Vetassess

Waitingawhile

This is what they are currently saying with regard to transitional arrangements with regard to the new points test for those with completed assessments and those pending.

SRG35 Application for VETASSESS Advisory Letter for Points Test Purposes (VETASSESS

occupations) (available on our website under the Download forms section by 11 July

2011): For applicants who had either a pending Skills Assessment (including a post-485

Skills Assessment) as at 30 June 2011 or a Skills Assessment issued by VETASSESS before

1 July 2011 and now require an advice to give to DIAC for Points Test purposes for the same

nominated occupation.

Applicants who have received their skills assessment from VETASSESS may return to

VETASSESS for the optional advisory letter on qualifications and/or employment for Points

Test purposes. Please complete the new SRG35 form for this purpose which will be available

on the VETASSESS website by 11 July 2011. If you require additional qualifications and/or

employment listed on the Points Test Advisory Letter, additional fees applies based on the

type of qualification(s) and number of employments to be assessed. Information about the

fees is included in the form. If the qualification and employment to be listed for the Points Test

purposes, have already been assessed by VETASSESS please contact VETASSESS for

advice before you apply.

Applicants who currently have a Skills Assessment in progress for a GSM visa may wish to

request a Points Test Advisory Letter from VETASSESS to give to DIAC for Points Test

purposes. These applicants will be contacted shortly by VETASSESS via email advising them

of the options available for the additional Points Test advice. If for some reason you have not

received an email from VETASSESS by 10 July, you are requested to contact VETASSESS.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what they are currently saying with regard to transitional arrangements with regard to the new points test for those with completed assessments and those pending.

SRG35 Application for VETASSESS Advisory Letter for Points Test Purposes (VETASSESS

occupations) (available on our website under the Download forms section by 11 July

2011): For applicants who had either a pending Skills Assessment (including a post-485

Skills Assessment) as at 30 June 2011 or a Skills Assessment issued by VETASSESS before

1 July 2011 and now require an advice to give to DIAC for Points Test purposes for the same

nominated occupation.

Applicants who have received their skills assessment from VETASSESS may return to

VETASSESS for the optional advisory letter on qualifications and/or employment for Points

Test purposes. Please complete the new SRG35 form for this purpose which will be available

on the VETASSESS website by 11 July 2011. If you require additional qualifications and/or

employment listed on the Points Test Advisory Letter, additional fees applies based on the

type of qualification(s) and number of employments to be assessed. Information about the

fees is included in the form. If the qualification and employment to be listed for the Points Test

advice before you apply.

Applicants who currently have a Skills Assessment in progress for a GSM visa may wish to

request a Points Test Advisory Letter from VETASSESS to give to DIAC for Points Test

purposes. These applicants will be contacted shortly by VETASSESS via email advising them

of the options available for the additional Points Test advice. If for some reason you have not

received an email from VETASSESS by 10 July, you are requested to contact VETASSESS.

I haven't had an email from VETASSESS yet and it's 10 July, wonder if anyone has received one? I've sent them an email today to chase it!

Guest HoutoMel

nominated occupation.

advice before you apply.

Okay, I went through the SR35 form...IT'S THE EXACT SAME FORM AS THE ORIGINAL APPLICATION--complete with requirements for the EXACT SAME DOCUMENTATION!!!!! This includes all the transcripts and employer references and passport photos and so on. I am...just amazed at this. Better yet, on the form, they ask for your skills assessment file number on the form. If they have the skills assessment file number, why not just review the file information that should still be on hand (especially for applications still pending).

They say to call VETASSESS to be advised on whether you have to complete this new form or not. Hopefully people whose assessments have not been decided and thus documentation is already at VETASSESS won't be asked to go through this again and pay them extra money. I hope we don't have to...but regardless it's a completely redundant process, IMO.

And who knows how much longer they may take for this additional step...

My Vetassess page has changed it now says pending and that my docs have been initially checked does anyone elses show a different format - i know they were updating the site yesterday - or does this mean they are actually doing it-gasp holds breath :spinny:

Just logged into vetassess and I have the same change... pending and my docs initially checked. I really hope this means they're actually doing something

I chased them about the email we should have received by 10 July about new points test and no response yet.

I also chased about timeframes as it's now been 13 weeks and I have an urgency request accepted... they just sent a snooty response that I'd hear back in due course and I can check website for progress. But the lady had cc'ed someone else... maybe that's the person who is actually doing the assessment.... she's never cc'ed someone before :o)

Hi all I applied for my vetasses yesterday, I applied tfor architectural draftsman for west aus for ss. Though I am actually an interior designer, but i do have relevant work experience as an arch draftsman. I will send my docs this week and just wanna share what will be the outcome! hope its gonna be fast! hehe :biggrin:

Just logged into vetassess and I have the same change... pending and my docs initially checked. I really hope this means they're actually doing something

I chased them about the email we should have received by 10 July about new points test and no response yet.

I also chased about timeframes as it's now been 13 weeks and I have an urgency request accepted... they just sent a snooty response that I'd hear back in due course and I can check website for progress. But the lady had cc'ed someone else... maybe that's the person who is actually doing the assessment.... she's never cc'ed someone before :o)

Fingers crossed that they are actually looking at them for us....I haven't had a response to my email about the email we should have received either! Sounds promising though that someone else was named, is it worth you writing back and asking about the employment assessment for points purposes and if this is to be included too?

Good luck with it Paris, it will be good to hear your time frame as you have applied using the new system! :spinny:

Guest mdeejacks
We waited about 6 weeks and then started calling, mainly because the processing time was 30 days when we first started our application and then suddenly they updated the website to be 8-12 weeks. They say wait three weeks from date of application before enquiring.

Not sure how it all works though if DIAC now have your application.

hello all,

don't want to rub it in but mine took 2 weeks and i feel i sped up the process by ringing them i used skype at 1.4 p a minute

hope this helps

jack

Hello all, I am waiting as well to hear back from Vetassess!!

I sent my application in April with all documents and payment , I have emailed them a couple of times now to find out when my assessment will be completed and got an email back stating it will be October!!!

I then have sent in an urgency request form, which has been accepted, so am fingers crossed I will find out shortly.

I am with you guys this is so so frustrating, all the waiting, they originally said to me 12 weeks, and then added a further 10 weeks to the waiting time. It is outrageous.

Fingers crosssed for you all, xxxxxxxx:wink:

Hello all, I am waiting as well to hear back from Vetassess!!

I sent my application in April with all documents and payment , I have emailed them a couple of times now to find out when my assessment will be completed and got an email back stating it will be October!!!

I then have sent in an urgency request form, which has been accepted, so am fingers crossed I will find out shortly.

I am with you guys this is so so frustrating, all the waiting, they originally said to me 12 weeks, and then added a further 10 weeks to the waiting time. It is outrageous.

Fingers crosssed for you all, xxxxxxxx:wink:

Hi thanks, hope yours is dealt with soon have you checked online to see if your page has changed? mine now has a different page and status shows as pending not active as previously we are trying to work out if they have just updated the site or not! :wacko:

Hello,

Yes the page has updated from Active and now shows as pending and no further docs required, but before I put an urgent request in they said I would have to wait till October, am not holding out much up as I think that they are so behind with applications, will post and let you know if I hear anything.

Good luck to you all, :wink:

hello all,

don't want to rub it in but mine took 2 weeks and i feel i sped up the process by ringing them i used skype at 1.4 p a minute

hope this helps

jack

Hi Jack

I think the trades get assessed quicker, but office type jobs take longer. I have no idea why... I'd even happily pay more if I could get it done in two weeks! :o)

I will try calling.... the time difference and working makes it difficult... but if it hurries them along it's worth trying

Amy x

Guest HoutoMel

Just an update--

I called VETASSESS just now about the email regarding the "Skills Assessment for Points Test Purposes" and according to them, the emails are being finalized and should be sent out by this weekend.

I expressed my concern with having to re-send documentation for this new skills assessment when there are already documents with VETASSESS for pending skills assessments. Surely they don't trash them before they make a decision, right? It can be a little tedious to have to gather all those documents again--particularly the ones that VETASSESS wants as original copies. The response I got was that transcripts and employer info might be needed if that's what someone is wanting points for. It remains to be seen why that information would be any different from the information that should still be with VETASSESS staff for assessments that are still pending.

Regardless, the lady I spoke with was actually rather nice, but the message I got was that the staff is still trying to wrap their hands around what this "Skills Assessment for Points Purposes" will fully mean.

The plot thickens...

Hi Guys, well my page has changed again -at the bottom it had tick boxes saying initial checking checking had taken place and no further info needed -these boxes have now disappeared and it just says application pending now- I wish I knew what this meant and whether they are working on my assessment at last?

Guest jaffas1
Hi Guys, well my page has changed again -at the bottom it had tick boxes saying initial checking checking had taken place and no further info needed -these boxes have now disappeared and it just says application pending now- I wish I knew what this meant and whether they are working on my assessment at last?

Hello, have been following this thread for the last couple of months since my OH submitted his Vetassess application as an Urban and Regional Planner. His page has also changed from the tick boxes below to just saying Pending. So frustrating!!!

Doesn't help that they sent an email to the agent asking for a copy of his Bachelors degree certificate and transcript on Tuesday - this was included with the original application!:arghh:

Hello, have been following this thread for the last couple of months since my OH submitted his Vetassess application as an Urban and Regional Planner. His page has also changed from the tick boxes below to just saying Pending. So frustrating!!!

Doesn't help that they sent an email to the agent asking for a copy of his Bachelors degree certificate and transcript on Tuesday - this was included with the original application!:arghh:

The good news is this means they are actually processing yours then -that its not sitting in a pile fading in the sunlight lol :laugh:

After 13 weeks since confirming my receipt of documents, I have received a POSITIVE skills assessment from VETASSESS today. wooooohoooooo!!!!!

Just got to await for the certificate to come through the post, then figure out what to do about the extra points assessment requirement!

Hope I'm not rubbing it in but giving some hope to those that are still waiting

:jiggy:

Guest plannerOH

jaffas-- If it's helpful, my VETASSESS page changed exactly as you described. I had been hoping that it means my application is further along... but perhaps they were just changing the way they presented information on the page (just as they made a change a week ago I believe).

On the other hand, as my nominated occupation is also Urban & Regional Planner, maybe they are processing some of those applications in a batch together? Maybe? Hopefully? The anticipation is killing me, even though it seems I have a while to wait, based on what other people have written.

If it's helpful, here is my timeline so far:

Official dates (from VETASSESS website):

Application Received: 22-May-11

Payment Received: 07-Jun-11

Additional activity:

Date they reported receiving my paperwork: 23-June-11 (found this out by phoning them)

Received email from VETASSESS saying my application requires "further investigation and there may be some delay in finalising your case": 08-July-11

Employer received phone call from Australian Consulate in USA verifying employment details: 12-July-11

Hope that helps. Keep us updated and if you don't mind sharing your timeline it might be helpful. thanks

Guest jaffas1

Congratulations Amy79!

plannerOH, I hope they are being done as a batch....We just want to get our DIAC application going asap as we hope to apply for a 175 and we know we have a long wait ahead for that

Our timeline is Vetassess application received 14-5-11 and Payment received 14-5-11.

We couriered over our paperwork via the agent within 24 hours, but not sure when they logged them as received.

It definitely sounds hopeful if they are making enquiries.........hopefully, we should all see some movement on the assessments soon.

Guest HoutoMel

Firstly, welcome to this side plannerOH!

jaffas1, I suggest calling them (or having your agent call--I'm not sure how that works) to see when they logged the documents as "received." I found out that while the documents were delivered to them on 9 May 11 (thanks to confirmation from the US Postal Service) and VETASSESS confirmed receipt of documents on that day, they actually aren't marked in the system as received until 23 May 11. So somehow, it took 14 days to get from acknowledgement of delivery to entry into the pipeline.

Congratulations Amy79-I am so pleased for you -it has been such a wait, one step closer to being with your family! :spinny:

So far no changes on my page.

Thanks, hopefully won't be too much longer for you, maybe a couple of weeks max as you only applied a couple of weeks after me.

Btw, they didn't email me I've just seen that my status changed online to successful - so for everyone who logs in everyday (Or like me nearly every hour) it's worth doing it!

Thanks, hopefully won't be too much longer for you, maybe a couple of weeks max as you only applied a couple of weeks after me.

Btw, they didn't email me I've just seen that my status changed online to successful - so for everyone who logs in everyday (Or like me nearly every hour) it's worth doing it!

Thanks Amy79, I will post on here when I finally know the outcome.....long sigh....:SLEEP:

Guest WinTheAshes

Hi Waitingawhile. If it's of any consolation here's the time line of my OH's application (Marketing Analyst):

Online application received: 13 Mar 2011

Payment received: 02 Apr 2011

Documents received: 14 Apr 2011

Current assessment status: Pending

Email them on 04 July to be told that no case officer has been assigned yet and they will let us know if further documentation is required. They also said that they are hoping to complete the assessment by the end of Aug 2011! That will be a minimum 18 weeks since receipt of documents. Therefore not too far off from Northern's time frame.

No finger or toe nails left soon :-)