 176 visa ap or a 175 as I got enough points for that too, I was thinking go the 176 route as that seems to be the quickest and the done route, I wont be going for 2.5 years anyway so maybe the 175 is the way forward?

We're on the 176 route (near the end I hope!) and haven't been asked for bank statements. Having said that, we sent 10 years of P60 to evidence employment.

That make me feel better Lurkio, as we've scanned 6 years (and have more if they need it), thanks!

We are waiting for state sponsorship (SA) I didn't know that you needed to send months worth of bank statements for a 176? What is that in aid of? I realise they may want to see that you have sufficient set up funds but surely that would only be 1 statement??

I have the choice now to put in either a 176 visa ap or a 175 as I got enough points for that too, I was thinking go the 176 route as that seems to be the quickest and the done route, I wont be going for 2.5 years anyway so maybe the 175 is the way forward?

Hope not as we'd not be able to prove we had the funds from our bank statements as our money is tied up in the house. We based the expected funds to take with us on us selling (and provided Victoria with a spreadsheet showing our assets and mortgage balance etc when we applied for state sponsorship) so if our 176 is based on what's in our bank account we're unlikely to get it!

Our CO has asked for 3 years worth of payslips and the same no. of years worth of bank statements to prove the monthly salary going into the account (prior to the date of visa application).

We've also been asked for employment evidence which we're sending in the form of a reference from the employer.

Hope this helps

I have submitted just last six month bank statements and salary slips along with a letter from my employer. Will it be enough? Could you share with us what you have been asked by your CO on employment evidence, please?

Guest sivakumar
Our CO has asked for 3 years worth of payslips and the same no. of years worth of bank statements to prove the monthly salary going into the account (prior to the date of visa application).

We've also been asked for employment evidence which we're sending in the form of a reference from the employer.

Hope this helps

didn't you attach a letter from your current employer when you lodge your application? Could you tell me what you submitted as evidence of your employment along with your application, please?

Yes but only when your CO asks for them I guess. We didn't with our visa application because we weren't ask to do so.

hi ,

does every one have to submit bank statements when applying for the visa???

Guest NeilanGemz
We're on the 176 route (near the end I hope!) and haven't been asked for bank statements. Having said that, we sent 10 years of P60 to evidence employment.

Hi what is your proffession? I am an electrician and completed all relevant skills tests and had to provide evidence of employment for that. I haven't been asked for evidence of my work as part of my state sponsorship application.

I'm worried as I have not 10 years worth of P60's or anything like that for that matter. I have accounts and a P60 for the past 2 or 3 years and that is it:unsure:

I can just put in my 175 now, does any one know how long a 175 visa application is taking these days?

Yes a reference letter with the visa application and any certificates gained through training whilst working.

didn't you attach a letter from your current employer when you lodge your application? Could you tell me what you submitted as evidence of your employment along with your application, please?

Yes but only when your CO asks for them I guess. We didn't with our visa application because we weren't ask to do so.

I am applying for the 457 visa as a nurse so may not have to give any. Will wait to see if the CO aks for them,

:biggrin:

thanks

Guest sivakumar
I am applying for the 457 visa as a nurse so may not have to give any. Will wait to see if the CO aks for them,

:biggrin:

thanks

Me too. I have already submitted whatever I have had. If CO needs anything more evidence, let me think

Hi what is your proffession? I am an electrician and completed all relevant skills tests and had to provide evidence of employment for that. I haven't been asked for evidence of my work as part of my state sponsorship application.

I'm worried as I have not 10 years worth of P60's or anything like that for that matter. I have accounts and a P60 for the past 2 or 3 years and that is it:unsure:

I can just put in my 175 now, does any one know how long a 175 visa application is taking these days?

Hi Neil and Gemz. OH is motor mechanic (light). We didn't provide proof of income for SS - the original poster was asking about the main Visa app I think. OH has worked for the same firm for more than 10 years so we provided 10 x P60 as proof of employment for that period.

I don't know how self-employed get on, but assume that a letter from your accountant may help for the period of self-employment and P60 for however many years before that you need for your 10 year period. Hope it goes well x

Sorry to Intrude on this post. We are in Cat 4 at the minute just biding our time.

Can you explain what the bank statements issue is about please.

My wife is a self employed Hairdresser and we have a valid 176 lodged since March 2010 after initially lodging a 175 in Nov 09. She passed her TRA with proof of 20 hours minimum per week, Copy NI contributions and copies of her previous tax returns being provided. Also a signed document in the presence of a solicitor confirming self employemnt. As it was soem time after lodging our SS request for nomination when WA looked at it they requested an up to date CV showing that my wife still works in the trade prior to granting SS.

There was no mention at the time that bank statements would be required . Is this something that CO are asking for for all visas or just certain types.

Thanks

Shane

Archived