Could I Change from family sponsorship to State/Territory sponsorship?

Guest bsbs

Guest bsbs

I need an obvious right answer for my question, please :

Could I change my ,already submitted, "visa subclass 176" from family sponsorship to state sponsorship? ?

Ofcourse after obtaining nomination of state sponsorship.

official links are required, please.Thank you in advance.:sad::sad:

Guest siamsusie

Welcome to PIO.

Bumping this up for you and hope you can receive some replies.

Susie x

I need an obvious right answer for my question, please :

Could I change my ,already submitted, "visa subclass 176" from family sponsorship to state sponsorship? ?

Ofcourse after obtaining nomination of state sponsorship.

official links are required, please.Thank you in advance.:sad::sad:

You can change from family to state sponsored if you lodged your 176 visa application before 1 July 2010.

Below is the only official link I can find that says it's possible for some applicants to change the basis of a 176. Unfortunately, it only implies it rather than stating it as a definite fact.

FAQ #19 states "For applications lodged after 1 July 2010, a new application may be required if you have obtained a state or territory nomination after lodgement."

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/gsm-priority-processing-faqs.pdf

If you lodged your application on or after 1 July 2010, you definitely CANNOT change from family to state sponsored without lodging a whole new application and paying a new VAC.

I've found a much better link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/statmig-faq.pdf

Q10 says:

Can I obtain priority processing under a State Migration Plan if I have already applied for an Independent Skilled visa or I have been sponsored by a family member?

Applications for permanent visas lodged before 1 July 2010

Applicants who applied for either a Skilled (Residence) or Skilled (Migrant) visa (subclasses 175, 176, 885 and 886) before 1 July 2010 are able to seek a nomination under a Plan and have their application assessed on the basis of having a state or territory nomination.

Applications for permanent visas lodged on or after 1 July 2010

Applicants who applied for either a Skilled (Residence) or Skilled (Migrant) visa (subclasses 175, 176, 885 and 886) on or after 1 July 2010 as either an independent or family sponsored applicant cannot be assessed using a state or territory nomination under a Plan. This is because it is a legislative requirement for applicants applying from 1 July 2010 to have obtained a nomination (or family sponsorship) prior to lodging the visa application."

Archived