ACT, Canberra State Sponsorship - WHERE ARE YOU NOW

Big Bob

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TURN ME PURPLE.

I woke up this morning to an email confirming they are going to accept us. All systems go now to get the visa in !!!!!!

Awesome news MRG...congratulations-purple-blue.gif

File your visa right away...way to go ....Will turn you purple like a pansy right away:wubclub:..

regards

Big Bob

Hi all,

My application got refused as they feel I am more of IT manager and cant be fit for ACT.

So guys any new advise???

regards

amit shukla

Boodzz

I am sorry to hear the news bro :hug:.. I would suggest you to reappeal and tell them that ACS asessed you with the same and henceforth you applied in the same ASCO Code... Write an e-mail to them explaining them you applied in that basis and if that is a problem if they can review your application as an IT manager. All the best comrade...Will turn you red for now...:embarrassed:

regards

Big Bob

Yeah priority processing if there's a job offer. I got normal priority in my acknowledgement receipt.

Hope all of us will be in ACT this year :wub:

My ACT photo last August 2010.

1-11.jpg

Thats a beautiful pic :smile:

regards

Big Bob

Name: Pete & Cat (Cat is the applicant)

Date of SMP application: 7th March (iirc but will check)

Trade/profession: Business Professional (NEC)

Visa type: 176 Family Sponsored (originally applied in May '09)

Delays/further docs requested:

SS received: 07/06/2011

Form 1100 Uploaded: Advised it was sent today

Visa Filed:

Comments:

Today is a good day, light at the end of a long tunnel :)

Name: Pete & Cat (Cat is the applicant)

Date of SMP application: 7th March (iirc but will check)

Trade/profession: Business Professional (NEC)

Visa type: 176 Family Sponsored (originally applied in May '09)

Delays/further docs requested:

SS received: 07/06/2011

Form 1100 Uploaded: Advised it was sent today

Visa Filed:

Comments:

Today is a good day, light at the end of a long tunnel :)

Hi pntaylor

Welcome to ACT SMP thread...will updated your details right away to page 1...

All the best with your ACT SMP application.

regards

Big Bob

Hi pntaylor

Welcome to ACT SMP thread...will updated your details right away to page 1...

All the best with your ACT SMP application.

regards

Big Bob

Meant to do it when we applied but life has been so busy recently! It was a stressful weekend though as our application went before the board on Friday. Head wasn't quite on properly all weekend, lol!

Guest boodzz
Boodzz

I am sorry to hear the news bro :hug:.. I would suggest you to reappeal and tell them that ACS asessed you with the same and henceforth you applied in the same ASCO Code... Write an e-mail to them explaining them you applied in that basis and if that is a problem if they can review your application as an IT manager. All the best comrade...Will turn you red for now...:embarrassed:

regards

Big Bob

@big bob

Hey,

thanks for info. Is it possible to argue on their decision. I think that due to pressure of july1 deadline, they are not really reviewing like before and it was a hasty decision.

I get 70 points in new system but i need a SMP to apply.

Will appreciate if anyone can shed more light on this issue and guide me further.

Also how can i reapply for new ACS code. I have now mba and pmp membership. so i would like to reapply for ict business analyst. Whats required to get that done under rpl.

thanks.

boodzz

@big bob

Hey,

thanks for info. Is it possible to argue on their decision. I think that due to pressure of july1 deadline, they are not really reviewing like before and it was a hasty decision.

I get 70 points in new system but i need a SMP to apply.

Will appreciate if anyone can shed more light on this issue and guide me further.

Also how can i reapply for new ACS code. I have now mba and pmp membership. so i would like to reapply for ict business analyst. Whats required to get that done under rpl.

thanks.

boodzz

When we met Julianne over the weekend (before we heard on our application) we asked her whether there was any way of it being checked again/reconsidered. She said to get in touch with her.

Her contact details are:

Julianne O’Brien

Skilled and Business Migration Program

Phone: 02 6207 1957

Fax: 02 6207 0033

Email: businessmigration@act.gov.au

She's also doing a tour of seminars though I'm not sure what ones are planned next other than Bristol this weekend.

HTH

When we met Julianne over the weekend (before we heard on our application) we asked her whether there was any way of it being checked again/reconsidered. She said to get in touch with her.

Her contact details are:

Julianne O’Brien

She's also doing a tour of seminars though I'm not sure what ones are planned next other than Bristol this weekend.

HTH

pntaylor

Thanks for updating boodz( I hope that lady wont mind puttting her name here in public forum)...Anyways...She has been the hot topic in this thread previously:wink:...boodz...its better you collate all reasons and factors to backup the application and appeal for the same... Answering your second question...if you want to change your ACS code you need to file a new ACS application...I would suggest you to hire an Immigration Consultant/Lawyer to file your case if you can afford one since there are lot of complications(as you said).

thanks and regards

Big Bob

pntaylor

Thanks for updating boodz( I hope that lady wont mind puttting her name here in public forum)...Anyways...She has been the hot topic in this thread previously:wink:...boodz...its better you collate all reasons and factors to backup the application and appeal for the same... Answering your second question...if you want to change your ACS code you need to file a new ACS application...I would suggest you to hire an Immigration Consultant/Lawyer to file your case if you can afford one since there are lot of complications(as you said).

thanks and regards

Big Bob

I didn't quite think about that :/ but hopefully as her name and contact details are freely available on the ACT website she won't mind though if you think it's best maybe remove it *shrugs*

Guest stiffmizer

Her contact details are:

Julianne O’Brien

HTH

She is the only person concerned... I mean I have also heard that name multiple times..????

Guest sophie hautefeuille

Hello!

My husband has applied to an ACT state sponsored visa and the application was received on the 23rd of may 2011.

Does it sound impossible that it will be accepted before the 1st of July deadline?

If it isn't done by then, what happens to the application?

Also, do you think we should get our medicals done now or wait and see? We are off to France for the summer so i am not sure we can get it done there and approved by the australians authorities... so maybe best to do it now but i don't want to risk paying for the medicals if the visa application gets refused... Catch 22!

Many thanks,

Sophie and Dominic

Guest Orion25
@Big_Bob: could you turn us Purple as our application was approved :)

EXCELLENT NEWS :biggrin::twitcy::jiggy:

Guest boodzz

@Big Bob

Thanks for your advise. I wrote to them and they have agreed to review my app, as they had ignored additional information I had sent them after the main app.

However they have asked me to provide ample job opportunities for system admin and IT manager jobs in ACT.

I need you guys to help with the sites from where I can get the job adverts for IT sector.

I have tried seek, career one and hays.

This is my last chance. I will appriciate all your help. I plan to send everything by weekend so that they can look at it next week.

Thanks guys for helping me so far. Had it not for you guys i would have just accepted the result and sat quietly blaming my luck.

Thanks again. Look forward to your responses.

Regards

Boodzz

Guest Orion25

Hi Boodz,

What i would suggest (it worked for us) is google IT jobs in Australia ACT and narrow it down from there, we found job sites we didn't even know existed this way. Sadly I cannot remember them all and some only dealt with Property Valuers (hubby's profession) so you might hit a luck this way.

Good luck and we are holding thumbs for you.

T

Guest boodzz

Hi guys,

how many job adverts related to my field and employ-ability, should be enough to convince the panel?

Thanks

Boodzz

Hi guys,

how many job adverts related to my field and employ-ability, should be enough to convince the panel?

Thanks

Boodzz

I just asked the missus what she put on her application (as she's the applicant) and she said that her list had roughly 13 or so on it and that she listed the weblink to the ad with the job title.

HTH

Guest Orion25
Hi guys,

Thanks

Boodzz

We sent off around 6, what we did was open the full add and take a screen shot a pasted it onto a word doc and sent this off, the reason we did it this way was because as the posts are filled the weblinks no longer work as they de-register the post, so with a screen shot you can see the full add. It is up to you though how you go about it.

I am jsut so pleased that they are prepared to review your app.

Good Luck

T

Hello!

My husband has applied to an ACT state sponsored visa and the application was received on the 23rd of may 2011.

Does it sound impossible that it will be accepted before the 1st of July deadline?

If it isn't done by then, what happens to the application?

Also, do you think we should get our medicals done now or wait and see? We are off to France for the summer so i am not sure we can get it done there and approved by the australians authorities... so maybe best to do it now but i don't want to risk paying for the medicals if the visa application gets refused... Catch 22!

Many thanks,

Sophie and Dominic

Hie Sophie

July 1 is when new point sytem will be applicable and everyone who wants to apply needs 65+ points to pass..You should better know whether your OH clears the new point test or not...http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/points-fact.pdf

regards

Big Bob

Guest boodzz
We sent off around 6, what we did was open the full add and take a screen shot a pasted it onto a word doc and sent this off, the reason we did it this way was because as the posts are filled the weblinks no longer work as they de-register the post, so with a screen shot you can see the full add. It is up to you though how you go about it.

I am jsut so pleased that they are prepared to review your app.

Good Luck

T

Thanks buddy.

I am working on it and have found over 30 jobs exactly suiting my profile.

I will take their snapshot and will create a PDF file and send over.

lets pray for the best.

thanks again for all your help

boodzz

Guest Orion25
Thanks buddy.

lets pray for the best.

boodzz

Good luck, and let us know how it goes. :wink:

T

Thanks buddy.

lets pray for the best.

boodzz

Will be crossing fingers for you :)

Archived