ACT, Canberra State Sponsorship - WHERE ARE YOU NOW

Big Bob

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Orion25
15,000$

Sjoe, Are you the only person on your application? We are 5 on ours and have had to prove $60,000.00 and it was no easy feat, we just made it, but with the exchange rates the way they are now, we are a little worried. :err:

What other options are open to you? :wideeyed:

Guest Orion25

PLEASE TURN ME PURPLE.

We got confirmation that we were approved for ACT SS this morning. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::laugh::laugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest foha2012
PLEASE TURN ME PURPLE.

We got confirmation that we were approved for ACT SS this morning. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::laugh::laugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Congratulations !!

Cheers,

TAA

PLEASE TURN ME PURPLE.

WOW ...AWESOME WEEK GOING ORION:wubclub:......You are # 2 COMARADE...Will turn you Purple like a barney :cute:.congratulations_purple_glitter.gif

regards

Big Bob

Congratz Orion.

@pocahonta

How many is included in your application?

I did create a waiver too as I need to have $30,000 my fiancee is included in my application. I only have $21,000 in bank though can earn the remaining in 5 months and will sell my car. Good luck to all of us. :)

Guest Orion25
Congratz Orion.

@pocahonta

How many is included in your application?

I did create a waiver too as I need to have $30,000 my fiancee is included in my application. I only have $21,000 in bank though can earn the remaining in 5 months and will sell my car. Good luck to all of us. :)

SOHC,

We also submitted a waiver and when the money started coming in we sent bank statements and when the house was sold we sent a lawyers letter to back up what we had sent as proof.

Good luck to all those still waiting.

T

Guest rhump3

Hi All,

Heard from my agent today. Apparently my sponsorship has been approved by ACT. Just need to get the next stage sorted hopefully. I did not go for priority processing, so there is clearly still movement for people who submitted their applications in March!

GLA

rhump3

Hi All,

Heard from my agent today. Apparently my sponsorship has been approved by ACT. Just need to get the next stage sorted hopefully. I did not go for priority processing, so there is clearly still movement for people who submitted their applications in March!

GLA

rhump3

Awesum news RHUMP3...You are #3 Captain...Let me turn you PURPLE

congratulations_animated-b0dfe7f36a3f81c214467dfe60d08f34.gif

regards

Big Bob

Guest foha2012

Fellow posters,

ACT has just updated their website. They now are assessing applications received on March 7th 2011.

They should send us our results before the 30th June deadline. (March / April applicants)

Cheers,

TAA

Hi All,

GLA

rhump3

Congrats mate. Good to hear the news we are all waiting for desperately.

Best of luck!

Fellow posters,

ACT has just updated their website. They now are assessing applications received on March 7th 2011.

They should send us our results before the 30th June deadline. (March / April applicants)

Cheers,

TAA

Updated the forum header right away... I am sure my turn gonna come in somewhere around August that way...:cry:...

regards

Bob

Name: H Logan

Date of SMP application: 14 Apr 11

Trade/profession: General Manager

Visa type: skilled sponsorship

Delays/further docs requested: none as yet

SS received: NOT YET

Form 1100 Uploaded:

Visa Filed:

Comments:

Guest auzzycrazzy

Hi Guys,

My occupation (Sofftware Tester) is not on ACT SMP list, but ACT has mentioned that if an occupation is on "Schedule 4", people can appy for a sponsorship

In terms of funds I'm in the positive side, I can show much more than the expected amount.

Also I would like to live in ACT becasue I have lots of relatives in Sydeny

What are my chances of getting a positive responce?

please share your ideas guys

Thanks in advance

Name: H Logan

Date of SMP application: 14 Apr 11

Trade/profession: General Manager

Visa type: skilled sponsorship

Delays/further docs requested: none as yet

SS received: NOT YET

Form 1100 Uploaded:

Visa Filed:

Comments:

Welcome connor222:wubclub: to ACT thread...

Thanks for the details...you are off to page one...sea green :smile:

regards

Big Bob

Hi Guys,

My occupation (Sofftware Tester) is not on ACT SMP list, but ACT has mentioned that if an occupation is on "Schedule 4", people can appy for a sponsorship

In terms of funds I'm in the positive side, I can show much more than the expected amount.

Also I would like to live in ACT becasue I have lots of relatives in Sydeny

What are my chances of getting a positive responce?

please share your ideas guys

Thanks in advance

Hi Auzzycrazy

Wecome to ACT thread :wubclub:

If you were assessed on ASCO 2231-79 Software and Applications Programmers (nec) you are definitely eligible to apply for the state sponsorship right now as that is in SMP list. Also, you still eligible for state sponsorship as well if you fulfill their work experience criteria+ IELTS score + Funds+SOL list 4 occupation. As far as I can tell you there are industrial experts who scan your CV and then check your employability in ACT. So chances are unpredictable as their process cant be predicted,sure luck and depends on your CV.

Better option is to apply and wait and watch.

regards

Big Bob

Guest stiffmizer

hello bigbob

you seem to know lot abt act process...please tell me how much time it takes to get a visa from canberra.

hello bigbob

you seem to know lot abt act process...please tell me how much time it takes to get a visa from canberra.

It all depends on case to case basis....you need to make sure that your documentation is perfect... Meds and PCC also play a big role as for LR countries they can be uploaded online before CO is allocated... for HR countries its entirely different... I cannot speculate the same but other people in this forum,foha,uli can comment on that.

thanks

Big Bob

Guest foha2012
hello bigbob

Hello Stiffmizer,

Me and Bob had some experience with VIC state nomination process but ACT is unchartered territory for both us. Having a look at some old posts in another forum tells us that ACT used to award sponsorship in a maximum of 60 days, but since they are being overwhelmed by the number of applications they have received, it is now taking a lot longer.

I had applied on March 13th and still waiting for a result.

One thing is certain - we should get our results before July 1st deadline. I spoke with the good lady at ACT Skills and business unit and she tells me that they will issue results before June 30th, so people can apply under the current points system.

I wish you good luck, lets hope for the best

Cheers,

TAA

Guest foha2012
@Foha

did they tell until what month they will finish before July 1? hope all of us turn to purple soon :v_SPIN:

but not this purple one -->:sad:

:biglaugh:

Sohc,

The nice lady at ACT skills and business is Julliane. Drop her an email and she always replies. Post her answer here too. Her email is businessmigration@act.gov.au

You see, I have been bugging her a lot and I don't want her to think of me a s pest ;)

Cheers,

TAA

Archived